Show us your artistic Flair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
262xhc5.jpg

ekjcp3.jpg

Really? You just did these when? Because not only can I provide the original files from when these pictures were taken (by me, with my camera) but I can name the clients I did these nails on.

Look... I don't mind being copied, but copy the design on your own clients and post the pics of the work you did. Don't blatantly lift images off of someone else's site and try to pass them off as your own.

Maggie Franklin

Really? You just did these when? Because not only can I provide the original files from when these pictures were taken (by me, with my camera) but I can name the clients I did these nails on.

Look... I don't mind being copied, but copy the design on your own clients and post the pics of the work you did. Don't blatantly lift images off of someone else's site and try to pass them off as your own.

Maggie Franklin

Woah, that is really serious, I can't believe someone would copy your work!!! :eek:

IMO...and having spoke to Onykophile via pm....maggie is Onykophile and here is a write up about her... Maggie Franklin - Nail Care & Manicures - Spas - Style - AllExperts.com

jam806 says on her profile that she is a student.

Hi everyone in Geek-land. My name is Maggie. Maggie Franklin. I am a 38-year-old woman living and working in Visalia California. I have been doing nails full time since becoming licensed in October of 1992.

I am an active member of the nailtech mailing list at Beautytech.com and a regular visitor to the message boards also at Beautytech.com.

My name and image have appeared numerous times in both Nails and Nailpro magazines, and I have just recently been asked to keep a blog for Nails Magazine online. (Maggie Rants [and Raves] : a Nails Magazine's Blog)

I have two websites: Maggie and Maggie and Mom (which remains a work in progress) Although "artofnailz" dot anything AND "nailsbymaggie" dot anything will take you to the same site. (a girl can never own too many URLs.)

I am a volunteer expert on the subject of nails at allexperts.com.

I also have a Myspace page at MySpace.com - Art of Nailz by Maggie - 38 - Female - VISALIA, California - www.myspace.com/nailsbymaggie

I received a message via my Myspace profile yesterday that my photos had shown up here being claimed by someone who isn't me. For which I'm quite grateful.

I've lurked around the Geek forums on and off for a long time, but I can only keep up with so many sites and Beautytech got me first.

It absolutely pains me that my first post here had to be in response to blatant plagerism of my work. It is also quite sad that my introduction to so many of you will forever be tainted by this issue.

I'm not used to the Geek site... still trying to figure out how it all works, but I am trying to work with the moderator to see how to resolve the issue.

As for Jam806: Your name may be Maggie. I don't know. But having the same name does not make you the same person. Don't ever get confused on that. I don't know why you would want to assume my identitiy, but as long as you're at it, would you like to take my credit score too? Cuz I sure as hell could use a better one.

I can vouch that this is the real Maggie! The one that actually did those nails that the pic was stolen. She and I have been on beautytech.com together for many years! In fact, I have copied the zebra design she did on several of my clients and it went over huge with them! She is as far from training as it gets! Maggie is an extremely talented and sharing nail professional. All you have to do is ask and she will help you any way she can!

Go to her sites and check out her work! You will be amazed!

Mare Horak
Nails by Mare
Educator for Care Beauty

Hi everyone in Geek-land. My name is Maggie. Maggie Franklin. I am a 38-year-old woman living and working in Visalia California. I have been doing nails full time since becoming licensed in October of 1992.

I am an active member of the nailtech mailing list at Beautytech.com and a regular visitor to the message boards also at Beautytech.com.

My name and image have appeared numerous times in both Nails and Nailpro magazines, and I have just recently been asked to keep a blog for Nails Magazine online. (Maggie Rants [and Raves] : a Nails Magazine's Blog)

I have two websites: Maggie and Maggie and Mom (which remains a work in progress) Although "artofnailz" dot anything AND "nailsbymaggie" dot anything will take you to the same site. (a girl can never own too many URLs.)

I am a volunteer expert on the subject of nails at allexperts.com.

I also have a Myspace page at MySpace.com - Art of Nailz by Maggie - 38 - Female - VISALIA, California - www.myspace.com/nailsbymaggie

I received a message via my Myspace profile yesterday that my photos had shown up here being claimed by someone who isn't me. For which I'm quite grateful.

I've lurked around the Geek forums on and off for a long time, but I can only keep up with so many sites and Beautytech got me first.

It absolutely pains me that my first post here had to be in response to blatant plagerism of my work. It is also quite sad that my introduction to so many of you will forever be tainted by this issue.

I'm not used to the Geek site... still trying to figure out how it all works, but I am trying to work with the moderator to see how to resolve the issue.

As for Jam806: Your name may be Maggie. I don't know. But having the same name does not make you the same person. Don't ever get confused on that. I don't know why you would want to assume my identitiy, but as long as you're at it, would you like to take my credit score too? Cuz I sure as hell could use a better one.

Wow...it's amazing what some people will do. onykophile is the "real Maggie".

jam806, do your OWN work and post it.

I think its pretty obvious that jam806 lifted those pics straight off of Maggies site. Pretty lame if you ask me. Thanks for giving us a heads up about the problem we currently discussing appropriate steps to take.

Back to topic :)

I have just look at the link tracey and maggies nails are amazing and beautiful. xx

I'm pretty sure the ones you're talking about are done with a black acrylic tip (Tammy Taylor prisma acrylic) and the tiger stipes are just painted with acrylic craft paint.

http://artofnails.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/kelseym-multi-zebra-2.jpg

MySpace.com - Art of Nailz by Maggie - 38 - Female - VISALIA, California - www.myspace.com/nailsbymaggie maggie your nails are gorgeous.can i ask what you used to do your multi coloured tiger stripes? did you use gels for the stripes or nail varnish? thanks.xx

Still practicing on my roses, this time on myself.. lol :o

picture.php

heres something for halloween, tutorial is now on my blogspot.
ST831496.jpg

oo love those halloween nails! Pity we dont really celebrate it here in oz, or i would get some nail art done.

wicked susan, love them

There not nails but a 3d sculpture made after doing a class with Catherine Wong. The whole thing is constucted from acrylic and decoratd with Nfu Oh coloured powders, she's a work in progress and not yet finished

.. and moving on.. lets see more.. just looking through this thread gives me so much inspiration!.. im so happy that this thread is still alive! If anyone has anything they want to share keep em coming..

Latest posts

Back