Show us your lashes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this length of time between infills is unusual and shouldn't put other geeks off or worry other lasher geeks.

Iv been lashing quite some time now and the majority of my clients come between 2 to 3 weeks for infills (of course there is the odd exception). They want to keep their lashes looking full and at their best. I have a full client base now and am having to turn clients away so I would say, 2 to 3 weeks between infills is the norm xx

I didn't mean to make anyone feel put off xxx however, whenever I have a new client, I always recommend infills every 2-3 week's, but as I said, most of them don't need an infill after 3-5 weeks even then they still come with quite a full set.

Whenever I do an infill, I always remove the lashes that seem to be half way off and replace them with a fresh lash.

The girl that only needs an infill after nearly three months was merely an exception, as said above, I've never seen anything like it before (not that I have been lashing for long!)

When I was training, my tutor said that if the client has to keep coming back for infills every 2 weeks, you(I don't mean you personally, lol) , as a tech, may be doing something incorrect or the client is not following the correct aftercare :)

But its just the way I trained xxx

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2

When I was training, my tutor said that if the client has to keep coming back for infills every 2 weeks, you(I don't mean you personally, lol) , as a tech, may be doing something incorrect or the client is not following the correct aftercare :)

But its just the way I trained xxx

No offence taken. However, myself and Bonkers are trainers, for separate lash companies and I can tell you, neither of us would say you were doing anything wrong if the client came back every 2/3 weeks for infills, then again, maybe I am doing something wrong!!!! Shhhhh don't tell my clients!

totally agree with blinkingorgeous, every client has a different lash growth cycle ranging from 45-90 days if a client came back at 5 weeks no doubt they would be looking a little messy, pretty gappy and i personally believe this is the point when clients starty to pick and pull at their extensions.

we advise all trainees 2-3 weeks for infils to maintain the thick lucious look you first applied, a gappy, messy eyed client is not a good advertisement for your services.

Oooh I really didn't want to come across rude or anything xxx I respect all of you as I have learnt (and am still learning) so much from everyone on this site!

I wish I had made picks of infills I do just so that I could show you I'm not telling porkies here, lol :)

I think its important not to give the newer lashers unrealistic info here. 4-5 week infills are fine if your clients want to eeek them out as long as possible, without worrying about them having grown out a fair way.

but to keep them looking there best 2-3 weeks is the norm. especially for those that enjoy the longer length or a thicker lash as the can start to become end heavy earlier on and twist.

I have one lovely nurse that i see every 4-6 weeks and she pays for a half set normally, she manages to go this long because she has freakishly slow lash growth, wears no makeup and really just leaves them completely to themselves.

I qualified over 18 months ago now and I am still very careful what info I give out on eyelash extensions because i still consider myself a newbie. I think its great to help others but generally leave it up to the experienced geeks such as angelina, blinkingorgeous, bonkers etc. as incorrect info on a site this big can be quite harmful :Love: xxx

I think its important not to give the newer lashers unrealistic info here. 4-5 week infills are fine if your clients want to eeek them out as long as possible, without worrying about them having grown out a fair way.

but to keep them looking there best 2-3 weeks is the norm. especially for those that enjoy the longer length or a thicker lash as the can start to become end heavy earlier on and twist.

I have one lovely nurse that i see every 4-6 weeks and she pays for a half set normally, she manages to go this long because she has freakishly slow lash growth, wears no makeup and really just leaves them completely to themselves.

I qualified over 18 months ago now and I am still very careful what info I give out on eyelash extensions because i still consider myself a newbie. I think its great to help others but generally leave it up to the experienced geeks such as angelina, blinkingorgeous, bonkers etc. as incorrect info on a site this big can be quite harmful :Love: xxx

What do you mean incorrect info? Why would I be giving incorrect info?

I was referring to MY reasons for not giving out much lash info, I havent read every comment but

this could lead a lot of perfectly good new lash techs, who as taught and as recommended, infill their clients lashes every 2-3 weeks to be considering that they are now doing something incorrect.

I dont think anyone chooses to give out incorrect info, we all want to help, thats ho a forum works and without our wish to help others, there would be no geek. My post was saying that i think its important to think about what info we give and what effect it can have on those reading it :hug:

I have been following this thread with great interest as a new lasher and from what I have read so far, no-one said you were giving the incorrect information.

What I have noticed is that your responses have been inconsistent. You started off by giving the impression (well to me anyway) that you are an experienced lasher, thereafter confirming that you are inexperienced. For me personally anything practical should be done for at least 2 years with constant practise to master the skills. Saying that however, we all learn differently.

As a new lasher I have not really learnt anything useful from any of your responses. Just my humble opinion.

On the other hand, there are some great work and advice on this thread; let's keep it going positively.:biggrin:

4y7ypuzu.jpg
this one is a set that has been on since mid august.

be6uhusy.jpg
the only photo of an infill that I could find in my gallery. Lasted 6 weeks before coming in to me. For this infill I charged her a full set price as I removed a lot of lashes just so they looked fresh and nice. Normally this client only comes in for fresh set every time every couple of months.

I go by what I have been trained. And I keep updating my skills all the time and keep in touch with my trainer and a lot of lashers around me in the area that have been trained to master lash level and gave been lashing for years.

I have never tried to say I know more than any of other more experienced geeks here, however, your post is really hurtfull. You don't need to have been doing lashes for x amount of years to be able to put your opinion/experience across to others.

I go but what I do and what works for me.

I've been lashing for 2 and a half years and this is my main treatment.
On the odd exception I'll have a client return after 5 weeks and there's quite a lot of lashes still there, however this is every blue moon.

For the most part clients return 2-3 weeks, apart from some that return after 4 weeks expecting to pay £20 for an infill but needs a full set! (a full set is charged for if client wants to go ahead)
Jurate great news your clients go this long! Maybe it's the water ;-) xx

I was going to say maybe the lashes grow faster in England :)

I have been following this thread with great interest as a new lasher and from what I have read so far, no-one said you were giving the incorrect information.

What I have noticed is that your responses have been inconsistent. You started off by giving the impression (well to me anyway) that you are an experienced lasher, thereafter confirming that you are inexperienced. For me personally anything practical should be done for at least 2 years with constant practise to master the skills. Saying that however, we all learn differently.

As a new lasher I have not really learnt anything useful from any of your responses. Just my humble opinion.

On the other hand, there are some great work and advice on this thread; let's keep it going positively.:biggrin:

Oh my if you read this thread and all my responses you would have seen that I had said many times when I trained and I never said that I had a lot of experience.

Ah I don't want to turn this thread into anything more.

I'm keeping my mouth shut from now on because this is becoming stupid now.

I've been lashing for 2 and a half years and this is my main treatment.
On the odd exception I'll have a client return after 5 weeks and there's quite a lot of lashes still there, however this is every blue moon.

For the most part clients return 2-3 weeks, apart from some that return after 4 weeks expecting to pay £20 for an infill but needs a full set! (a full set is charged for if client wants to go ahead)
Jurate great news your clients go this long! Maybe it's the water ;-) xx

Maybe.

I was going to say maybe the lashes grow faster in England :)

I will let you know in the end of 2013 once I've passed the 2 year mark after my training :(

I will let you know in the end of 2013 once I've passed the 2 year mark after my training :(

Hehe! Keep at it ;-)

I was referring to MY reasons for not giving out much lash info, I havent read every comment but

this could lead a lot of perfectly good new lash techs, who as taught and as recommended, infill their clients lashes every 2-3 weeks to be considering that they are now doing something incorrect.

I dont think anyone chooses to give out incorrect info, we all want to help, thats ho a forum works and without our wish to help others, there would be no geek. My post was saying that i think its important to think about what info we give and what effect it can have on those reading it :hug:

Sorry I read too much into your post :)

Oops this thread has gone a little awry, let's hope we can get it back on track.
2-3 weeks is the norm to come back for infills although we all get those clients that come back after a few weeks with 5 or 6 lashes clinging on for dear life hoping to only have to pay for an infill :rolleyes:
You will get the odd client that can go longer but most of my clients come back after 2 or 3 weeks.
I think Jurate misunderstood the post and received a bit of a hard time. I didn't take what she said in the wrong way and I think a couple of replies were a bit uncalled for.
Anyway, just as a matter of interest Jurate, who did you train with?
You may very well have already said in this thread but I didn't want to read back through 39 pages :eek:

Oops this thread has gone a little awry, let's hope we can get it back on track.
2-3 weeks is the norm to come back for infills although we all get those clients that come back after a few weeks with 5 or 6 lashes clinging on for dear life hoping to only have to pay for an infill :rolleyes:
You will get the odd client that can go longer but most of my clients come back after 2 or 3 weeks.
I think Jurate misunderstood the post and received a bit of a hard time. I didn't take what she said in the wrong way and I think a couple of replies were a bit uncalled for.
Anyway, just as a matter of interest Jurate, who did you train with?
You may very well have already said in this thread but I didn't want to read back through 39 pages :eek:

Angelina, you are correct, this post has gone a bit awry and I for one didnt help.

To Jurate: I apologise to you for my earlier post.

I am a new-ish (since 2011!:eek:). Any information on lashes that I think would help in my development is welcomed. However, when I come across information like 45 minutes for a full set of lash extensions and 4-5 week infills make me think seriously whether I have been doing something seriously wrong!

Let's put this thread back on track, as the title said, SHOW us your lashes.

I won't be showing any of mine for a very long time.

I'm a v new lasher and seeing Jurates lashes really motivated me after a bad try, and I'm improving, listening to all lashers.

Please all keep showing me your lashes, Ive loved this thread :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

I love this thread too!
ADiva1 get you're photos on, it's amazing what tips and advise can help. X

Latest posts

Back