Show us your lashes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It takes me 1 h to 1h 30 min to do a full set. And then an infill nearly just as long. But its not because they are missing a lot of lashes, but mainly me preparing them (I consult with them to ensure they were happy with the set, ask if they want any changes, wether they want to try anything different, etc, then go through their set before starting the infill, I brush the lashes through, I separate any lashes that may be stuck together, I remove the ones that have detached from the "base", I remove the ones that may need replacing - have grown out or so, then I brush them through again - all this takes me about 25 minutes maybe more, if they have make up on, I hand them wipes to remove it themselves, then have to double check to make sure no traces of make up are left there, then go to brushing the lashes and so on...) Only then do I start applying fresh extensions. Maybe I am just sloooow... Lol :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2

I guess everyone has their own way and you'll pick up speed even in the preparation as time goes on.
I allow up to 1 hour for an infill and not a minute over.
About 5-10 mins is on the preparation which I apply tape/pads
Clean lashes with oil free makeup remover.
I brush through, which lashes at the end of their cycle come away and if there's one or two stubborn ones I'll take them off using remover.
After that I use protein remover and I'm ready to go.

I'd concentrate on speeding up your preparation and charge your Infills by time x

I did these last night, i put a lot more on than the last ones i did, they are express and i only trained last week, Please, please, please, please can someone give me some feedback, Thank you xx

Attachments

• hevlashes.jpg
    hevlashes.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 293
I think they look fabulous! I can see a few gaps in one eye but they might be natural lash gaps!
I think for a first go these are great!

I'm doing the lash perfect express course tomorrow, so excited! So I'll pop some pics up 😃

Thank you Sarahlou, It was the Lash Perfect express training that I did and I really enjoyed it!! x

I did these last night, i put a lot more on than the last ones i did, they are express and i only trained last week, Please, please, please, please can someone give me some feedback, Thank you xx

They look great. If you only trained a week ago you can be really proud.

You can build up a bit more with express so perhaps try putting some shorter ones on first (8mm maybe and fine ones, 0.10 or 0.15) then put your longer ones on top of these

This will create a denser look at the base of the lashes so they won't look so gappy and you will really notice a difference in the fullness.

HTH

They look great. If you only trained a week ago you can be really proud.

You can build up a bit more with express so perhaps try putting some shorter ones on first (8mm maybe and fine ones, 0.10 or 0.15) then put your longer ones on top of these

This will create a denser look at the base of the lashes so they won't look so gappy and you will really notice a difference in the fullness.

HTH

Thanks Elliebee that is really helpful I will give that a go x

it's my first post....yes but I am ready to hear it all...My third client...be honest...please....trained 2 weeks ago! Four lashes are placed on the before because I forgot to take my before picture! sry!

Attachments

• maria before.jpg
    maria before.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 256
  • maria after.jpg
    maria after.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 249
Here is a lovely bride to be I've just done tonight... C.15 - 12 mm, j.15 - 11&10mm and b.2 - 9mm :)
aju5avaj.jpg

As a little tip as well, make sure you try different brands as they are not all the same. Don't mix brands as they can differ quite a lot.
Just to show you, below is a pic of 2 different brands. They are both C lashes in 0.20 and 14mm.

Attachments

• lash comparison.jpg
    lash comparison.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 182
That's good to know! X

Here are my first set of express lashes on my friend after doing the course yesterday.
I found it quite hard swapping from the individual technique to this one actually!
The glue is a lot thicker so I know I need to be careful with that. But what do you guys think?
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1351149544.874558.jpg

Here is a lovely bride to be I've just done tonight... C.15 - 12 mm, j.15 - 11&10mm and b.2 - 9mm :)
aju5avaj.jpg

To be honest... They look like they need improving and the outer corners are drooping! My personal opinion;-)

To be honest... They look like they need improving and the outer corners are drooping! My personal opinion;-)

Thank you for opinion - appreciate any feedback, good or bad :) just a question... Her natural lashes were pointing downwards, would you have any tricks up your sleeve on how to make them point upwards? :)

Thank you for opinion - appreciate any feedback, good or bad :) just a question... Her natural lashes were pointing downwards, would you have any tricks up your sleeve on how to make them point upwards? :)

I know some people use eyelash curlers before lashing. The only problem with this is that they will naturally drop back down and the extensions along with it.
I'd tape her lid up to pull the lashes up a bit so that they don't stick to the tape.
I think they look fine. I'd probably have put just a few shorter ones on the outside edge though just to make sure that they don't drop.

I know some people use eyelash curlers before lashing. The only problem with this is that they will naturally drop back down and the extensions along with it.
I'd tape her lid up to pull the lashes up a bit so that they don't stick to the tape.
I think they look fine. I'd probably have put just a few shorter ones on the outside edge though just to make sure that they don't drop.

Thank you. Do you mean putting the tape up to lift the eye as you would if a client has loose skin? I didn't have any lashes stuck to the tape. I did hear about curling but never really tried it :)

The client was chuffed to say the least and to be honest, she was a little bridezilla so I was happy that she was happy :)

Thank you for the advice, angelina, as always - a great help :) and its shorter outter corners next time xxx

Thank you. Do you mean putting the tape up to lift the eye as you would if a client has loose skin? I didn't have any lashes stuck to the tape. I did hear about curling but never really tried it :)

The client was chuffed to say the least and to be honest, she was a little bridezilla so I was happy that she was happy :)

Thank you for the advice, angelina, as always - a great help :) and its shorter outter corners next time xxx

eratuqam.jpg
8ururera.jpg
haheduse.jpg

These are unedited pics :o just in case as I really appreciate all the criticism :)

Last nights infill c curl 2.0 8,10 & 12's 😉

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1351503335.703155.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1351503335.703155.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 266
Ok so I know this is steering of the main subject a tad but....

Basically I have a client in tomorrow for infills. I did her lashes & eyelash tint a few weeks ago. She has very light lashes & wants to keep up her dark lashes. She isn't a very nice lady I have to say & I always feel on edge with her!

The receptionist booked her in but with an eyelash tint too!

I know I can't do this with infills but she will go berserk at this I know!

Is there anyway I can just tint her lower lashes? I know you wouldn't normally advice this but I'm so nervous about tomorrow!

Proper princess, this is the mother in law!!

😓Xxx
I know

C curl in 12, 10 0.20 critique welcome xxx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1351543764.501793.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1351543764.501793.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 211

Latest posts

Back