Show us your lashes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Angelina, I love these lashes...beautiful, could I ask you how you decide where to place so many different lash sizes?? I currently try to use 3-4 different lash sizes (shorter on inside eye longer on outer corners) and would love to introduce differnent lengths and curls as it looks like it gives you a more natural less uniform look...any tips would be great.
Tinaxxxx

Obviously you have to work with the lashes you have and what result your client wants.
This client had lovely thick and long lashes. It's hard to see on the before pic (I need a new camera!)
When you apply lashes that are all the same length then they don't have any depth. Even if you are putting 8's in the inner corner, 10's in the middle and 12's on the outer, they still lack depth.
You need to put shorter ones in between as this will look more natural and actually makes them look fuller.
A mix of B and C lashes also gives a lovely natural result. If you look at people's natural lashes, you will see that they are not all the same length.
For this client, I put my 'skeleton' in with B lashes 0.20 in lengths 12, 13 and 14mm.
I then went in between these with B lashes 0.20 12 and 13mm with C lashes .20 10mm in the inner corners.
Then I placed some C lashes through. Because her lashes were lovely and thick, the majority were 0.20 but any thinner lashes she had, I used .15's.
Putting longer, thicker lashes on does not make them look fuller.
I will put a pic below of my sister who likes just natural looking lashes. Believe it or not, she has approx 100 lashes on per eye but she looks like she has less than the other girl. They are all 0.15's.

Attachments

• Toni before lashes 3.jpg
    Toni before lashes 3.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 307
  • Toni after lashes 4.jpg
    Toni after lashes 4.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 336
Obviously you have to work with the lashes you have and what result your client wants.
This client had lovely thick and long lashes. It's hard to see on the before pic (I need a new camera!)
When you apply lashes that are all the same length then they don't have any depth. Even if you are putting 8's in the inner corner, 10's in the middle and 12's on the outer, they still lack depth.
You need to put shorter ones in between as this will look more natural and actually makes them look fuller.
A mix of B and C lashes also gives a lovely natural result. If you look at people's natural lashes, you will see that they are not all the same length.
For this client, I put my 'skeleton' in with B lashes 0.20 in lengths 12, 13 and 14mm.
I then went in between these with B lashes 0.20 12 and 13mm with C lashes .20 10mm in the inner corners.
Then I placed some C lashes through. Because her lashes were lovely and thick, the majority were 0.20 but any thinner lashes she had, I used .15's.
I will put a pic below of my sister who likes just natural looking lashes. Believe it or not, she has approx 100 lashes on per eye but she looks like she has less than the other girl. They are all 0.15's.

I find .15 always look so much better on most people! They are a lot more natural... Here are a few sets I did with .15...
u2ezygeq.jpg
u3anube8.jpg
qu4a2a8e.jpg

P.s. hope you don't mind me butting into the conversation!

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2

these are gorgeous

B's & C's 0.2. 8,10,12,14's

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349814166.789474.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349814166.789474.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 230
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349814184.541136.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349814184.541136.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 219
I have just completed my training course and this is my first completed full set. It took around 2 and a half hours but I got there in the end. Im loving this forum and have learnt so much from you ladies already so thankyou! Keep up the good work Geeks :) xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 257
Last edited by a moderator:
I went on an eyelash course last week (semi permanent & express lash refresher course, I originally trained 1 year ago & only practised the semi permanents once qualified so I've been eager to refresh in the express method as these are popular in my area)

I've had a go today at express lashes, the pics are of my first set.

Just wanting people's opinions please & any tips?

I didn't get them quite symmetrical (cringe) lol but since it was my friend she wasn't bothered about it. it also looks as though I've put more lashes on one eye eeek & I'm sure I used too much glue! & not enough lashes on the inner eye, this bit was really awkward on the inner eye any tips?

Also when I brushed them through at the end a few fell off, is this normal?

how many lashes do you tend to put on with express? I used c curl on these, didnt count how many i used either ill remember to next time!

what curl do you use most of? & finally lol how much are you charging? I'm thinking £20 with removal included in price.

Thanks x

Look good to me hun xx

:-/ I was told to brush through too. I think I'll be giving this a miss also from now on.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

They look great! X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

they look lovely! I do SP lashes and take around 2 hours for a full set (only recently trained) and wondered how long you took to do a set of express lashes? How is the application process different, do you just glue and pop on top of the lashes without so much attention paid to isolation? Are the lashes used the same as SP? Might be a worth a go for when I do my tanning and gelish parties as will be able to fit them in too, wheras SP wouldnt be time appropriate. Sorry to hijak ya thread! xxx

Hi guys! This is my first practise set! Took me 2hrs as I was having troulbe isolating the lash.
She had long lashes already, but I am just happy I managed to get so many on! I only used just one length as it was just to get the hang of it!

Attachments

• IMG_1647.jpg
    IMG_1647.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_9879.jpg
    IMG_9879.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_3690.jpg
    IMG_3690.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_1863.jpg
    IMG_1863.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 222

WOW!! I m definitely going to try this angelina, I use 0.15's on probably 60% of my clients as they tend to be a bit older so have pretty short fine lashes, but will try putting some 0.20's on the stronger lashes, as I am struggling to get a nice full look on some clients. Your sisters lashes are gorgeous...wish you lived nearer and could do mine!!!!
xxxxxxxx

I find .15 always look so much better on most people! They are a lot more natural... Here are a few sets I did with .15...
u2ezygeq.jpg
u3anube8.jpg
qu4a2a8e.jpg

P.s. hope you don't mind me butting into the conversation!

Jurate, have seen lots of your posts on here and no problem with butting in...the more advice the better for me!!! I have to say that I mainly use .15's to but more due to my clients lack of lashes, I like the idea of using some thicker lashes and differnet curls to add depth.
Your lashes are beautiful..how long have you been doing them?? I only trained 2 mnths ago but love love love doing this treatment, its actually my favorite at the moment! I may be brave and post some pics someday soon!!!
Thanks for sharing tinaxxxxx

Jurate, have seen lots of your posts on here and no problem with butting in...the more advice the better for me!!! I have to say that I mainly use .15's to but more due to my clients lack of lashes, I like the idea of using some thicker lashes and differnet curls to add depth.
Your lashes are beautiful..how long have you been doing them?? I only trained 2 mnths ago but love love love doing this treatment, its actually my favorite at the moment! I may be brave and post some pics someday soon!!!
Thanks for sharing tinaxxxxx

Aww thank you! I trained in the end of January and started charging end of march/beginning of April :)

My 4th ever set. C curl 0.20 12mm length x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 312
zuqeratu.jpg
adu2uzeh.jpg

Please excuse the rubbish pics, I had to use my crappy phone camera. My 4th set, I only got 35 on as she had a drama halfway through. And I made her laugh til she cried by accident, had to take her pads off and readjust...losing a few and having to reapply. I feel they're improving.
J curl, 0.2, 9,11,13

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

A new set I have just done..

Attachments

• laura lashes.jpg
    laura lashes.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 229
Recent new set, b curl 0.25 9,11&13 I absolutely love the difference a set of lashes makes

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350298996.553014.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350298996.553014.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 237
Hi all
Im so intrigued to find this thread, as I have/am worried that my SP lashes are rubbish.
It was good to see others images of their lashes and I must admit I do think they are alot better than mine.
I have however only do about 10 sets so far and a couple of infills so im still pretty new to it and have a lot to learn still. Sets are taking me a couple of hours and I was given the 'J' curls in my lash kit by Nouveau and trained with these also. They do seem fairly easy to use however i feel sometimes clients think they should be curlier from looking at the front - i do agree on this and so im going to try 'C' curls soon. I have heard these can be trickier to apply though so hope i dont get disheartened if and when i struggle putting them on.
I noticed theres not that many lash techs that really use 'J' curls after looking at images ... can someone give me feedback from going from using 'J's to another curlier lash please?
Also i found that the gel eye patches in the nouveau kit are terrible at slipping down and exposing the lower lashes - who can tell me which brand of eye patches are the best for isolating the lower lashes please?

Here are a set of mine done about a month ago before and after!

Attachments

• photo (22) - Copy.JPG
    photo (22) - Copy.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 263
  • photo (12)copy.jpg
    photo (12)copy.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
Hi Charbie!

For a newbie these look pretty good. I switched from j curl to a b curl as I prefer the look they give. (Hope I'm right in thinking the b is not as curved as c?) However I do keep different sizes, shapes etc just in case!

Latest posts

Back