should i change the name of the business?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

therapyem

Reaction score
hi to all geekers

my question, as the title indicates is a name change!

my shop is called The Holistix Centre'. i chose the name as when i opened over 2 1/2 years ago, that is what i aminly did. i did not think down the line that i would be offering more treatments in the beauty side of things!
i have contmeplated a name change for a while but not sure what to do.

i amthinking of adding 'beauty' in the nmae somewhere like 'The Holistix and Beauty Centre'.

is this a crazy idea. i am going to get more leaflets printed etc and dont want to spend a firtune getting them done and then changing the name. i have asked my friedns and fmaily and they all seem to nod and agree with me.

i would really like any geekers honest opion or even anyone who has changed their shop name and any impact it had on clients/ trade etc.

i want to do it as i keep getting more holistic clients and really want to build up my beauty clientele more.

this may seem a bit trivial but i dont know what to do for the best!

any tips or ideas would be great. or any name possibilites.

thanx in advance

em x

I'm sure that you are proud of the business you have built up so far, and have an attachment to it's name, also you would already have a reputation to go with that name.
What about Beauty Holistix?
If you do want to go for a drastic change you will need to spend a lot more on advertising to get it known who you are now.

i think adding beauty to your current name will work well, while keeping the name almost the same as it is currently is you avoid your clients thinking you're not there anymore or that you've sold the business to someone else. it also shows the wide range of treatments you offer, hth good luck with it x

I'm sure that you are proud of the business you have built up so far, and have an attachment to it's name, also you would already have a reputation to go with that name.
What about Beauty Holistix?
If you do want to go for a drastic change you will need to spend a lot more on advertising to get it known who you are now.

This is exactly what I was thinking!

i did origiannly (a while back) contemplate changing the name quite drastically but my sister pointed out that people may think that i have moved on or someone else now owns/ runs the shop. i def think i need to promote that the salon nows offers beauty therapies as weel as the holistic therapies that i have always offered. i am planning on doing a newsletter to distribute to clients over easter so i think i may get it done then?

it a big move but i suppose nothing ventured nothing gained!?!?

i was also thinking of dropping the centre part of the name and goin for 'Holistix and Beauty' rather than 'The Holistix and Beauty Centre'

what do my fellow geekers think of tha two names above?

please help
xx

personally, i like the holistix and beauty centre. it sounds v professional and inviting. i would def change the name, as a potential client i would assume that the holistix centre didnt do beauty treatments. When client ask you about the name change, mention as you did to us that you hadnt realised the business would take off so quickly, and that expansion would be necessary, but it has, and now you offer a greater range of treatemts to cater for the whole community.
This is the perfect opportunity to relaunch your business, why not leaflet drop for an open evening/day, to existing customers and potential ones, rather than the newsletter. you can demonstrate some of your new treatments, have special offers to get them off the ground etc. offer a glass of wine/oj and some nibbles and give those clients something to talk about and an incentive to book one of your fab new treatments TODAY.

Goodluckxx:)

or Holistix Beauty, either way I like this name too. :)
Yep. I like it both ways too. It's simple and catchy & give a good descripton of what you do without being too long.
I personnally prefer Beauty Holistix or Holistix Beauty to Holistix and Beauty.

Sorry Em, but I'm not mad keen on using the word Holistix at all. I think alot of everyday people do not know what holistic means and therefore in my view you'll put off alot of people even making an enquiry, except those who know what the word means.

Ask some random people in the street what Holistic means - I think you would get very mixed results (hold a clip board............that gives you a license to ask stupid questions!)

...I think alot of everyday people do not know what holistic means and therefore in my view you'll put off alot of people even making an enquiry, except those who know what the word means...
Know what you mean, but if ppl dont get the meaning of holistix they'll just think its part of the company name, & still cool! :hug:

Sorry Em, but I'm not mad keen on using the word Holistix at all. I think alot of everyday people do not know what holistic means and therefore in my view you'll put off alot of people even making an enquiry, except those who know what the word means.

Ask some random people in the street what Holistic means - I think you would get very mixed results (hold a clip board............that gives you a license to ask stupid questions!)

Well, holistix wouldn't put me off, far from it but I do agree that the number of people who know what it means is very limited.

Know what you mean, but if ppl dont get the meaning of holistix they'll just think its part of the company name, & still cool! :hug:
I think it sounds cool too, even if people don't understand, & you already have clientele with this name.

Latest posts

Back