Show us your Business Card design

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where did you get the vector from - out of curiosity?

You might want to try Geosanslight or Aftasans- they're quite nice modern ones.

I can't actually remember tbh? I'm sure it was freevectordownloads.com or allfreedownloads I think?
Xx

Carl, when I studied Graphic Design I got most of my fonts off of dafont.com - is this allowed ?

I'm on the site just now and quite like ' a gentle touch ' and a few others but they say free - for personal use ?xx

Carl, when I studied Graphic Design I got most of my fonts off of dafont.com - is this allowed ?

I'm on the site just now and quite like ' a gentle touch ' and a few others but they say free - for personal use ?xx

I have just looked at the licensing for this font for you and you need to purchase a license from the creator. Looks to be $15.00.

Link here - ByTheButterfly.com

It is in the .TXT file that says read me when you download it. Also her contact e-mail is there if need it.

I can't actually remember tbh? I'm sure it was freevectordownloads.com or allfreedownloads I think?
Xx

freevectordownloads.com is a bit of a pirate site I'm afraid. You can assume any vectors on there aren't usable.

These days I wouldn't use any vector you've not paid for or drawn yourself (even if you've paid for it you need to look at the T&C's- many micro stock sites don't allow you to use stock vectors as part of a logo.)

If it were me? I wouldn't use anything off there. 99% of the vectors are stolen from the likes of Shutterstock.

Is this it? Silhouette Of A Girl In Profile With Long Hair Stock Vector 62256739 : Shutterstock

You wouldn't be the first person to assume its free though, it's got "Free" ALL over the site. But it's not at all once you look at the terms and conditions. Those types of sites are scams- and they're making perfectly innocent people break the law.

"personal use" on fonts doesn't cover you for commercial use such as on a business logo. It usually means on college assignments, or presentations etc. You need to find the ones that are totally free (and you need to get the license on a document in writing).

Last edited:
You's are so helpful ! I really enjoy designing it and don't have the money to pay someone to do it so its good to have a bit of help on what I can and can't use!

Banner: Turns out that one doesn't look so good with the scriptina anyway so will stick to the free only ones :)

Carl: its pretty similar yeah but alot more simplified .. I really wish I could remember where I got it now coz I love the image but don't want to have a copyright lawsuit against me at any point !! Lol

Xx

You's are so helpful ! I really enjoy designing it and don't have the money to pay someone to do it so its good to have a bit of help on what I can and can't use!

Banner: Turns out that one doesn't look so good with the scriptina anyway so will stick to the free only ones :)

Carl: its pretty similar yeah but alot more simplified .. I really wish I could remember where I got it now coz I love the image but don't want to have a copyright lawsuit against me at any point !! Lol

Xx

No worries :)

Rule of thumb I stick to these days is (as I said before) if you've bought it (within the T&C's) or drawn it yourself (and that literally means from scratch) you can use it....otherwise, don't touch it with a bargepole!

Visa print is good, but when you go to pay the offer you loads of extras! Its annoying to rush if your in a rush doing a repeat order

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372874970.483139.jpg this is mine :)

This is mine :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372887859.562179.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372887859.562179.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 444
No worries :)

Rule of thumb I stick to these days is (as I said before) if you've bought it (within the T&C's) or drawn it yourself (and that literally means from scratch) you can use it....otherwise, don't touch it with a bargepole!

The black one is my new one ... And the blue one is the vector I used originally x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372933246.650088.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372933246.650088.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 372
This is mine. I designed it then uploaded the whole thing as a picture (jpeg) to vistaprint.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372949369.103443.jpg

Re-draw it did you? Looks fine to me.

Yeah I did basically copy the other one but just created it myself and didn't make it exactly like it x

Yeah I did basically copy the other one but just created it myself and didn't make it exactly like it x

Should be fine. For all illustrative purposes you created it from scratch ;)

Here's mine, designed by the ever-talented Carl :)

Attachments

• Gelicious-CARD-FRONT.jpg
    Gelicious-CARD-FRONT.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 440
  • Gelicious-CARD-BACK3.jpg
    Gelicious-CARD-BACK3.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 439
I had a go trying to design my own business cards but they just didn't look professional enough. I contacted Carl from Verve Designs and he designed one for me and my logo and other things since. I think it was £20 very well spent and a good investment I to my business image x

Who is Carl? And how do I contact him?
X

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

These are mine :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373225271.727171.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373225271.727171.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 399
Carl & Banner ( sorry don't know your name ) could you give me opinions on the new look? Thanks, nic x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373647087.331542.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373647087.331542.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 276

Latest posts

Back