Should I go to the police?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kittikit

Reaction score
A client of mine had a spray tan 3 days ago and she only had £10 on her - total would have been £24.
She asked to pop home for the remaining £14 and she left her driving licence at the reception.
We called her later as she never showed, we texted that we are closing at 8.30pm.
Next day we called again, we texted and left voicemail. We have her sister number in our database - so we called her too - no answer either. We texted too.
Its been 3 days now. She never got back to us.
What do you think i can do?
Nothing?

Thanks x

A client of mine had a spray tan 3 days ago and she only had £10 on her - total would have been £24.

She asked to pop home for the remaining £14 and she left her driving licence at the reception.

We called her later as she never showed, we texted that we are closing at 8.30pm.

Next day we called again, we texted and left voicemail. We have her sister number in our database - so we called her too - no answer either. We texted too.

Its been 3 days now. She never got back to us.

What do you think i can do?

Nothing?

Thanks x

I don't think the police will really get involved and £14 isn't a lot in the scheme of things it could of been a lot more, although it will cost her more to pay for a replacement licence. I would put it down too experience and know not to book her again or anything she books she pays up front for.

This would come down to civil recovery as she HAs offered some sort of payment instead of not paying at all ( known as a "bilking " )

Hope this helps x

This would come down to civil recovery as she HAs offered some sort of payment instead of not paying at all ( known as a "bilking " )

Hope this helps x

That is really interesting, I assumed the police would be my only option if something like this happened.
:)
but I definatly think that the possible loss of clients would not even be worth civil recovery. I would be so miffed if I had been a client who just forgot or has had issues coming down but was definately intending to pay. Leaving a car licence also shows a great degree of trust (unless it was a provisional).

I would therefore email and leave a message once only as it could be seen as harassment if continual, not re-book the client until she has paid and just hope she gives the rest of the money.Good luck.

That's unusual, for someone to leave a licence and then not return! As has been said, replacement licences cost a lot more than £14! I would chalk it up to experience, never book her again and see if she returns for her license. It's a small amount to pursue in a court and the police won't be interested.

Maybe an emergency happened and she just hasn't had chance to come back yet? Or she left it longer than she thought and is now embarrassed. Can you not go to the address on the licence to "drop it off" and mention you will pick your money up?

Its a provisional licence unfortunately.

I am just very surprised - leaving your id any sort and never return.
i thought about something may have just come up and thats why she could not get back to us but not even her sister?
Never mind then, next time ill know not to let them leave without paying (or leaving their full licence :D )

thanks all!

Hi there,
sorry to say, but this did make me smile.....i could just imagine the scene, a high speed chase, men in uniform........,

"Arrest that woman.......,the one with the tan...." :lol:

It really would not surprise me if she turns up to pay and get her id back. She may be using you as a pawn broker 😕. Let us know

Put it down to experience, anything could have happened, I certainly wouldn't be going to the police over £14!!! 😂

Sent from my D6503 using SalonGeek mobile app

What is it with people getting treatments and not paying for them?

I would be MORTIFIED to do that, I mean like we all check we have our money and cards with us before we go?

There still could be a chance she will come back and pay after 3 days. One client didn't have money on her the other week and I said to pay when she's next passing. I knew she was honest and would pay. A few days went by and Id forgot all about it then the week after she came in and paid and said she wanted to make sure she give it directly to me so I knew she had paid and that's why she hadn't left it earlier.

Once I had a client who didn't pay for her 2 daughters hair ups and was ment to be coming back but didn't. A few weeks later she came in to use her sunbed course which she had. So I told her she couldn't use it till the hair was paid for. She said I will pay in a few days. I said well you can use your course in a few days. She hasn't been back since. I didn't ring the police cos thy won't do anything. I was just glad I had a reason to ban her because she used to bring her kids in all the time and They were really awful. I would have to watch everything they did as they would trash the place and steal things.

One time I did ring the police though as a customer wanted her money back for a set of nails she had had on for 4 weeks. And because I said she couldn't have her money back or a free set her and her boyfriend came making threats. The police turned up and said to me just give her her money back. I said no. They came back again the next day making threats again and I ended up having to give the money back. Had no support from the police what so ever.

I had a lady quite recently book a colour she was told on the phone it'll be "from £40 but the price will be more accurate on consultation". She came in later that day had a consultation and told £70. She had the colour done, got to till and got out £17!! She reckoned she had no more money on her and no cards. She was foreign and said she couldn't get any more money either. She started kicking off at the desk and salon was busy, Didn't no what else to do so let her go paying her £17. Was so annoyed.

I know several people with a couple of licenses.

They'd lost it applied for new ones then refound the original.

It costs £20 to get a new licence issued if you've had yours lost or stolen.

It will cost them more in wages to hunt out your £14 lol

RED STAR you make me LOL

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

No need to panic it's only £14 Nf it will cost more then that for a replacement drivers licence she will probably come back for it.

It's probably not even the point that £14 has been lost in this matter, it's the principle and I think that over rides everything.
What the hell is wrong with people nowadays?! I would never dream of doing anything like that, it's just rude and really grinds my gears!!!!
I hope she comes back to pay or at least a decent excuse! X

Ha ha I was thinking your phoning the police because your worried about her whereabouts 😱 xx

Why don't you send the client an invoice with the amount owed, with a date for it to be paid by. State that if this isn't paid by x date then you will be contacting the police? X

Latest posts

Back