Shoot Me Down

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry but you guys arn't gunna have a choice whether you can speeak to me or not coz i'll just harras ya until you stop for a chat!!!!!!!

Simple.

Hi All, Please, please dont be shy about meeting other geeks, I first introduced myself on the board to Samantha (Mrs Geek) about a year ago and she told me to come and say hello at Excel 2003. I did and she was so friendly and helpful to me. The same with Ruthie (Nailsinlondon1). I had met Ruth once before for some advice and when she came out from competing in Excel 2004, she asked me to go for a cuppa with them. It was then that I met other Geeks, Liza Smith, Debs, Kelly C, Dawnie, Layla, Crazy and Creative, Marian. They are such nice people to know and so helpful and friendly. We are a big geeky family that helps each other on the board and it is no different when you come face to face. Unfortunatley I wont be at G-Mex but will be in Birmingham and Excel, so please come and say hello. Layla, you had better make me a badge so people know who I am.
David
P.s Gorsclaws, next time I am up home, I will take your hand and bring you back over from the other side. Lol

Jaydee said:
Layla, you had better make me a badge so people know who I am.

Consider it a done deal, Mr Chicho! :D

xxxxxxxxx

I can see a pattern forming here, why don't ALL GEEKS (females at least!) wear funky tights to shows then we'll be able to see each other from a distance! Maybe the guys could wear funky socks, & have one trouser leg rolled up!!!

Teena_B said:
I can see a pattern forming here, why don't ALL GEEKS (females at least!) wear funky tights to shows then we'll be able to see each other from a distance! Maybe the guys could wear funky socks, & have one trouser leg rolled up!!!

GREAT IDEA!!!!!! :lol:

This post makes me sad, because I don't think I'll ever get to see any of you Geeks.
CCCCRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

Would be alright cept I don't do skirts...perhaps I could wear crazy clown trousers!!!

mgloverfam said:
This post makes me sad, because I don't think I'll ever get to see any of you Geeks.
Don't be so sure.

Mrs Geek was in Chicago only a few months ago and we do travel quite a bit. One day you might get a knock on your door!! :eek:

mgloverfam said:

Hi Diya,

Don't be sad ..... I passed through Chicago last christmas!!!! My husband has 2 children who live in Indy...so you never know!! :D Remember the saying...Its a small world!!!!

mgloverfam said:
OK GUYS, GROUP TRIP TO VISIT MGLOVERFAM!!!! CAN YOU PUT ALL 2000ish OF US UP IN YOUR SPARE ROOM?:eek: :biggrin:
(us coming to see you!)

LMAO!!!
You guys are so sweet. I really feel bad sometimes knowing that you geeks are all in the same area. I ask some nail techs here if they've ever heard of The Nail Geek, and they have no clue!! I should start a campaign to get more Geeks on here from the USA!!
Geeg, I would fall out on the floor if you, Samuel, or Samantha showed up at my door!! LOL!!
I only hope that there are some upcoming shows that I can attend here, and maybe see some geeks there.
Other than that, if any Geek here is visiting Chicago, I'll give you my info, and take you out and show you a great time in this great City!

mgloverfam said:
LMAO!!!
You guys are so sweet. I really feel bad sometimes knowing that you geeks are all in the same area. I ask some nail techs here if they've ever heard of The Nail Geek, and they have no clue!! I should start a campaign to get more Geeks on here from the USA!!
Now that is funny! I know the UK seems like a small place when you live in the giant ol USA but trust me a lot of us don't travel very far in our native land! I went to the Excel exhibition and still didn't see a single geek walking around (only Sam and Amanda on the creative stand!)! But this is what is great about technology, we can become friends without ever meeting!

princessmowgli said:
[/font]

I think this is simply a phrase which geeks are using as a security blanket. We offer our advice or opinion knowing that it may be slightly inaccurate or controversial but advising all the same.
It's simply a guard saying 'if I'm wrong don't harass me wagging your finger in an 'I told you so sort of way' or 'I know you don't wan't to hear this but I'm gonna say it anyway' almost half expecting some sort of re dress on the matter.
Also some, myself included, have in the past replyed to threads knowing some sort of backlash is iminent due to the contributors of the post in question.

I reckon I might have said it in the past & if I look back into my posts, could probably guess where I've said it.

SORRY
i too have used the phrase, sorry if its bugged others!

I have been shot down before, hence the reason why i have said it in the past, like the princess has said, it's a security blanket.

Latest posts

Back