Should we keep the shower?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gelly

Reaction score
Hi
Just a quickie. :green:

I am about to take over the lease on a commercial property.. was previously a salon.
In one of the treatment rooms is a HUGE shower.
I was thinking of taking it out as it takes away such a large part of the room.

We will be offering body treatments... My colleague plans to train with Universal Contour Wrap and she is likely to look into offering other body treatments too.

Do you think she will need the shower?
Those of you that have a shower, do you actually use it?

If you really think we should keep a shower, then I will look at getting a smaller one.
If not, then I will get rid of it.

Thanks xxx :hug:

Even when I've worked where there were showers I personally have always removed body masks with hot towels, mitts & sponges. I find the shower often interupts the flow of the treatment (i.e. the client has to get up, shower off & then get back on the couch) & once they get in that shower you have little control over how long they're in it (some never want to get out of the blasted thing!). They're also a pain to keep clean & hygienic, so I'd say get rid of it!

We have a shower, but hardly use it. I would use the space for something else. I suppose it depends on the body treatments you are planning to do. Universal Contour Wrap does not need to be showered off and our other body wraps (gel and clay formulas) and scubs etc are hot towelled off (adding essential oils) from towels out the cabbi. Think it makes it a better treatment.

I was actually going to try to take the shower away to make a toilet, and use the toliet (which is quite big) for another treatment room. Not quite big enough for a treatment room, but maybe nails, ucw, make up, tanning or Power plate type thing. I feel this would generate much more income than having the shower.

Hope this helps.

xx

Thanks guys xx
That is exactly the type of input I was hoping for :hug:

I dont know how helpful this is but when i was on holiday i got a treatment done it was a mask and exfoliator and something else i needed to shower off, all in all i was in the shower 3 times. i felt like i was getting all relaxed and zzzzz and then it was...right into the shower!!!! the woman was mexican so i didn't know if i was to wear the paper pants in the shower so i kept them on and they were wet and then i didnt know if i would get a change of pants, felt a bit self concious walking about in the room naked too!!! just felt a bit daft and not so relaxing and the language problem was ...a problem. lol. so what i am trying to say as as a client i would have prefered just to have stayed on the bed for all the aforementioned reasons. :) xx

Do you do spray tanning? There was a thread on here about the advantage of using a shower for spray tanning, easier for the extractor, hygiene, etc, so maybe the answer is to have a smaller one?
Good luck with it all hun I hope it all goes smoothly for you:hug:

Latest posts

Back