Show us your nail foils

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395927859.073319.jpg

Shellac with Diamond Fuschia foil xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395958458.553905.jpgblack OPI with pink and blue foil

I love all these 😍😍😍

Where's the best place to get foils from x

My peacock foil works great Rebecca. I use my foil adhesive and cure for 2 mins like the others have said xxx

I love this foil...where did you get it?

Hello :) iv just tried out foils over gelish. It transferred great and i put a thin gelish top coat over it. But iv found that it is a bit soft...as in i could scrape it off leaving the gelish on under it...does anyone know the cause of this??? I cured the foil glue for 2 mins before putting the foil on so it was definately dry x

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hello :) iv just tried out foils over gelish. It transferred great and i put a thin gelish top coat over it. But iv found that it is a bit soft...as in i could scrape it off leaving the gelish on under it...does anyone know the cause of this??? I cured the foil glue for 2 mins before putting the foil on so it was definately dry x

You don't need to use foil glue when applying over Gelish. Just stick the foil directly onto the sticky coloured layer and then apply TIO. I usually apply a second coat of TIO if the foil design completely covers the nail...you shouldn't have any problems then. Hth. X

You don't need to use foil glue when applying over Gelish. Just stick the foil directly onto the sticky coloured layer and then apply TIO. I usually apply a second coat of TIO if the foil design completely covers the nail...you shouldn't have any problems then. Hth. X

Iv tried this i found it comes off in patches but i will try again maybe i didnt rub it enough xx

Iv tried this i found it comes off in patches but i will try again maybe i didnt rub it enough xx

To be honest if you want total coverage I've found some colours better than others. Shellac is much better for foils than Gelish because it's tackier. Some of the darker Gelish colours seem more slippy than tacky! :) x

Hi ya. Can anyone please advise me on where I'm going wrong with foils. I did full coverage nails last night. however my friend who was my first guinea pig said they didn't feel as rock hard as when she has just shellac and this morning she said the foil appears to scraping off and feels tacky underneath still. I applied base (10 secs) then colour (cure 2 mins) I then put the glue (cure 2 mins) then foil, top coat then wiped and solar oil. I love the look of foil but want it to last. Any tips for where I went wrong or just any tips in general for full coverage foil application? Many thanks ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1411645676.258769.jpg

Hi ya. Can anyone please advise me on where I'm going wrong with foils. I did full coverage nails last night. however my friend who was my first guinea pig said they didn't feel as rock hard as when she has just shellac and this morning she said the foil appears to scraping off and feels tacky underneath still. I applied base (10 secs) then colour (cure 2 mins) I then put the glue (cure 2 mins) then foil, top coat then wiped and solar oil. I love the look of foil but want it to last. Any tips for where I went wrong or just any tips in general for full coverage foil application? Many thanks View attachment 75499

Hi Carly. If you look a few posts back you'll see what I wrote to someone else. You don't need to use glue over shellac or gelish. The foil sticks to the tacky layer. I think the glue will cause a service breakdown. Hth x

Hi Carly. If you look a few posts back you'll see what I wrote to someone else. You don't need to use glue over shellac or gelish. The foil sticks to the tacky layer. I think the glue will cause a service breakdown. Hth x

Thankyou so much. Didn't think the shellac would be sticky enough for full coverage that's why I used it. I know for next time now. Thanks again :)

To be honest if you want total coverage I've found some colours better than others. Shellac is much better for foils than Gelish because it's tackier. Some of the darker Gelish colours seem more slippy than tacky! :) x

What colours do you recommend for total coverage? I use shellac. Thankyou :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1411657993.593299.jpg

CND golden foil

What colours do you recommend for total coverage? I use shellac. Thankyou :)

Shellac seems to be ok, it's Gelish that can be problematic. I always use a dark colour because it gives a better finish, so black, purple purple, rock royalty. Good luck! X

Shellac seems to be ok, it's Gelish that can be problematic. I always use a dark colour because it gives a better finish, so black, purple purple, rock royalty. Good luck! X

Great thankyou. I have a few darks, black pool, faux fur, plum Paisley so I'll use those. Thankyou

I'm in foil heaven at last 😍😍😍
Been struggling for so long that I put them aside. I decided to get them back out and went for a dark base as recommended (I used faux fur) and voila. It worked so much better than when I was using glue. Made it really easy. I have so many to try :) ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1417209608.851295.jpg

I'm currently a bit obsessed with foils. My clients not so much apart from a couple of them.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1417351161656.jpg
    1417351161656.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 194
  • 1417351177191.jpg
    1417351177191.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 183
  • 1417351234982.jpg
    1417351234982.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 182
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1417363089.179919.jpg