Should I get a perm?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kizzycat

Reaction score
Hi there
About 5 years ago I lost a load of weight and decided to get my always long straight hair chopped off into a short bob and dyed it really dark chocolate brown and red, which I loved. However it has now grown back and I quite like wearing it in its naturally curled state as in the pictures, but it seems to drop as the day goes on and starts to get on my nerves. If it could stay like it is in the pic it would be fine. I am debating on whether to get a perm so that it looks a bit more of a defined big curl rather than a "haven't took a brush through it" look. Last time I had a perm I was 16 and things have moved on since then. Is there such a perm that will give me the look I would like to achieve. I am also thinking of moving away from the red and going for highlights. What do you think? do you think I should have a fringe cut in to stop the "curtain" look? What products should I be using in it to keep its style? No good having to curl it either because I am absolutely useless with a curling iron lol

Attachments

• IMG_7221.jpg
    IMG_7221.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 225
  • me (2).jpg
    me (2).jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 256
  • me.jpg
    me.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 220
Honestly, you look much better with a bob. It really suits you, more than long hair. That's just my opinion though :)

I would go for a consultation with your hairdresser and they can sit down and go through some looks and ideas which would suit you.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
A sleek bob suits you so much better x

I like the bob & love the red/brown.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Have to agree that the bob looks classier on you than mid length long hair. ;-)

I am not a hair stylist - just being nosey!! The bob suits you sooooo much !! I'd say get it all cut off again and start straightening! X

Honestly. You look ten years younger with a bob. Get it chopped x

Bob!! 😉

Latest posts

Back