Should I train in liquid and powder?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danni007

Reaction score
I have been offered the chance to do L and P training (with CND). I really want to do it but from a business point of view does it make sense? I just wondered if those of you who are trained in it get much call for it? I don't have a huge client base at the moment so I'm wondering if I can add l and p to my treatment menu would it extend my client base?

You need to get known for doing L&P enhancements ... There is huge call for it, but not if you don't do it. Anything you add to your menu will add eventually to your client base.

We still do more L&P than any other service in the salon because we are known for it and we weren't as silly as so many have been, to change every client over to Shellac just because we had taken it on as a new system in the salon!!

There are plenty of women who need their enhancements! NEED them ... We are prescriptive and do what the client needs!

Those who only offer a UV polish are not going to get asked much for enhancements because they are not nail technicians ... But eventually whenever they do they will be turning people away to other salons because they can't do it.

So if you have the chance then go for it .... It's the best fun in the world to an artist. Then market it and offer it to the people for whom it is suitable ... Not all your Shellac clients! Build that new clientele you want and don't steal clients from the ones you already have.

Last edited:
I'm with Geeg! I'm about to train in CND Shellac but for the last eight months all I've done is L&P I've never once been asked for a "normal" manicure with polish since I qualified!
All the ladies I've had enquiring about Shellac have all been asking if they can have it over their enhancements! So double win for me there really!
I think go for it, as soon as I've got the money I'm going to convert my l&p to CND and do the conversion course :) you've got a fab opportunity so grab it with both hands! You'll never look back x

I also agree!

I was all for "natural nails" but I had lots of enquiries for enhancements and how can you run a successful business when you're turning half of your potential clients away?

So I trained on CND Enhance and am about 10 days away from rebalance day - super exciting to have gained new skills which is always very empowering :)

xx

I do quite a few l and p clients and they all have been coming regularly for years so I would do it! There are a lot of women out there that need enhancements like Geeg said.

I always shied away from l + p, purely because I thought the smell of the monomer would give me a headache, so I trained in gels...then I decided to bite the bullet and do the CND l+p conversion course.
Although, due to a change of job, I haven't had much chance to advertise the fact that I now do them..I have put 3 sets on friends and loads of practice on tips and I've found that a) The smell doesn't bother or affect me at all and b).. I LOVE doing l+p! Much more fun than gel!!
and now....Im thinking of doing the Brisa gel conversion course, to make me more CND than is good for me...hahahahah! :)
So... my advice is go for it..the kit you get is awesome and the training is very good too..win/win situation really.....

Stupid question- what is l&p nails? Is it the same acryil?

All nail enhancements are acrylic so distinguishing between the systems by calling what you do by the correct name, helps .... Allot.

l &P = liquid and Powder
Pre mixed = gels (hard gels and soft gels, buff-off and soak-off)
UV cured Colour coats include all thin gels and Shellac which is not a gel
Wraps include silk and fibreglass for enhancements

Thank you for all your advice, I'd say that it's a unanimous yes. I will be phoning up sweet squared on Monday to book my place. Wish me luck! X

Latest posts

Back