Show us your lashes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone suggest pads for lower lashes .... Tried a few and they just don't seem to sit correctly xx

Can anyone suggest pads for lower lashes .... Tried a few and they just don't seem to sit correctly xx

I think everyone seems to favour a variety brands, I like marvel lash pads but they don't suit all my clients, I've also started using pads from www.shopladylash.co.uk but again they don't suit all my clients.

I have yet to find a pad I love but whether they exist or not because all clients eye shapes are different I don't know.

I found that clients with deep set eyes need a pad that has got more flexibility in it such as marvel lash because I need to be able to manipulate them to fit, but clients with eyes that are flat I call them or that suck in on themselves work better with a thinner pad such as lady lash
Hth x

I used marvelle sorry if I have spelled it wrong today an l hates the they were a nightmare they wouldn't stick

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395172197.258093.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395172210.155706.jpg I just did my training so I am practising on friends until I am completely happy with my work. This is my first set of express lashes. Please be gentle!

Tried some gel ones but managed to stick lashes to them oops xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395176467.134703.jpg

Only 5 days till I'm off to New York to perfect my volume lash technique !

I mainly just use tape, I find my self messing with the pads rearranging them Etc more than actually applying lashes x

Sent from my V370 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Lie lash save your self a trip... You don't need to perfect your technique... Your eyelashes are perfection! X

I have silk under eye patches that I mainly use for ladies having express lashes that are unable to tolerate having their eyes open, they are thin and very soft to use
anna

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use LashFX eye pads, deffo the best I've found so far x

I need help :( ive been doing lashes for a few years and I only have one regular client. She keeps her lashes on really well.
But other clients who have it as a one off, their lashes don't last!
it's as if they come away from the natural lash at the base.
I use lash emporium glue and try not to use too much.
Obviously I'm going wrong somewhere I just don't know x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395252368.911926.jpg
Just done my eyelash training this is my first ever set with nouveau lashes I'm so excited to start doing clients! :D

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395252358.214964.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395252358.214964.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 268
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395268371.363588.jpg
3D volume using 9,10,11,12 0.07 c curl. Took 2 hours 30 covering 70% of lashes.

Oooh those look good, do find they're better than pads? Also which thickness do you use? x

I tried this and just couldn't get on with it. I found it not flexible enough to fit my clients eyes, shame because It would have saved me a lot of money. I also like a thin pad and found the micro pore tape too thick for most of my clients eye shapes where sometimes they suck in - even taping up didn't work.
I think pads are horses for courses x

I did my friends lashes last night she has the longest straightest lashes ever. I think she would def have been better with L lashes or L+ which I will try next time. Wish I'd took a pic from the side as they did poke out.
3d-5d volume 70% coverage took 3 hrs possibly hardest set ive done. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395311250.700994.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395311266.522239.jpg

Oooh those look good, do find they're better than pads? Also which thickness do you use? x

Yes I find the microfoam better than the pads and clients prefer it too. It is quite stretchy so easy to move and fit everyone's eyes. I use the 2.5cm tape.

Attachments

• foam pads.jpg
    foam pads.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 238
Yes I find the microfoam better than the pads and clients prefer it too. It is quite stretchy so easy to move and fit everyone's eyes. I use the 2.5cm tape.

I'll give it go it's always worth a try! Do you still use the tape to hide the shortest lashes or do you find this catches them all? x

I tried this and just couldn't get on with it. I found it not flexible enough to fit my clients eyes, shame because It would have saved me a lot of money. I also like a thin pad and found the micro pore tape too thick for most of my clients eye shapes where sometimes they suck in - even taping up didn't work.
I think pads are horses for courses x

Thanks for your feedback! I'm going to give it a go and see how I get on x

Latest posts

Back