Should i do the nail competition at beauty show??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dancingdiva3101

Reaction score
Hey geeks was just looking for a bit of advice for competition work at a beauty show, i dunno if im good enough for the competition although im very happy with my work, i notice that its alot of girls from ukraine an stuff taht usually win, ill post up some of my work in pics please feel free to criticise,

Thanks

I think you should just go for it!
Everyone starts somewhere in these competitions and whether you win or not you will still learn from it for the future. :hug:
(I've not done a comp yet, but definitely will in the future!)

yeah its the experience i want, obv 2 win would be fb but dont think that will happen but can def learn from it x

I entered a year ago didn't win but really enjoyed the experience and learnt slot about criticising my own work , a thing I struggled with is the tables were very wide so could have done with a couple of cusions to bump my model and I up abit ! So be prepared take plenty of product as I also spilt my powder Doh!! I went a bit gaga when I got there !! But loved it !! :)

Competition nails are way different from salon nails though!

I would advise doing some competition training with your distributor/educator or reading up on what is expected for competition nails.
Then go for it !!
If nothing else the experience will be great and you do get feedback which will help you improve for the next competition.
Good Luck!!

Go for it, but be prepared.

Comp floors can be stressful places so make sure you have plenty of time to practice, a good model, read the rules fully and don't take it personally if you don't win, if you win or place be proud, take the feedback on the scoresheets and use it to place higher next time.

But above all try and enjoy it!! There's great camaradary amongst the competitors and good friendships can be made and advice from more experienced competitors is always available.

Latest posts

Back