Shop usage - permission??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen2k

Reaction score
Hi all only me again!

Got a quick question for anyone who knows the answer... taking over a shop licensed for hairdressing do you need council planning permission to adapt to beauty within the shop? To beauty I'm meaning waxing treatments and massage. The class of usage on a hairdressers is class A1, can anyone who owns a beauty salon please let me know what class your salon is please?

Any help would be grateful... thanks all!

Jen x

Beauty salon..........A1. Good luck with your business venture. x

Hi all only me again!

Got a quick question for anyone who knows the answer... taking over a shop licensed for hairdressing do you need council planning permission to adapt to beauty within the shop? To beauty I'm meaning waxing treatments and massage. The class of usage on a hairdressers is class A1, can anyone who owns a beauty salon please let me know what class your salon is please?

Any help would be grateful... thanks all!

Jen x

I think you need a special license to practice massage. Any invasive treatments ie electrolysis, ear piercing and tattooing plus massage is required to have a special license.

I think you need a special license to practice massage. Any invasive treatments ie electrolysis, ear piercing and tattooing plus massage is required to have a special license.
That's correct but I think it's separate to the A1 license...........it's in addition to. A1 is just the type of business that you can run from that shop. xx

Hiya thanks for the reply, I have been researching as best I can and all I can find out is that a special license is needed if you are either going into sport massage or clinical?

Ah! I stand corrected then :)

Good luck with your new salon Jen :hug:

Ah! I stand corrected then :)

Good luck with your new salon Jen :hug:

Thank you... will post pics after I have a HUGE clean in the place! :lol: xx

You need to check with your local council as the legislation is not national but how regional councils interpret that legislation! My Council stipulate that Beauty and / or nail salons are not covered under A1 retail. I therefore would have to apply for change of use to a "Sui generis" (if you do a search tehre is aquite a bit of info on this) so that my beloved council can earn about £300 out of me for nowt!!!!

Call the Planning Department of your council, and also Environmental Health in case you need to have a licence for any of your treatments.

Latest posts

Back