Show us your Business Card design

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikinkibabyx

Reaction score
Hi All!

Can't find the original thread I was looking for so thought I would start a new one !

I've redesigned my business card - the first ones didn't print well and was waiting qualifying in tanning and eye enhancements before redesigning so now I've completed and want people's opinions and to see everyone else's business cards.

Here's my old and new ones..

You haven't added a pic lol x

You haven't added a pic lol x

Haha I know !

I realised I didn't have the pic on my phone and have come on the laptop to post it xx

Is this the front or the back xx

Here are the front and back of my old cards ..

Attachments

• BCFIN.jpg
    BCFIN.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 670
  • BACKFIN.jpg
    BACKFIN.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 609
Here are my new business cards front and back :)

Any opinions would be great :biggrin:

Attachments

• FRONTFINAL.jpg
    FRONTFINAL.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 641
  • BACKFINAL.jpg
    BACKFINAL.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 587

I prefure the new ones really nice :) look more clear as the other ones look to bright and not very clear but may be its just the pic. I haven't got any cos I work in a salon x

The new ones are a lot easier to read and the colour seems to be a lot brighter. Nice design to.

Loving the examples that have been posted too, making me think i might have to re-design mine as they are plain pink with white writing. xx

Looks nice :)

Bit heavy on the Scriptina though in my opinion. Would be nice to see a contrast in fonts, which then should make it easier to read.

With the fairly heavy gradient and a lot of swirly text, it might get hard to read at small sizes.

Looks nice :)

Bit heavy on the Scriptina though in my opinion. Would be nice to see a contrast in fonts, which then should make it easier to read.

With the fairly heavy gradient and a lot of swirly text, it might get hard to read at small sizes.

I originally had the bottom line of text on the front( extensions, tanning and lashes) in Edwardian Script so it was still a script but not the same and it wasn't as effective, that's why I made it all scriptina on the front x

I did think that having it a different font would make the company name stand out more but just can't find the right font to make it work :-s .. Tried arial, Edwardian, and a few more but just didn't look right ?

Can you suggest one ?xx

Try 'Comforta' as a secondary font. May need to download it. If you need them printed you know where to come :)

I did think that having it a different font would make the company name stand out more but just can't find the right font to make it work :-s .. Tried arial, Edwardian, and a few more but just didn't look right ?

Can you suggest one ?xx

Generally I'd use a contrasting font. So if you've got a really scripty font for the name, use a san serif font (i.e. a non-fancy one) for the tagline or contact info. Just keeps it easier to read, and interesting to look at.

Also, people need to know that not all fonts are free! You can't just download any font you want and use it. The font's that are "free" on the web- often aren't.

You need to find fully licenced fonts and keep the licence in a file on your PC. I end up having to pay for many of the ones I use!

...and while we're getting technical! You need to make sure that the "hair" graphic you've used is either 300dpi or a vector or else it won't work in print. It'll look fine on your screen, but won't print properly. Same with your social media icons.

This is a current pain in the backside for me. I need cards doing so badly, but liked the idea of having folded ones so that I could have my prices inside and a loyalty card on the back. I had a play on Vistaprint and was able to recreate what I wanted and the price is very tempting, but something is stopping me hitting the buy button.

I really want mine doing by Carl, but I am worried that I don't have the creative ability to put forward design ideas to have my ultimate cards! I also will find it hard to find the money for the printing costs. But I know that I need to say who is going to print them in order for them to be designed. I'm having a crisis! :lol:

This is a current pain in the backside for me. I need cards doing so badly, but liked the idea of having folded ones so that I could have my prices inside and a loyalty card on the back. I had a play on Vistaprint and was able to recreate what I wanted and the price is very tempting, but something is stopping me hitting the buy button.

I really want mine doing by Carl, but I am worried that I don't have the creative ability to put forward design ideas to have my ultimate cards! I also will find it hard to find the money for the printing costs. But I know that I need to say who is going to print them in order for them to be designed. I'm having a crisis! :lol:

Trust me Hun, go with Carl! I gave him a vague idea and he came up absolute trumps! No point in wasting valuable time and struggling with ideas! I will try and put a photo up if I get a chance to go on my laptop. Xx

Generally I'd use a contrasting font. So if you've got a really scripty font for the name, use a san serif font (i.e. a non-fancy one) for the tagline or contact info. Just keeps it easier to read, and interesting to look at.

Also, people need to know that not all fonts are free! You can't just download any font you want and use it. The font's that are "free" on the web- often aren't.

You need to find fully licenced fonts and keep the licence in a file on your PC. I end up having to pay for many of the ones I use!

...and while we're getting technical! You need to make sure that the "hair" graphic you've used is either 300dpi or a vector or else it won't work in print. It'll look fine on your screen, but won't print properly. Same with your social media icons.

The hair logo is a simple vector I edited a bit myself.

I was thinking Helvetica for simplicity but I'm not paying for it so tried the lesser version of arial but just didn't look right.

Is there any font you could suggest Carl ? X

Where did you get the vector from - out of curiosity?

You might want to try Geosanslight or Aftasans- they're quite nice modern ones.

I had a go trying to design my own business cards but they just didn't look professional enough. I contacted Carl from Verve Designs and he designed one for me and my logo and other things since. I think it was £20 very well spent and a good investment I to my business image x

http://www.facebook.com/SOJOgraphics?ref=ts&fref=ts
This girl is amazing! She makes logos perfect for company's. makes Facebook accounts look pro!
Buissiness cards! Really worth it!
Will try and add a photo of my Facebook page wallpaper she did?

Not the profile the nail karma righting she made for me.

http://www.facebook.com/NailKarma

And she made it amazing quality so I could print banners! Massive once.

Love all the cards people are showing!
Karma and love holly

Latest posts

Back