Show us your pets

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381681750.351863.jpgthis is my handsome fella. He's a Bouvier and very typical of the breed. Love him to bits! I'm sure I have some better photos on my PC but this is all I have on my iPad. Would highly recommend this breed though! :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381681993.500755.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381682005.618482.jpg

This is my boy dougie he will be a year old on the 27th love him so much. Love looking at all of your animals :)
Xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381681974.368589.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381681974.368589.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 156
View attachment 45216this is my handsome fella. He's a Bouvier and very typical of the breed. Love him to bits! I'm sure I have some better photos on my PC but this is all I have on my iPad. Would highly recommend this breed though! :)

Gosh, he's huge 🐾

View attachment 45216this is my handsome fella. He's a Bouvier and very typical of the breed. Love him to bits! I'm sure I have some better photos on my PC but this is all I have on my iPad. Would highly recommend this breed though! :)

He is an absolute beauty I'm fascinated by unusual breeds you can't believe so many different ones came from a wolf.

Gosh, he's huge 🐾

Lol. I know.

In my twenties I always had cats so you can imagine the difference between one of those jumping on you in Winter for snuggles and an 8 stone monster with a smelly beard! But somehow he fits perfectly into my lifestyle and I actually miss him when he's at the groomers for 4 hours! :)

So far so good with him health wise but because they have been bred too much to breed standard they can be very bad,their noses can be too short so they can't breathe properly,they can't breed properly they often have to be artificially inseminated because the males can't get on the females and the females have to have caesarians and often will only have one or two in a litter.He was the only pup but his parents bred normally and the mum had him naturally.Hence they can also be very expensive which he was.
Just be careful and make sure you see mum and dad and get them vet checked yourself before you totally commit.
From a walking point of view he has bags of energy keeps up with Ruby our lab and coped really well in the summer we just kept an eye on him.Im actually surprised at how fast he can run and jump etc.

Yes ive seen they are expensive! Yes good advise to go get a vet check before buying, my heart would melt on seeing them but its the best idea. & I too am surprised he can keep up with your lab, I love long walks so thats good to know! Thanks for sharing 🐾 xx

Ive never heard of the breed... Looks huge 👀 & beautiful! Im going to google images now 😊 xx

Yes ive seen they are expensive! Yes good advise to go get a vet check before buying, my heart would melt on seeing them but its the best idea. & I too am surprised he can keep up with your lab, I love long walks so thats good to know! Thanks for sharing �� xx

You're welcome I was a reluctant grandmother to the dog,i was worried about the breed, but I must say I have been won over,I do love him.I think you just have to do a bit of research and don't let your heart rule your head too much with certain breeds because it can become a very expensive mistake and when you buy with your heart it is an encouragement for indiscriminate breeding in the future.Its so sad people will just breed for the money but if people don't buy,people will stop breeding for profit.

Ive never heard of the breed... Looks huge 👀 & beautiful! Im going to google images now 😊 xx

They're amazing Steph!

Before I got a dog I researched painfully long hours as to which would be the right breed for me and my lifestyle. Bouvier kept popping up, but like you, I hadn't heard of them.

After doing loads of research on them I finally came across this video of a 2 year old bouvier and it was me hooked! I definitely knew I had to have one after watching it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qWIo2CHn1A

Best decision I ever made, but then again, I think that's because the breed suits me. To many people a bouvier might be just too demanding/strong/stubborn or even fierce. Lol! :)

You're welcome I was a reluctant grandmother to the dog,i was worried about the breed, but I must say I have been won over,I do love him.I think you just have to do a bit of research and don't let your heart rule your head too much with certain breeds because it can become a very expensive mistake and when you buy with your heart it is an encouragement for indiscriminate breeding in the future.Its so sad people will just breed for the money but if people don't buy,people will stop breeding for profit.

Wise words 😊 xx

They're amazing Steph!

Before I got a dog I researched painfully long hours as to which would be the right breed for me and my lifestyle. Bouvier kept popping up, but like you, I hadn't heard of them.

After doing loads of research on them I finally came across this video of a 2 year old bouvier and it was me hooked! I definitely knew I had to have one after watching it!

Best decision I ever made, but then again, I think that's because the breed suits me. To many people a bouvier might be just too demanding/strong/stubborn or even fierce. Lol! :)

What a beautiful dog. My dog is terribly demanding and stubborn but about as big as your dogs head!!! We always had large dogs before this one, old English sheepdogs and Labradors, this little Tibetan monster is by far the trickiest :-D

They're amazing Steph!

OMG... They are like baby bears!

That video made me laugh, jumping on their backs! & im surprised they managed to get threw some of those hoops!

There is no way I could have one, it would scale my fence no problem 😄! & they even tackle ladders-amazing!

Do you need to give him alot of exercise? Do you have a big garden? Xx

What a beautiful dog. My dog is terribly demanding and stubborn but about as big as your dogs head!!! We always had large dogs before this one, old English sheepdogs and Labradors, this little Tibetan monster is by far the trickiest :-D

You have a Tibetan terrier?

I always joke at dog training that anyone who brings in a terrier and complains that their dog is too stubborn obviously didn't read the small print..."terrier - posh spelling of 'terror'"

;)

OMG... They are like baby bears!

That video made me laugh, jumping on their backs! & im surprised they managed to get threw some of those hoops!

There is no way I could have one, it would scale my fence no problem 😄! & they even tackle ladders-amazing!

Do you need to give him alot of exercise? Do you have a big garden? Xx

Not really Steph, they're surprisingly lazy - one walk a day and he is beat.

Originally they were bred for pulling milk carts, protecting the farm livestock from predators and poachers and also droving the cows to market. I guess lieing down in a field while the cows munch on their grass whilst looking out for humans upto no good didn't require much energy ;)

They are very territorial though, and the garden of my 3 bed semi is patrolled on the hour, every hour, whether it freezes my living room with the doors open or not! Yep, there are downsides! ;)

You have a Tibetan terrier?

I always joke at dog training that anyone who brings in a terrier and complains that their dog is too stubborn obviously didn't read the small print..."terrier - posh spelling of 'terror'"

;)

A Tibetan Spaniel! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381685667.455041.jpg They are not true spaniels. Lol I definitely agree terriers are certainly terrors!!

the strangest dog I've ever seen is the Komondor there is one walked where I walk Ruby and she won't go near it I think she can't see its expressions or eyes.It also lies down very flat and just looks like a floor mop an extremely unusual breed.

guqy2apy.jpg

These are my 2 Rhodesian ridgebacks

the strangest dog I've ever seen is the Komondor there is one walked where I walk Ruby and she won't go near it I think she can't see its expressions or eyes.It also lies down very flat and just looks like a floor mop an extremely unusual breed.

And my second choice to Bouviers! Absolutely love that breed....except when I went to Discover Dogs and actually smelt one close up! Lol. That was enough to make me question if I could live with one for years!

If you could take a photo next time you see it though I would love to see it! :)

Latest posts

Back