Show us your lashes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't feel I can charge by time yet as I don't feel confident with my speed yet but I can see how in the future this would be a great idea.

I had one client tell me she wanted infills but loads had come out when she wore strip lashes and pulled them off. I said ok I will assess when I see you as might need to charge a half set. Funnily enough she decided she wanted to "give her lashes a break" for a bit. Meant I lost a booking but least I wasn't spending ages on her lashes and just getting the infill price!

It is difficult tho...or at least I still find the money part of it difficult...xx

Anyone in Cambridgeshire I really want mine done for Christmas now!

Anyone in Cambridgeshire I really want mine done for Christmas now!

There should be a thread for where we're all based and what we offer as I'd also like my lashes done (in Kington, Surrey area) but think cos I do lashes myself I'd need to make sure they were always well maintained so I didn't put people off having them haha x

I have been lashing for nearly a year now and have always used the gel under eye pads.
I see from photos that some people use tape to secure the lower lashes.
Can anyone recommend this method and the tape to use.
I find that the pads do not always fit my clients eye shapes and at times I get more than a few lashes stuck especially if iv got a client that moves and twitches alot.
So I thought maybe the tape could be a better method but i would be terrified of pulling lashes off when removing the tape,
Thanks
X

I have been lashing for nearly a year now and have always used the gel under eye pads.
I find that the pads do not always fit my clients eye shapes and at times I get more than a few lashes stuck especially if iv got a client that moves and twitches alot.
So I thought maybe the tape could be a better method but i would be terrified of pulling lashes off when removing the tape,
Thanks
X

I use micropore tape. I de-tack it on my hand first. I then place the pads on as well as I don't want to stab my client with my tweezers!

Girls/ladies, I wanted to ask you... What do you regard as an infill? If there is still 60% of lashes left, is that still an infill?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2

Thanks
X

I use both. Clients with dry skin under eyes are more sensitive to tape, so I use gel pads on them. Micropore tape on the rest... :)

Girls/ladies, I wanted to ask you... What do you regard as an infill? If there is still 60% of lashes left, is that still an infill?

I advertise that if they have less than 50% of lashes left then they have to pay more than the price of an infill.
I play it by ear to be honest as some clients can take less time than others even if they have more lashes to replace which is why it's a good idea to have infills by time. So 30 mins, 45 and 1 hour infills.

I advertise that if they have less than 50% of lashes left then they have to pay more than the price of an infill.
I play it by ear to be honest as some clients can take less time than others even if they have more lashes to replace which is why it's a good idea to have infills by time. So 30 mins, 45 and 1 hour infills.

I find the preparation so much fiddlier for infills :/ I do charge by time and once it takes me more than 1 h 15 min to infill I take my max infill price (I am a bit slow though and like to take my time and sometimes I talk to clients a lot too) :)
I thought I will ask as earlier conversation made me doubt my judgement :)

Hey
Just a quick question with regards to lashing. I'm just starting out doing sp lashes and I find that talking to the client makes it a lot harder to apply the lashes while they talk so it takes longer and more hassle but I feel rude saying can you not talk please! Lol. How do you all tackle this? Im sure as I get experience it will become less of a problem if the client talks but I hate feeling like I haven't done as good a job as I could of if they were not talking!
Thanks for any advice :)

I usually say anything less than 50% may require longer x

A set I did tonight with C curls - first time I've taken before & after photos with eyes open but I love it as really shows the difference!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350940630.130914.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350940630.130914.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 253
I find the preparation so much fiddlier for infills :/ I do charge by time and once it takes me more than 1 h 15 min to infill I take my max infill price (I am a bit slow though and like to take my time and sometimes I talk to clients a lot too) :)
I thought I will ask as earlier conversation made me doubt my judgement :)

Never thought I'd do them in an hour considering my first sets took me 4 hours +! I do sets now within 90 minutes (unless I have to remove lashes, remove make up, etc.) And some clients I can do in just under 60 minutes. I would love to get to the level where no matter what I will only need 90 min slots to allow clearing away time, and all.

I think if you can do a full set in an hour or so, but some infills can take you over and hour and 15 mins this may make it difficult to be consistent on pricing?

I know some newer lashers find it difficult to find the right level to price their lashes (and quite a few have asked for advice on this thread) so it may be helpful for those who are struggling with their pricing to work out the hourly rate they want to earn and price from there.

This means that, no matter how tricky the new sets or infills may be, you are earning a fairly consistent hourly rate. It may not seem fair to some clients who are paying more for infills than others are paying for a full set. Not sure if I explained that well but I know what I meant! LOL

I hope that helps x

Last edited:
Hey
Just a quick question with regards to lashing. I'm just starting out doing sp lashes and I find that talking to the client makes it a lot harder to apply the lashes while they talk so it takes longer and more hassle but I feel rude saying can you not talk please! Lol. How do you all tackle this? Im sure as I get experience it will become less of a problem if the client talks but I hate feeling like I haven't done as good a job as I could of if they were not talking!

When I have a new client I tell them to feel free to nod off as most clients do. I also let them know I go into the "zone" when lashing so may go quiet. x

Hey

When I put my client on the couch, I tell her that I don't talk much during the procedure because otherwise it will take a lot longer. But I always tell them that should they have any questions, they should not hesitate and ask me. When I start I talk them through as to what I am doing, especially if its their first time, even if I am just cutting micropore tape or prepare lashes - I tell them that as with eyes closed any noise may sound odd.
But then... I have days where I don't mind talking, especially, when you have had several hours sitting quietly you may start to feel lonely, lol :) and then... If I start talking to a client tgeres no stopping us! I don't mind spending extra time with them especially if they are my last client of the say :)

I put my plinky plonky music on and most of my clients go to sleep to be honest.
I usually say to new clients that I'm not being rude by not talking to them but if they talk then the pads will move towards their eye.
That's usually enough to get them to zip it :wink2:

I think if you can do a full set in an hour or so (as you posted earlier) but some infills can take you over and hour and 15 mins this may make it difficult to be consistent on pricing?

I know some newer lashers find it difficult to find the right level to price their lashes (and quite a few have asked for advice on this thread) so it may be helpful for those who are struggling with their pricing to work out the hourly rate they want to earn and price from there.

This means that, no matter how tricky the new sets or infills may be, you are earning a fairly consistent hourly rate. It may not seem fair to some clients who are paying more for infills than others are paying for a full set. Not sure if I explained that well but I know what I meant! LOL

I hope that helps x

It takes me 1 h to 1h 30 min to do a full set. And then an infill nearly just as long. But its not because they are missing a lot of lashes, but mainly me preparing them (I consult with them to ensure they were happy with the set, ask if they want any changes, wether they want to try anything different, etc, then go through their set before starting the infill, I brush the lashes through, I separate any lashes that may be stuck together, I remove the ones that have detached from the "base", I remove the ones that may need replacing - have grown out or so, then I brush them through again - all this takes me about 25 minutes maybe more, if they have make up on, I hand them wipes to remove it themselves, then have to double check to make sure no traces of make up are left there, then go to brushing the lashes and so on...) Only then do I start applying fresh extensions. Maybe I am just sloooow... Lol :)

Thanks for advice guys! I think I just need to feel confident to explain that i can't chat too much during the treatment. And feel confident that when there is silence I dont have to fill it with chatter! Lol. :)

It takes me 1 h to 1h 30 min to do a full set. And then an infill nearly just as long. But its not because they are missing a lot of lashes, but mainly me preparing them (I consult with them to ensure they were happy with the set, ask if they want any changes, wether they want to try anything different, etc, then go through their set before starting the infill, I brush the lashes through, I separate any lashes that may be stuck together, I remove the ones that have detached from the "base", I remove the ones that may need replacing - have grown out or so, then I brush them through again - all this takes me about 25 minutes maybe more, if they have make up on, I hand them wipes to remove it themselves, then have to double check to make sure no traces of make up are left there, then go to brushing the lashes and so on...) Only then do I start applying fresh extensions. Maybe I am just sloooow... Lol :)

Edit: meant to add- the highest price of my infill is higher than half the set, I take the lowest rate only if I could fly through the infill. I think I've worked it out reading up on some threads on here and deciding on the minimal wage that I want to earn per hour, as I still want to make my wages :)

Thanks for advice guys! I think I just need to feel confident to explain that i can't chat too much during the treatment. And feel confident that when there is silence I dont have to fill it with chatter! Lol. :)

Put some music on, as Angela has said :) but better the relaxing one, not the one that the client could song along to, lol :D that would make the treatment a lot trickier :)

Latest posts

Back