Show us your website!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please can you take a look at my website only just set it up this weekend any comments and feedback would be really appreciated :) x HOME - Beautyholics

Personally I think you need more colour and some images and graphics in places to bring it to life. Just a bit monotone to me...

P.S if this is your theme please ignore me :)

Thank you for the feedback :) x

Why am I so afraid of sharing my website??
Its taken me a while to build and I'd appreciate others opinions on it.
My bro-in-law has made a few change suggestions but I'll find out what folk think of my own efforts before sharing his lol.

www.be-beau.me.uk

Edited to add, if I look on phone or tablet I have to turn to landscape and minimise a little to fit it on, works fab on PC and laptop though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Why am I so afraid of sharing my website??
Its taken me a while to build and I'd appreciate others opinions on it.
My bro-in-law has made a few change suggestions but I'll find out what folk think of my own efforts before sharing his lol.

Be-Beau

Edited to add, if I look on phone or tablet I have to turn to landscape and minimise a little to fit it on, works fab on PC and laptop though.

Looks ok to me on iPhone. Mobile version of site only thing I would say is the menu, a capital C on Contact as all the other menu titles have capitals. Me being extremely OCD I know lol.

I did only have a quick look.

Looks ok to me on iPhone. Mobile version of site only thing I would say is the menu, a capital C on Contact as all the other menu titles have capitals. Me being extremely OCD I know lol.

I did only have a quick look.
I was searching over the site for spelling mistakes and errors last night, did not once think to check titles D'oh lol
Thanks for that one.
I'd be interested in your laptop/PC view and opinion too as it looks quite different.
Or anyone's opinions for that matter :)

Hi fellow geeks. I'm currently building my site at the moment. I am new to all this! Can I put in pictures from google etc or is that copyright? Thanks x

Hi fellow geeks. I'm currently building my site at the moment. I am new to all this! Can I put in pictures from google etc or is that copyright? Thanks x

Absolutely not. They are copyright and they won't hesitate to sue. I suggest a website such as dreamstime or shutterstock. Prices vary depending on image sizes. Approx £3-£8 per image.

That's great. Just what I thought. I was thinking how on earth do I go about getting images onto my site though?! I'm designing a site myself using moonfruit as I don't want to spend a lot but now sure whether I am going to benefit from doing it this way or whether I should have it designed for me? Arrrr all this is such a minefield. Before I had my little ones, the internet and fb weren't an issue! Thanks for your advise x

That's great. Just what I thought. I was thinking how on earth do I go about getting images onto my site though?! I'm designing a site myself using moonfruit as I don't want to spend a lot but now sure whether I am going to benefit from doing it this way or whether I should have it designed for me? Arrrr all this is such a minefield. Before I had my little ones, the internet and fb weren't an issue! Thanks for your advise x

In my personal opinion (yes I do web design for fellow geeks but that aside) you can make a reasonable free website. Some a lot better than others. But it depends on your knowledge and time you have. However I don't think you'll ever beat a professionally done one. Any website I see that has moon fruit or wix written on it puts me off, but that might just be me.

We charge reasonable prices I feel and offer people to pay in a couple of instalments to help with the cost. Horses for courses.

Ok great. Thanks very much for your advice. Just one more thing, if I buy a domain name, can I take that with me and transfer it if in the future if I wanted a new website designing by somebody else, a different designer etc? Thanks again

Ok great. Thanks very much for your advice. Just one more thing, if I buy a domain name, can I take that with me and transfer it if in the future if I wanted a new website designing by somebody else, a different designer etc? Thanks again

If you purchase a domain through a good reputable place like 123reg then it shouldn't be a problem at all.

Just be aware with 'make your own' websites, unless you can alter their source coding (which most people can't) your websites will not rank the same or as high as a professionally designed website due to the companies restrictions. Very few people know this!

You can also check out our company http://www.littlebigbox.co.uk

We design websites and logo's for companies all around the world, provide SEO training on a 1-2-1 level or we can do this on your behalf. We also provide branding identity, E commerce and hosting to name but a few.

Websites do not have to be expensive, but into today's world they really are paramount to a business, whatever the size!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Just be aware with 'make your own' websites, unless you can alter their source coding (which most people can't) your websites will not rank the same or as high as a professionally designed website due to the companies restrictions. Very few people know this!

I hear what you're saying and I appreciate you're experienced in this field but I'm ranking no. 1 on Google for many searches in my local area... it has taken a while to get there though, is this what you mean? Though I thought this was more because I want known to start with? x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I hear what you're saying and I appreciate you're experienced in this field but I'm ranking no. 1 on Google for many searches in my local area... it has taken a while to get there though, is this what you mean? Though I thought this was more because I want known to start with? x

There are a lot of variables and depends on your website and the keyword targeted.

Hi Pinkbunny, forgive me here I do not work with website design personally, I am involved in the company through my husbands daughter who is very successful and has been for a few years now. I know a little about SEO, nowhere near as much as I would if I was talking to Littlebigbox. I know that source coding plays quite a big part, location and your keywords, area and SEO management etc. I am just advertising littlebigbox to allow people an opportunity to look into the different products and costs available for web design and make their decisions accordingly.

Fair enough. I know nothing about seo really, just what it means! Have no idea if I have done it...
There definitely are advantages to having professionals do it for you though :) x

my website is...

Beaute by SJ

there are some great sites on here x

Latest posts

Back