Shellac UV Lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cosmeticrebekah

Reaction score
Hi I was just wondering if anyone can advise me, I am currently using shellac and gellish products. I use one of cnd UV lamps that we were advised to buy when purchasing the shellac, unfortunately today the bulbs have gone on the lamp, and shellac have no more replacement bulbs in stock!!! i have also tried to purchase a gellish lamp but they are out of stock for 6 weeks!
Does anybody no where i can buy replacement bulps or a UV lamp which is strong enough to set shellac and gellish nails..... Coming upto christmas we are sooo busy, we have old UV lamps but they are just not strong enough to set the products, please can anyone help????

You could try to get hold of some of the old CND lamps (silver ones) I think they have some bulbs for them in stock,

Any good 36W UV lamp will do believe me !! for both GELISH & SHELLAC
if you have an old one just change the bulbs don't bother to buy expensive stuff ! for GELISH you can use a LED lamp which of course lessen a lot the curing time it may be a bit expensive but it is worth it (I use it myself and could not do without !)

I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think you can only use the CND Shellac or Brisa lamp for Shellac. If it isn't one of those two, the product won't cure properly and could cause you problems.

i know someone will correct me if i'm wrong but i think you can only use the cnd shellac or brisa lamp for shellac. If it isn't one of those two, the product won't cure properly and could cause you problems.
your not wrong hun :) x

your not wrong hun :) x

Thanks Mizzy. There have been other posts along the lines of, "I used another lamp to cure Shellac and it isn't working", and "I'm having terrible problems with my Shellac, is it because I used the wrong lamp?". In the case of Shellac, you really do need the correct lamp for the product to perform effectively.

Any good 36W UV lamp will do believe me !! for both GELISH & SHELLAC
if you have an old one just change the bulbs don't bother to buy expensive stuff ! for GELISH you can use a LED lamp which of course lessen a lot the curing time it may be a bit expensive but it is worth it (I use it myself and could not do without !)

This is completely incorrect information by someone who thinks they know better, but they do not. So do not "believe" it.

You can only guarantee a complete cure of Shellac with the CND lamp which has been designed just for CND Shellac and Brisa Gels.. that is the way it is. Use another lamp and and down the road you will have problems. You cannot guarantee Shellac without it, and you will have no company support if you do not use it. Besides it is a kiss A** lamp and does a 5 finger cure and 2 minutes is quick enough for me plus 10 secs. for the base coat. Works for me and anything quicker and I would not be quick enough for it! lol I think a 30 minute service is perfectly acceptable for clients and for me. especially if they are paying 25.00 for it.

Gelish will cure under a 36watt uv lamp. If you are getting new bulbs or a new lamp be warey of cheap ones they may be false economy.

It's like saying any polymer will work with any monomer??? Shellac has been formulated with the correct amount of phot-inotiators to work with the shellac/brisa bulb, the photo-inotiators turn the amount of uv light into energy to be able to start the polymerization process. This is why it is important to work with the correct system as if your bulbs uv light exposure is not Callibratef to the correct level then service breakdown will occour at some point.

Latest posts

Back