Should I invest in Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

123stephy_b

Reaction score
Hi geeks I need some advice.

I use shellac and a lot of my clients love shellac and there are a few who don't as they prefer the benefits from a soak off gel I.e longer lasting wear, strength etc.

I've been looking into the brisa lite smoothing gel and I wondered how it compared to the other gels on the market?

Does it actually give the added strength and wear to a shellac application and if I buy it will my clients stop moaning about there chipped nails after 2 weeks! You try and educate your clients about power polishes but everything's a 'gel' to them!

When doing a brisa lite and shellac application on myself will I noticeably feel the difference on my nails as you do when wearing gels or does it still feel like shellac by itself?

Sorry if this has been posted before i have been through old posts but cannot find what I'm looking for.

Wanted to ask for your opinions before I impulse buy!

Thanks in advance :)

Hi...I deleted your last thread by the way, I think you hit send before you meant to,lol :wink2:

Anyway...Yes yes and Yes !

Brisa Lite will and more strength and longer wear to your Shellac services.

I definitely feel a difference when I wear Brisa Lite smoothing gel than just Shellac on its own.

It's not an impulse buy but a must buy if you do Shellac.

Hi...I deleted your last thread by the way, I think you hit send before you meant to,lol :wink2:

Anyway...Yes yes and Yes !

Brisa Lite will and more strength and longer wear to your Shellac services.

I definitely feel a difference when I wear Brisa Lite smoothing gel than just Shellac on its own.

It's not an impulse buy but a must buy if you do Shellac.

I totally agree with Izzidoll.

Yes. That is all. 😉

I would definitely invest. I find it adds strength and longevity to my clients shellac service plus I wear it on my nails by itself. Gives a beautiful natural look with that amazing glassy effect x

Ahhhh I'm so excited for Monday now to order! Gutted I only posted this thread on a Friday night and now have to wait until Monday! This is gonna be the longest weekend ever haha xx

Thanks so much for your advice.. Please if you have anything to add keep it coming I'm so excited my face is like this :D

Like you I wasn't sure, I thought 'what was the point', but having tried it now on two clients who both suffer splits down the centres of their nails and other clients with deep ridges, I can honestly say it works. All clients that I've tried it on are thrilled and it looks great on its own or under Shellac.

I will definitely be getting more and i added it to my treatment menu about 3 weeks ago. xx

Thanks so much for your advice girls! I want the suclpting gel now aswell lol!! X

Smoothing gel is the Bomb!
I use it on most of my ladies now as it gives extra strength and durability, which they like especially when they like to wear their nails a little bit longer.

Keep the layer thin though to avoid bulky looking nails

This is a set of shellac with smoothing underneath and Shellac applies beautifully over the top.

I love it
x

Attachments

• whitey 036-001.jpg
    whitey 036-001.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 1,085
Last edited:
Thank you they look amazing xx

I want to add, I've been wearing enhancements l&p or hard gel for 20 odd years and now for the first time I have natural nails with brisa lite soothing and shellac, I never thought I'd leave my enhancements but best thing I did and that's because of brisa lte smoothing giving the extra strength.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 289
Can I please ask, do you use it under base coat and do you cure and then continue with shellac as normal. I'm thinking of giving it a whirl. Thanks x

I got some the other day too...I was a little worried that I'd wasted my money as what could be the big difference?? But it's fab...feels so much stronger and smoother! A must for clients who's shellac chips! I'm on maternity at the moment but can't wait to get using this on my clients!!not sure what to charge for it though :/

Can I please ask, do you use it under base coat and do you cure and then continue with shellac as normal. I'm thinking of giving it a whirl. Thanks x

Brisa Lite base coat, cure for 10 seconds. Thin layer of Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel, cure for 2 minutes. Then Shellac as normal and finish with Shellac topcoat.

No, Brisa Lite Smoothing has its own basecoat. Use the BL basecoat, cure, then apply BL Smoothing, cure, then Shellac colourx2, then use Shellac topcoat.

If using BL Smoothing on its own (which I do a lot) then apply the BL topcoat.

When initially purchasing BL Smoothing its best to buy the kit that comes with the base and top coats and a brush.

I got some the other day too...I was a little worried that I'd wasted my money as what could be the big difference?? But it's fab...feels so much stronger and smoother! A must for clients who's shellac chips! I'm on maternity at the moment but can't wait to get using this on my clients!!not sure what to charge for it though :/

I charge an extra £5 on my top of my Shellac service charge when using it with Shellac. This is what was suggested by my EA.

Great post......Have just ordered the starter pack. Stronger and more beautiful nails here we come! :)

Great thank you x

I wanted to do the course as soon as it was available as I had one client in particular who wasn't even getting her shellac to last 10 days. She now has her nails done once a month thanks to BL smoothing gel underneath her shellac. X ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376735270.818774.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376735232.637131.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376735232.637131.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 357
That's just what I'm looking for Annie ree! Especially as some clients just don't understand the difference between power polish and gel they all assume it's gel when it's not.

One of my clients just isn't getting on with shellac as she needs the longer lasting wear that gel gives and that's the main reason I'm getting it to not loose her as a client but i think it's going to boost clientele also once they see how amazing it is xx I just can't wait xx

Latest posts

Back