Shrinkies success

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindaHR

Reaction score
I am determined to make the shrinkies fitting work and overcome the fall out problems. So am having them fitted myself so I can see how careful the aftercare needs to be in terms of heat avoidance.
Does anyone have any other advice on keeping shrinkies in?

Thanks girls.

Linda
x

bloody horrible little things,lol!
I did qualify in them, just incase, have only ever done them once on a client, because she insisted,they did stay in pretty well, but she didnt like the feel of them.

I dont see the need for them?
if a client doesnt want "glue" in there hair, they can have micro rings,
let me know how you get on : )

Kate x

Ha ha ha. Well I loved how quick and easy they went in and they are much less visible than micro-rings. Especially in fine blonde hair. I fitted a full head with them...we both loved the experience, me and the client. then within 10 days 50 of them were out! But I hadn't informed myself correctly on aftercare so she was using hot water and hairdrier.
I like the fact they are so light too.
But I have used them since in the top row of a micro fitting for my fine haired blondes. And they seem to stay in ok having warned them off using hot anything. :-D

will report back on my experiments.

Linda

I have been using shrinkies for about three years and have had great success with these, this is my most popular method of fitting. I think it depends on which type you use, I ony use the adhesive lines ones which do work better than the non adhesive lined shrinkies.

The ones I'm using are adhesive lined. And how careful do your clients need to be with heat? My client had only washed in normal water temp and dried with normal drier temp but 50 came out over about 7 days. None had come out in the 3 days before she washed them.
I haven't yet done a removal. Are there any pitfalls. I know they may fall out when we don't want them to but can still be gripping on there when it's time to say bye bye?
any probs in your experience?

Linda

Latest posts

Back