Show us your lashes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A set I've done today :) she had so many lashes haha. Used c curl, .15 15,14 and 11 mm for a glam look :)

Attachments

• IMAG1896_BURST004_wm.jpg
    IMAG1896_BURST004_wm.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 365
  • IMAG1898_BURST001_1_wm.jpg
    IMAG1898_BURST001_1_wm.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 392
Eyelash Emporium, are having a lash competition to find the best technicians, have a look at our Pin interest page, to see all the before and after pictures from our entrants.

I personally prefer Lashbase. Eyuvlashes felt too plastic like for me.

Sent from my V370 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes I only use lashbase x

Hi ladies/gents

Can anyone help me I have been doing lashes for about 3/4 months now and still not happy with the end result I currently use lash base lashes and their glue but the lashes aren't staying on anywhere near as long as I would have hoped for - this glue I tried on a recommendation but I don't think it's all that good? What glue would you recommend?

Also are you placing lashes on the side of the natural lash? My trainer is rubbish and honestly is just interested in the money so wants me to pay to go back so she can watch me do a set as apparently it's my fault the lashes don't stay not the glue?

Please help I am loosing confidence rapidly 😢 ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1383118598.053643.jpg this is my latest set just for reference xx

Hi there. I'm using Lashbase lashes and.Lashbase extreme glue and people are coming back every 3 to 4 weeks for top ups. So I doubt.it's the glue unless it's expired now? X

Hi ladies/gents

Can anyone help me I have been doing lashes for about 3/4 months now and still not happy with the end result I currently use lash base lashes and their glue but the lashes aren't staying on anywhere near as long as I would have hoped for - this glue I tried on a recommendation but I don't think it's all that good? What glue would you recommend?

Also are you placing lashes on the side of the natural lash? My trainer is rubbish and honestly is just interested in the money so wants me to pay to go back so she can watch me do a set as apparently it's my fault the lashes don't stay not the glue?

Please help I am loosing confidence rapidly 😢 View attachment 46613 this is my latest set just for reference xx

Maybe there's not enough glue on the lash itself- I use lash base extreme and lashes do stay on.

Hi ladies/gents

Please help I am loosing confidence rapidly 😢 View attachment 46613 this is my latest set just for reference xx

Hi, there could be a few reasons why this is happening but to get to the bottom of it we'll go through your application.
Is this happening to ALL clients?
How long are the lashes lasting?
How are you applying the lashes?

The big one is the weight! What lengths and thicknesses are you using? If you're a lash that's too long/thick for the natural lash, it'll come away too early.
Are your clients following correct aftercare?
When did you buy your glue?
Are you removing all mascara/products before application?

So from start to finish this is how it goes remove make up with oil free make up remover then primer from lash base the glue is on a jade stone dip the lash in the glue the place on natural lash, I was taught to go over the lash with the extension to get glue on the lash then place along side the natural lash I work from the out in and do one lash on one eye then move to the other to let it dry

At the moment I have b and c curls ranging from 9-13 0.2 or 0.25?

It's not happening to every one of them but the the majority

I feel like giving up maybe it is me? 😞

So from start to finish this is how it goes remove make up with oil free make up remover then primer from lash base the glue is on a jade stone dip the lash in the glue the place on natural lash, I was taught to go over the lash with the extension to get glue on the lash then place along side the natural lash I work from the out in and do one lash on one eye then move to the other to let it dry

At the moment I have b and c curls ranging from 9-13 0.2 or 0.25?

It's not happening to every one of them but the the majority

I feel like giving up maybe it is me? 😞

How long are the lashes staying on for, - I find most ladies need a full after 2 weeks but can last to 3.

0.25 is too think for most people, so ideally use 0.15-0.20. Again sometimes 13mm is too long - I rarely use longer than a 11-12 - just bear in mind the extra weight with a longer lash.

How many clients do U have? How many are coming back with lost lashes,

When I first started out my ladies were trashing their lashes / I though it was me - but after I got established I realised that it was client abuse.

I've used lashbase extreme and found it really good.

Hth

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1383136957.021041.jpg
This is one of my regulars who had her classic set infilled with volume lashes, she however likes a longer length than recommended when doing volume sets as you loose the effect / however still achieved a very nice look.

Hi everyone... How long does I take you all to do a set of volume lashes?? Xx

Attachments

• 1383148684726.jpg
    1383148684726.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 295
Thanks for your help ladies I'll change to thinner lashes and see if that helps I really hope it does! I really enjoy doing them so would be a shame to give up so early on xx

Thanks for your help ladies I'll change to thinner lashes and see if that helps I really hope it does! I really enjoy doing them so would be a shame to give up so early on xx

It really does help Hun, the ladies on here gave me the same advice and since ditching the 0.25's my lashes look 100 times better! I use 8, 10 and 12 and use 10's to fill out and both me and my clients have noticed a massive difference. Don't give up, it all takes time and practice, you'll get there just have faith in yourself :0)

Here I recent set I did the other day

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1383168936.949145.jpg

Just wanted to thank all you girlies for the fantastic advice you've all given. Have just started with lashes and reading all your comments has been a proper eye opener (excuse the pun!) ... Sat up till half 1 this morning looking at all your pics and reading thru the brilliant tips on technique etc, it's given me the kick up the bum I needed to persevere with it all ... I will not be beat! Lol ... Thanks again xxx

It takes a long time to learn how to do eyelashextensions. Have patience and take time to do it, no stress. My advice is to put less lashes on in the beginning, and practice to place them in a perfect straight line. Let the client open the eyes every 30 minutes (for example) and check if they are perfect. Every lash should be in the line from above, from the side and from the front. No lash should cross over another lash. If one lash is pointing the wrong way, remove immediatley and take a deep breath and do it again. One fault I did in the beginning was to stress and I put too much lashes on to compensate that I didnt know how to do.

(English is not my language, so I might spell something wrong :) )

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks Rcv, even more advice! I'm gonna crack this lashes lark if it's the last thing I do! :D .... Your spelling is perfect btw ;) xx

Hi, What lashes are they?
Thanks for answer

Latest posts

Back