Shellac with Brisa

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winemom

Reaction score
If applying shellac on top of brisa gel, is the shellac base coat necessary?? and is anybody putting shellac top coat on top of regular polish, and if so are you charging extra?? Thanks:smack:

If applying shellac on top of brisa gel, is the shellac base coat necessary??
No, you don't need it because it has the buffed surface to adhere to.
However, I'm trying not to apply Shellac to my Brisa clients as enamel lasts just as well on enhancements :D

and is anybody putting shellac top coat on top of regular polish, and if so are you charging extra?? Thanks:smack:
No, I use Lumos for base and top coat with enamel and Shellac top coat for Shellac.

hth's a bit :D

If applying shellac on top of brisa gel, is the shellac base coat necessary?? :smack:

I really don't understand why people would want to do this, am I missing something?

Ordinary polish lasts at least two weeks on enhancements and you don't have to soak it off. How can you justify charging a premium price for a Shellac treatment and then use it as an add on service for other treatments without really bumping up the price to the client or the cost to you?

Ty - and do you put top coat on brisa and then polish and then lumos??

Ty - and do you put top coat on brisa and then polish and then lumos??
When I apply enamel over Brisa enhancements I do the following (without using Brisa Gloss):

Buff them over with a 180/240
Then a finer grit buffer if needed
Remove dust
Quick wipe over with Scrubfresh
Lumos base coat
2 coats of colour
Lumos top coat
Done :D

Latest posts

Back