Shellac top coat run out... brisa gel??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

torella

Reaction score
my shellac top coat has run out and ive got 3 to do next week. theres none in stock on sweet squared!!!
can i use my brisa gel top coat instead as a temporary measure until i can get some top coat??
thanks x

I tried this and found it to be too thick not as shiney, also might be a coinsidence but had 2 nails chip, when client has always had french and never had problems until that time I used brisa topcoat.

xxx

oh. Is there any other product i can try? i could maybe get 1, at a push 2, more treatments out of my bottle :( arg!! xx

You could get some gelish topcoat, I am sure I read on here somewhere that you can use gelish base and topcoat with the shellac polishes :hug:

Last edited:
gelish topcoat or nsi glaze and go both have worked for us in the top coat drought...... of course its best to usee what is recommended but we ran out and with no more a the time we had a play with various top coats and they both worked.

however, glaze and go......dont use your disperse....... do your base, two thin coats of colour and then top coat of glaze and go. (curing inbetween of course).

hope this helps in your emergency. xxxxxxxxxx

I was told S2 are due stock delivery any day now and that they are getting deliveries regularly now, I think they will contact you to say when it's in if you ask them as they have a list? Hope you wont have to wait long!

I tried this and found it to be too thick not as shiney, also might be a coinsidence but had 2 nails chip, when client has always had french and never had problems until that time I used brisa topcoat.

xxx

I don't think you can put a hard gel on top of a soak off. Because the soak off layer is more flexible. So when stress is applied it shatters under the hard gel. I've never seen this, but it makes sense to me.

I have used NSI's Glaze N Go a few times. It works well and it's great in a pinch!

thank you thank you thank you. i shall go and buy some glaze n go and hope it comes in time and also works :) in the mean time, how do i get on the email list for shellac?

xx

Latest posts

Back