Show me your Magpie tiara nails please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louise2019

Reaction score
Hi. Recently bought this but I've only got megamix top coat. Not as chrome as I would like. Please can you show me your results and what exact products you used please X

I tried mine for the first time this evening and tried it over black and a red and I didn't think it looked like I've seen online either [emoji15]

It has good reviews so there must be a way...

i used black gelish, elite99 no wipe top coat, 2 coats of tiara, no wipe top coat inbetween then 2 coats of gelish top it off top coat and lasted 2 weeks, a slight bit of wear on the ends so i was pleased with that

Attachments

• 2016-08-07 04.16.03.jpg
    2016-08-07 04.16.03.jpg
    373.6 KB · Views: 258
I
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1470560946.721443.jpg
I used shellac tropix,no wipe top coat, 1 coat of tiara, and then 2 coats of my normal shellac top coat :)

Gorgeous ladies. See it can be done lol! I have glitter everywhere. All over my fingers. It literally flys out of the pot when you open it with the static!
I'll have to buy proper gel polish. I only ever trained in gel and acrylic nails so new to it. Here's my set. As you can see a bit messy. Not happy with them and want to remove it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    543.7 KB · Views: 104
They look good Hun, what are people's prices for the magpie ?

They have more of a glitter effect rather than chrome though. I don't charge as I still need practice! Trained (badly) 3 years ago and only getting back into it. I've given up gel though as I prefare acrylic.

Gorgeous ladies. See it can be done lol! I have glitter everywhere. All over my fingers. It literally flys out of the pot when you open it with the static!
I'll have to buy proper gel polish. I only ever trained in gel and acrylic nails so new to it. Here's my set. As you can see a bit messy. Not happy with them and want to remove it.

I suspect you didnt wipe off the sticky layer, as thats the glitter effect you get when you don't. If you wipe off the sticky layer or use no-wipe topcoat and rub it in, it will shine.

Havenyou watched SarahR's video on YouTube, she shows how to in easy steps

I have some magpie tiara but use the shellac system which doesn't have a no wipe top coat, could I use their top coat and wipe the tacky layer?

I have some magpie tiara but use the shellac system which doesn't have a no wipe top coat, could I use their top coat and wipe the tacky layer?

Yes, make sure you DRY wipe...no d:sperse, IPA, acetone, etc. Just a lint free wipe, if it leaves bits of fluff then its not a lint free pad. Try kitchen roll if you don't have lint free pads

I suspect you didnt wipe off the sticky layer, as thats the glitter effect you get when you don't. If you wipe off the sticky layer or use no-wipe topcoat and rub it in, it will shine.

Havenyou watched SarahR's video on YouTube, she shows how to in easy steps

I used regular pink nail polish, topped it with megamix top coat, removed tacky layer (with cleanse) then applied tiara then topcoat again. It's not mirror like but I quess I need to invest in some proper gel polishes. I don't have any.

I'm planning on filming a tutorial for these nails so I'll let you know as soon as its up [emoji5]️

Brilliant please let us know. X

Here you are lovelies - as requested :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1470827593.771817.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1470827619.681618.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1470827640.343546.jpg

Got my magpie tiara today and fell in love X

Latest posts

Back