Show us your lashes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I know the answer already but want to be 100% sure would you lash a lady in their first trimester? Xx

When I was pregnant last year... The lady who did my lashes wouldn't lash me until after my 12 week scan and asked me to sign a declaration. Towards the end of my pregnancy we agreed to only do half an hour infills instead of an hour as she didn't want me laying down for too long. Check with your insurance company x better safe than sorry x

I think I know the answer already but want to be 100% sure would you lash a lady in their first trimester? Xx

The reason pregnancy is a contraindication is because during pregnancy you are more likely to develop an allergy and the medications usually used in the case of a reaction cannot be given to pregnant women xx

Volume lashes done tonight 3d/4d using 0.07 c curl in 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 13mm she wanted longer in the middle than outer corners

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394750511.886691.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394750583.195797.jpg

Girls how do you make the lashes look fuller once you have applied the lashes to all the natural ones?

I was told yesterday that my lashes were too long naturally to have the Hollywood/flirties etc! :-( Granted my lashes are long but I just wanted to make them thicker. Does anyone think this is possible??
View attachment 15185

yes huni .. possible if they are are .7 2d IN THE SAME length as yours and applied to mid and short growth . it will give a fab volumising effect. x theres a few companies that do 2 d 3 d two i know are eyelash emporium and lucifer lash by tibby olivier . im sure there are others x ps these are light enough to cause no damage to short newer growth

How do you get the lashes so they r next to each other? With out going on the skin? I've just started once I've ran out of lashes to apply to lm stuck

There's lots of posts here stating 'volume lashes', unless you're trained in the technique(s) of these then try not to compare your work to these sets as it's advanced techniques being used in these pictures.

As for creating the illusion of fuller lashes with classic 1 to 1 semi-permanent eyelash extensions try not to go too long with extensions and use shorter lengths in-between the main lengths used as it makes them look fuller.
Also invest in a good lamp (and magnifying glasses if you need) to make sure you can definitely see all the lashes and isolate properly :)
Practice makes perfect! But search "eyelash extensions in kent" in YouTube for some more tips/advice x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394778713.885801.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394778724.232508.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394778741.128109.jpg

Just to show a few different angles of the ones I did last night.

I take about 30 photos and hopefully able to use a few. These are volume 3d lashes 0.07 2 hrs work

Does any one actually use magnifying glasses? I've seen some on Lashbase and wondered if they are any good and if anyone uses them?x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394786392.484858.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394786400.333532.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394786407.233491.jpg

This is my first set so go easy on me. Still having probs isolating. I'm trying to get my timing down to around 1 hour as i plan on charging £30 full set £20 maintenance in order in compete with local salons. I work from home

I'd also like to know about mag glasses or other options. I don't want to buy the typical mag lamp as i don't have the storage space. Experienced lashers please help us newbies :)

I'd also like to know about mag glasses or other options. I don't want to buy the typical mag lamp as i don't have the storage space. Experienced lashers please help us newbies :)

I find with correct lighting you don't need magnifying glasses I use a glamcor lamp I now couldn't imagine doing a set of lashes without my lamp plus it fold away nice and easy I'm mobile and it works well for me. They are not cheap though.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394798173.415905.jpg

Close up pic of 2d volume

:- .

Last edited:
What lighting does everyone use as I can't afford the glamcor lamp?

Last edited:
View attachment 59001View attachment 59002View attachment 59003

This is my first set so go easy on me. Still having probs isolating. I'm trying to get my timing down to around 1 hour as i plan on charging £30 full set £20 maintenance in order in compete with local salons. I work from home

Producing a good safe set of lashes that have been properly applied/isolated is far more importanting than quick timing. Once you're comfortable with your technique and isolation and using an adhesive that works for your style of working THEN you will start to speed up gradually with more practice!
Most techs I know only produce a "half set" in the space of an hour so don't try to aim for timings that are too low anyway. (Though at £30 for 1hour I reckon your local competition are probably only doing what I consider to be half sets anyway)

Instead of trying to compete with their prices to bring people in how about you compete with their quality? Once your confident, why not charge slightly more than any local competition and show people why you're worth it!? Lash extensions are not something you perfect overnight, it's an art for which the learning is ongoing. X

Hi geeks anybody doing myscara??

Latest posts

Back