Shellac with Irresistible Foils

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have the peacock one from S2 I found it better to use with foil glue rather than just shellac.
Ah really, perhaps this is where I'm going wrong with the patterns - the peacock didn't turn out too bad but it's not perfect and the zebra wasn't even wearable!

This is a pop I did with foil glue :) I think it def looks better than on just shellac or gel.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358531542.663543.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358531542.663543.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 1,356
This is a pop I did with foil glue :) I think it def looks better than on just shellac or gel.
Yeah it's definitely better than my attempt that I posted earlier in the thread but I do think it needs a colour behind it for the odd gaps - they don't seem to just come clean off, unless there's a knack to it :)

It's also easier on a nail than a pop lol

Yes I agree and normally I would put a colour on, just to disguise any tiny blemishes

Here are some I did with the foil from Sweet Squared - I do find them hard to use as a pattern though so one's like the zebra print don't get used :(

20130115_114004.jpg

These are some eBay foils on Blackpool Shellac

20121219_103505-1.jpg

Hoe did u get this gold foil to be in a random speckled pattern? Can u give your procedure?

If I'm doing it so its just in little areas on a nail, I cut thin lengths then dab it on the nail quickly pressing with my thumb nail edge :) that way you can do a little or bigger patches.

That's just my way

Last edited:
Quick pic

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358535383.103103.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358535383.103103.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 442
Nail delights for me too! Xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358547669.093517.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358547669.093517.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 957
Nail delights it is for me then just need to decide on my starting colours! All the pics are amazing can't wait to try them out. Will post my attempts when I have done them :)

I don't have any of the ones from s2 yet buy ive bought mine from eBay, foil play and nail delights. Xx
Here is Blackpool with sparkling silver holographic
7a2ynu7y.jpg

Here is dark lava with a gold foil
5a3eva4a.jpg

Love them both especially Blackpool my clients will love that.! How much extra do you charge for them if you don't mind me asking?
X

I use nail delights too , good quality and reasonable prices and free del if spending over £10.
Here some with Shellac Blackpool x

Fab! What colour foils are you used here? X

I use some from eBay, first set came in square sheets, several different colours in a pack, the second rolled in little tubes and they're holographic. I find the second lot harder to use, the transfer isn't as simple.

I was wondering what the irresistible ones are like.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358582596.614708.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358582596.614708.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 429
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358582635.259178.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358582635.259178.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 372
Hoe did u get this gold foil to be in a random speckled pattern? Can u give your procedure?
Just quickly dab the foil on the nail in random places - it easily just sticks - I find it far easier doing this than doing any with a pattern, it literally takes seconds to do the full hand :)

I use some from eBay, first set came in square sheets, several different colours in a pack, the second rolled in little tubes and they're holographic. I find the second lot harder to use, the transfer isn't as simple.

I was wondering what the irresistible ones are like.
Yeah the black and silver in my pic are the square packs from eBay and they work so much better than the CND roll which is what I used in my green coloured pic - they're so much hard work and tbh I get fed up of the roll unravelling - not very good for storage!

Nail delights for me too! Xx

I absolutely love this, I have been playing round with the foils from Nail Delights and did something similar, but what shellac colour have you used underneath?

Did these last year

Attachments

• DSC_0737.jpg
    DSC_0737.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 1,082
Just a quick question...if you use the foil resin would you completely finish your application including top coat and wiping away inhibition layer then - apply the resin - stick your foil on - then top coat again?

I use Shellac and Gelish.

Ta :)

Love them both especially Blackpool my clients will love that.! How much extra do you charge for them if you don't mind me asking?
X

My usual shellac is £22 foils, rockstars etc I charge £25. Once ive completed my master painter in April I think I'm going to increase the prices xx

I absolutely love this, I have been playing round with the foils from Nail Delights and did something similar, but what shellac colour have you used underneath?

Thank you! It's been a while, but I think it was Blackpool. I always use dark colours underneath as it gives a better effect. This has green, blue and red foils and didn't really have any of the Shellac colour showing through. Xxx

Is it just me that finds the irresistible foils a nightmare to work with?

I can never get a good coverage. Itd be ok if it was for a broken/speckled pattern but I bought the Leopard one and the Peacock one which I would like to use as a fuller covering.

I find the nail delights one fab.

Does anyone have a tip on a better result with the others?

try some foil glue which gives you better coverage. apply shellac then put glue on, wait for it to go see through and then press foil into it , if you want a different look use 2 or 3 foils in different colours and press in different places xx

Latest posts

Back