Show us your pets

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have got me watching dog videos on youtube now 😜!

Where did you buy him from? Doesn't appear to be many pups available.

Sadly thats the case with my pooch too, I rescued him, he's a traditional shar pei and all videos are from abroad & doing a search for pups brings nothing. 😔 again my boyfriend doesnt want 2 dogs, so its not like Im rushing out to get one, just he is such a lovely dog (once he knows you) xx

the strangest dog I've ever seen is the Komondor there is one walked where I walk Ruby and she won't go near it I think she can't see its expressions or eyes.It also lies down very flat and just looks like a floor mop an extremely unusual breed.

Ive seen these in books, Id love to meet one. Xx

And my second choice to Bouviers! Absolutely love that breed....except when I went to Discover Dogs and actually smelt one close up! Lol. That was enough to make me question if I could live with one for years!

If you could take a photo next time you see it though I would love to see it! :)

I will :) I now want to get close to have a sniff.Do you know what they were bred for.Their hair is just like string,well just like an old fashioned floor mop this one is black so even less of a face to see.Very good temperament though just seems to sway along and lies down flat if another dog comes along.

I will :) I now want to get close to have a sniff.Do you know what they were bred for.Their hair is just like string,well just like an old fashioned floor mop this one is black so even less of a face to see.Very good temperament though just seems to sway along and lies down flat if another dog comes along.
Incidentally I googled dog that looks like a floor mop to find out what it was called,came up straight away lol

Yep, they were bred for similar purposes as the bouvier, except rather than protect cows against humans, they were protecting sheep against wolves...hence their coats...blending into the flock was essential so that they could remain close to the animals they were trying to protect. I believe they originated in Hungary but I'd have to look that up. The Komondor you see lieing down flat when it sees other dogs is exactly what they were bred to do...to allow the wolf to get nearer and then launch an attack to kill the said wolf. That's probably why your own dog doesn't like it, lol.

What I do know is that they are fantastic guard dogs and very protective of their families and owners...I just wish you could bath them a bit more but that coat takes days and days to dry! :)

Yep, they were bred for similar purposes as the bouvier, except rather than protect cows against humans, they were protecting sheep against wolves...hence their coats...blending into the flock was essential so that they could remain close to the animals they were trying to protect. I believe they originated in Hungary but I'd have to look that up. The Komondor you see lieing down flat when it sees other dogs is exactly what they were bred to do...to allow the wolf to get nearer and then launch an attack to kill the said wolf. That's probably why your own dog doesn't like it, lol.

What I do know is that they are fantastic guard dogs and very protective of their families and owners...I just wish you could bath them a bit more but that coat takes days and days to dry! :)

Yes you are right, I read up on them 😄 Im also intrigued as to what they smell like! So clever for the hair to be protection against wolves! They just look like dreadlocks. Xx

Its so fascinating how they adapt to what they need to do there is a programme on at the mo can't think what its called.Our dog is a lab but she is a very curly shaggy lab which I have read means she hasn't been too highly bred and still has a lot of original ancestry in her,as they were originally quite curly and only when show standards came in was it bred out and they became more smooth haired,but she is such a retriever constantly wanting things thrown for her to bring back and she can sniff water from a mile and straight in it because originally they were bred to bring nets and ropes back in.

This is my fur baby Mikey or Sir Michael McGoogan II to use his Sunday name ☺️

He actually thinks he is human! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381688676.081423.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381688735.799391.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381688786.947974.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381688621.775074.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381688621.775074.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 128
Whoops, first time uploading a pic! Kinda messed it up x

Its so fascinating how they adapt to what they need to do there is a programme on at the mo can't think what its called.Our dog is a lab but she is a very curly shaggy lab which I have read means she hasn't been too highly bred and still has a lot of original ancestry in her,as they were originally quite curly and only when show standards came in was it bred out and they became more smooth haired,but she is such a retriever constantly wanting things thrown for her to bring back and she can sniff water from a mile and straight in it because originally they were bred to bring nets and ropes back in.

Oh I want to watch it, let me know if you remember... I ❤️ Dogs xx

Have you ever met a Chesapeake bay retriever? I believe they are more closely related to the original Canadian working dog that became known as the Labrador Retriever...and their coats are really quite curly and feel very wiry. Their heads are also much squarer (like the Newfie) and their paws much wider. Very handsome dogs!

I think that as well as the showring altering the dog, the smaller frame and easy to care for coat must have been highly desirable when the Lab was used more for Gundog work than as Fishermans Friend. What do you reckon?

:)

Have you ever met a Chesapeake bay retriever? I believe they are more closely related to the original Canadian working dog that became known as the Labrador Retriever...and their coats are really quite curly and feel very wiry. Their heads are also much squarer (like the Newfie) and their paws much wider. Very handsome dogs!

I think that as well as the showring altering the dog, the smaller frame and easy to care for coat must have been highly desirable when the Lab was used more for Gundog work than as Fishermans Friend. What do you reckon?

Cute dogs, can see the resemblance. Xx

No of never heard of them but just looked and this is just like her she is yellow but has such a wave down her back everyone thinks she is a labradoodle but she's pure lab my friend is the breeder and I know about 5 generations back.

Yes but he is slightly larger than an average pom, more like a spitz x

I'm glad you said that because the reason for my question mark was that I thought he was too big to be a pom!
I questioned spitz but thought the muzzle was far too long for him to be a spitz, plus the coat was more typically Pom! ;)

Looks like I have spent the last couple of hours revealing my very favourite hobby (besides hair & beauty) .... Can anyone guess what it is yet? Lol ;)

I love dogs so much nicer and more interesting than many humans :)

I'm glad you said that because the reason for my question mark was that I thought he was too big to be a pom!
I questioned spitz but thought the muzzle was far too long for him to be a spitz, plus the coat was more typically Pom! ;)

Looks like I have spent the last couple of hours revealing my very favourite hobby (besides hair & beauty) .... Can anyone guess what it is yet? Lol ;)

Crazy dog lady.......just like me 😜

His papers say pom but he is a spitz all day long. Brilliant wee smiley dog x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381690224.352028.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381690253.397979.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381690297.647884.jpg

This is Rosie... She's a rescue heinz 57 who we've had for a year and the best example of a rescue if u ask me but I'm biased! :)

Latest posts

Back