Show us your lashes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful!

Last edited:
I have just completed my training with lashes & bought the marvel lash student kit just to practice with until I'm confident enough to use & charge for expensive products. The only thing is..The lightest lashes in the kit are 0.20?! Surely you'd think they'd include at least a 0.15 I thought 0.20 were quite heavy? Also it doesn't say what curl they are on the packet, just says 'silky'? They look like a J but as I say I've only just trained so I'm certainly no expert at identifying curls just by looking! But anyway my point is..will a 0.20 be ok to practice with or do you suggest me buying another pack of 0.15s or less? Thanks!

I have just completed my training with lashes & bought the marvel lash student kit just to practice with until I'm confident enough to use & charge for expensive products. The only thing is..The lightest lashes in the kit are 0.20?! Surely you'd think they'd include at least a 0.15 I thought 0.20 were quite heavy? Also it doesn't say what curl they are on the packet, just says 'silky'? They look like a J but as I say I've only just trained so I'm certainly no expert at identifying curls just by looking! But anyway my point is..will a 0.20 be ok to practice with or do you suggest me buying another pack of 0.15s or less? Thanks!

Hiya :)

The marvel lash silky lashes are a j curl, you're right. C curl is a more effective curl if you want that?
Also yes, it would be good to get some 0.15s as not everyone can support a 0.20. Lashbase lashes are great. Also their glue is good if you find you want a faster setting glue as the ml one is quite slow (although I've heard they've released a faster one, maybe you have this one?) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks glamoureyes! I will definitely be getting some 0.15s at least I have 0.20s in my kit now for anyone who can support them I guess :)
I think the glue I have is just the regular slow set one which I'm ok with for now I think until I get my speed up like I say this kit is basically just to practice with :) I can't wait to get confident enough to use the good stuff ;) all the lashes on here are beautiful it's a great thread! X

Hi ladies, lashes are looking lovely as always! I'm wondering if you could give me some advice...had a client in today and she said her eyelash extensions were great for the first week & then they started catching on the bottom lashes?!
I used 0.15 c curl.

Any ideas?

Quick question... One of my clients seems to have way more natural lashes on her left eye than the right. Everyone else's are about equal amounts on either eye.. Is this normal and what could cause this? She has never had ee before so it's not previous damage. Have any of you come across this before? Thanks x

Hi all, looking for some advice from yous experienced lashers, I'm currently having to re do more case studies before I get my certificate am using lash base sensitive glue but finding it's not setting quick enough the other lashes are sticking to it & can't get a lot on, any suggestions on whether I should try the faster setting glue, stick with the sensitive or try a different glue

Hi ladies, lashes are looking lovely as always! I'm wondering if you could give me some advice...had a client in today and she said her eyelash extensions were great for the first week & then they started catching on the bottom lashes?!
I used 0.15 c curl.

Any ideas?

Hey - sometimes this can happen. Mine seem to do if sometimes. It tends to be when they are growing out.

* make sure your bonding the lash 1.5mm away from skin - no more than this really otherwise after week or so will be quite grown out.

* make sure your false lash is really stuck at the base and not lifting - as this can cause catching too.

Xx

Quick question... One of my clients seems to have way more natural lashes on her left eye than the right. Everyone else's are about equal amounts on either eye.. Is this normal and what could cause this? She has never had ee before so it's not previous damage. Have any of you come across this before? Thanks x

Hey,

Maybe it's just her :-/ odd one!
With the eye with more lashes, try to do about 70% of lashes - you don't want to thicken up to much and the other one look bare.
On the eye with less lashes, fan/stack some lashes and this will make it look like she has more.

This is where volume lashes work wonders!! X

Hi all, looking for some advice from yous experienced lashers, I'm currently having to re do more case studies before I get my certificate am using lash base sensitive glue but finding it's not setting quick enough the other lashes are sticking to it & can't get a lot on, any suggestions on whether I should try the faster setting glue, stick with the sensitive or try a different glue

Defo try a faster glue. Your obviously getting faster each time - which is great. But will cause stickies, which you don't want. So get a faster glue and this will do the job x

Do all fast setting glues have fumes/odour? Tried one and the clients eyes were streaming xx

Eyes are never symmetrical. It could be that she sleeps on her right eye?
X

I always have less lashes on my right side... This is the side I always sleep on xx

Do all fast setting glues have fumes/odour? Tried one and the clients eyes were streaming xx

Try leaving clients eyes shut for a few mins once you have finished also a nano mister can help with that. Since I've been using the Flirties ultra and nano mister clients eyes just ping straight open x

Girls my volume lash course is fully accredited by babtac. So if your interested in training - let me know.
Classes are only up to 2 students at a time so you get all my time. X

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395842120.086015.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395842150.234611.jpg
My latest work with L curls, have just finished training with Nadia in New York to help perfect my techniques.

View attachment 60021View attachment 60022
My latest work with L curls, have just finished training with Nadia in New York to help perfect my techniques.

These are amazing, There is no-one in Edinburgh that can do lashes like these at the moment and I am seriously considering hopping on a train to Kent in the near future for a set like this for my Partners sisters wedding, I spend a whole load of money on lashes that never look good. This would be so worth it!

Latest posts

Back