Should I re-brand?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ammej85

Reaction score
Ok so just been to visit my little room again, above a hair salon. I was doing mobile and was called 'The Beauty Takeaway' and went with a kind of 'get your beauty fix delivered' theme.

Now im about to take on a room and want to restrict the mobile side as much as poss as i am going to try and build up within a salon environment.

Do you think this is the perfect oppurtunity to re-brand myself?

It would mean re doing my business cards & price list (which isn't much of a pain as its free - thanks Vistaprint!) and also updating the website.

Any advice on this from people who have switched from mobile to salon? Or ideas towards it in general? I have a week or 2 before I'll be starting so have time (just)! The only other thing i will need is to buy a new domain

If I were you I would rebrand, your busines name was perfect for Mobile but not so much now you are in a Salon.

Ok after much playing around with words and names and translations I'm thinking of la Luna Beauty Room, which roughly translates from Italian to The Moon Beauty Room.

I'm 1/4 Italian and also the moon is part of a private thing with my other half so it's a name that is personal to me, and i checked that list of registered companies and the closest is Laluna Nails & Beauty.

Again when googling most things appearing are Italian, and when putting Nottingham in with La Luna Beauty there is a Luna Hair & Beauty.

Any feedback on this would be appreciated x

Hi I would piggy back on your existing business, kind of why settle for a take away treat your self to a meal out instead, sell the benefits of a salon v house(kids, mess, disturbances v pamper, escape and treat) just buy a new domain and point to your website, it keeps it in the listings and keeps your existing traffic. People will follow you so make the new name easy for them to know it's you now too. For your home clients maybe offer an incentive or voucher to get them in salon, once they are there I bet they rebook.
We rebranded last year and I held a competiton for my customers to name the salon, revealed it on opening night, they loved it! Hope that helps

Deffo keep your mobile name. Its established and recognised. For the salon tho, i would have a new name and run it as a 'sister company'.

Not sure on laws and legality around this as its not my strong point, but it would be a shame to rebrand an existing business and have to change everything

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Hi all, thanks for your replies!

Well i wasn't really established as I only set up in July so literally still starting from scratch (only had literally a few people and they said they never go to salons, hence the mobile)

I'm going to sleep on it but think i will end up renaming, if i had been established ie had a larger client based that rebooked then would stick with it but as only just started and it wont make much difference....

Oh decisions decisions! x

Latest posts

Back