Show us your lashes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use eyelash emporium pads and they suit me just fine. However I do always check the bottom lashes every now & then just to be sure 😃

Hi Charbie!

For a newbie these look pretty good. I switched from j curl to a b curl as I prefer the look they give. (Hope I'm right in thinking the b is not as curved as c?) However I do keep different sizes, shapes etc just in case!

Thanks Sarahlou06, your comment about them made me feel a bit more positive!
I will perhaps try different eye pads and I've just ordered the B curls to give them a try!
How long have you been doing the SP lashes for? And how long does it take you to do a full set? :) x

I will perhaps try different eye pads and I've just ordered the B curls to give them a try!
How long have you been doing the SP lashes for? And how long does it take you to do a full set? :) x

Have you seen this thread? Really worth a look

http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/126045-best-eyelash-glue-lashes-pads-etc-results-my-unofficial-poll.html

J (sometimes also called A) curl is the easiest to work with as it is very straight and adheres to donor lash more. The curlier the extension, the less of a space it has to ahere to donor lash.

Also, curly lash extensions are not suitable to people that have very straight natural lashes.

Curls go as follows :
A (j) - straight
B - curly, gives a natural look
C - curlier than B, but there is very little difference
D - curlier than C

There are also L curls - but I've never used them. I haven't heard much good feedback about them either.

V & W, Y lashes tend too heavy and if you choose to use them I would choose .1 or less thick. I've only tried Y lashes and don't like them at all.

I would build up ans move on with curls slowly, or I would fist master sets with J & B curls before trying the rest of the lashes available :)

As for the pads I have to admit that marvel lash pads are ok for me. However, I use micropore tape a lot more - three shirt pieces put in an upside down "A" shape are ideal for any type of eyes!

Hth.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2

I trained about 5 years ago but I did have a break and then came back to them this year. I'm doing an express lash course so that will be exciting!
It really depends on my client but a younger lady with lots of lashes about 1 hour 15 or could even be 45minutrs on a lady with very little lashes!

I trained about 5 years ago but I did have a break and then came back to them this year. I'm doing an express lash course so that will be exciting!
It really depends on my client but a younger lady with lots of lashes about 1 hour 15 or could even be 45minutrs on a lady with very little lashes!

Most of the lash extensionists I know do full set in 45 minutes :o I can't wait to get to that level, but do not want to compromise on quality, so taking my time... :o

45 minutes for semi permanent

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Oops door knocked and i pressed send that is super fast i hope one day to get down to 1 hrs 15 mins or so but wow 45 mins is amazing

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I think it's important to say, it doesn't actually matter how fast you are at applying a full set, just make sure your lashes are properly isolated, straight, correct length and thickness. Focus on a good job not a fast job xxxx

There's no way I could do 45mins!

I have an Italian lady who's has the most gorgeous lashes and she can take me an hour and a half.

Now I'm my own business I like to judge my own time 😊

watching this thread with interest and awe. I'm doing my training in a couple of weeks so I'm doing a lot of homework and reading up now lol x

C curl 0.2 10,12&14's

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350485226.478650.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350485226.478650.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 299
Most of the lash extensionists I know do full set in 45 minutes

Really?

I know lots of brilliant lashers and I don't know that any of them can do a full set in 45 minutes (except maybe Blinkingorgeous but she's a bit unusual :eek: ) LOL xx

I suppose it maybe depends how many lashes you class a full set?

Last edited:
This set would take me about 1.5 hours

Attachments

• rhonaopen.jpg
    rhonaopen.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 339
Id lay for a month on your couch elliebee if you did me these xx lol

Sent from my HTC Desire C using SalonGeek

Id lay for a month on your couch elliebee if you did me these xx lol

Sent from my HTC Desire C using SalonGeek

Oh bless you :hug:

These are actually the eyes of one of our very own geeks who travelled to see me. Felt slightly under pressure if I'm honest but she was lovely.

(You know who you are :wink2:)

She has since been back for infills so I must have done ok. x

Same here... 1.5hrs most sets!!! Iv got a few girls with so many natural lashes I think I cud be there for 3hrs an still not hav lashed every poss lash, but generally 1.5hrs for most women I don't think for a full set, with lashing every poss lash that can be lashed it can really be done any quicker.... If it can then that's my aim 😊

I agree, it's possible to spend 45 mins on a set of lashes but it's how many lashes that's applied in that time that's important.
I allow 1.5 hours for a standard set of approx 80 lashes on each eye.
If my client has lots and lots of lashes, then I'll spend longer to fill every lash x

Recent new set, b curl 0.25 9,11&13 I absolutely love the difference a set of lashes makes

They look really good did you start with 13 on the outsides, put 11 in the middle and 9 on the inside?

I've got 3 sets in the morning

You should never brush through express lashes.
Because they are not isolated you can pull the clients natural lashes out.
I always use .20 lashes for express and probably put on about 50-60.
I think these look great for a first attempt :biggrin:

Hi Angelina
did my express lash training today, when you say 50-60 do you mean per eye or in total, I asked on the course but didn't get a clear answer x

Really?

I know lots of brilliant lashers and I don't know that any of them can do a full set in 45 minutes (except maybe Blinkingorgeous but she's a bit unusual :eek: ) LOL xx

I suppose it maybe depends how many lashes you class a full set?

Haha, well, my trainer has been doing lashes for 10 years now, and she is down to 45 minutes and it only takes longer if something is really tricky, the other lasher has been doing lashes for 2 years and she's down to 45 mins as well (mind you, that is what they tell!) Anyway, they do every single lash.

But... Here is another 45 minute job I had to rectify today...
ty7yjuhu.jpg

And it took me to hours to remove and redo...

PLEASE NOTE: I did not put this pic up to slate another tech... I don't know the person who did them and it is only for example purposes to show that speed isn't always everything!

Latest posts

Back