Sienna x - has it changed?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

applepie

Reaction score
I am curious if anyone else feels the solution has changed lately.

I've been using it 2 years and on my last order my 8 % & 10 % were in white bottles instead of clear There was a thread on here talking about it being a new formula.

When I spoke to Sienna 1st time they told me it was a change but when I actually opened the bottles this week and rang again they said that there had been no change and it was a rumour sparked by the change to white bottles (apparently this is just down to the manufacturers running out of clear bottles).

The thing is that seems strange though is the ingredients listed on the 2 different bottles do have clear differences, it smells different (doesn't seem to have that lovely coconut smell now, not nearly as nice), the guide colour seems much darker for both 8 & 10 % and I have found I need to have the gun turned much lower than normal to produce a nice even tan.

I also got my hubby to spray me last week with it and swear it is different. It has faded a little patchy and the actual tan the 10% gave me I have to admit had a hint of orangeness! It is usual lovely on me.

I'm a bit gutted as I have used it so long and love it and now am worried my clients will also be disappointed. One regular client has commented on it being different without me saying anything at all to her.

It seems very odd to me, has anyone else noticed this or am I going mad?!! :eek::eek:

Just bumping. :)

Anyone?
Has anyone been using the formula in the white bottles and not noticed a difference?

I've noticed a difference, but have not yet had time to call them myself!

The last 2 bottles i've had have made my skin itch terribly immediately after I've been sprayed, and a couple of clients had mentioned the same thing. I've also had a couple of clients complain that it was patchy, and didn't wear evenly.

I need to call them tomorrow, but just wanted to let you know that you're not alone!!

Thanks so much for your reply, Bomballerina.

I am so relieved it isn't just me. I will send an email tonight to Sienna and let you know reply. Will be interested to hear what they say to you too.

I am worried it will start costing me clients returning if it is fading badly so definitely think it worth looking into.

Thanks hun.

Hi i came to look on this site because i have been having the exact same problem! so i joined especially to say yes i have noticed a definate change and im not sure whether to change products or to buy some more in case i had a faulty batch! now im still not sure what to do............. anyone recommend any other spray tan? shame really sienna x used to be great.

Hi i came to look on this site because i have been having the exact same problem! so i joined especially to say yes i have noticed a definate change and im not sure whether to change products or to buy some more in case i had a faulty batch! now im still not sure what to do............. anyone recommend any other spray tan? shame really sienna x used to be great.

That's how I feel Striperella but I don't want to change either - I just want the old Sienna x back

I have just sent a long email to Sienna - could you do the same? If we let them know about the problems we may be able to get something done about it.

ok il do the same xx

ok il do the same xx

Brilliant, thank you. And if it is a faulty batch at least we may be able to get them exchanged - never thought of that as a potential reason for the problems, could be a possibility.

keep in touch and let me know how you get on, i have to do a tan friday and im dreading it x

Hi Guys

I tanned a girl on friday in Sienna 8.5 she has had about 3 tans from me before never a problem she sent me a message today to ask was it the same solution as before as her tan was perfect when it developed but now 3 days later it has gone all patchy and is not fading very well im so worried now I dont want to use it on anybody else. gonna get my hubby to spray me tomorrow see what it looks like I was loving sienna hope they have not changed it.

Cassi

Hi Guys

I tanned a girl on friday in Sienna 8.5 she has had about 3 tans from me before never a problem she sent me a message today to ask was it the same solution as before as her tan was perfect when it developed but now 3 days later it has gone all patchy and is not fading very well im so worried now I dont want to use it on anybody else. gonna get my hubby to spray me tomorrow see what it looks like I was loving sienna hope they have not changed it.

Cassi

Was it a new bottle of solution you used on her?

Hi ya when i ordered my last bottles the lady on the phone told me that there had been a mess around in the factory and they has put the wrong tan in the wrong bottles! the 8% that is usllay in the clear bottle had been up in the 8.5% bottle! she said it would be find but i have to say that i sprayed myself and it went patchy very quickly but i just though it was me for not exfolateing and mosturing! but now im worried about my clients i have done with that tan as had a few new clients and if i goes like it did on me they prob wont be happy!!!!

Sounds like something has gone a bit amiss then! Are you guys going to pass your concerns on to Sienna too?

Sounds like something has gone a bit amiss then! Are you guys going to pass your concerns on to Sienna too?

Yep first thing tomorrow, I will be on the phone I have two girls who are being bridesmaids this week dont know what to do now.

Hi
I would just like to say I have been sprayed using the 8% (clear bottle) which was lovely and faded well and then 4 days later with 10% (white bottle) because I wanted to be slightly darker which was fine on day 1 but faded very patchy and yellowey! almost 2 weeks later now....and I still have freckle like patches in places that no amout of exfoliating seems to shift!

I have no experiance of spray tanning other than these 2! And to be honest it has really put me off...do you think it could be because of the problem you are discussing on this thread? :)

hmmm... I sprayed a girl last week who is normally a 10%, but the time before had tried the 12.5%... I asked her if she wanted the same again this time? she said no thanks, i'll go back to the one I normally have because it went really patchy on me last time! :eek: this is a newly opened white bottle of 12.5%!!

I never really paid much attention to it until now, having seen this thread I wonder if it is the solution? No one has said anything other than her, but strangely enough I have gone SERIOUSLY quiet the last 3 weeks!! where I normally do around 10 tans a week i've done about 2 - 3!! :irked: Wonder if everyone has experienced the same thing but no-one has said anything to me??

Well, I am really impressed with the customer service from Sienna x who called me first thing this morning and am so pleased to report the issue has been resolved.

Following requests they had added the moisturising ingredient used so well in their Q10 range to the 8 and 10%. When they received feedback along the lines of the problems we have experienced they quickly reverted the solutions back and all the solutions are now as they were before - just how we love them!

What a relief!

hmmm... I sprayed a girl last week who is normally a 10%, but the time before had tried the 12.5%... I asked her if she wanted the same again this time? she said no thanks, i'll go back to the one I normally have because it went really patchy on me last time! :eek: this is a newly opened white bottle of 12.5%!!

I never really paid much attention to it until now, having seen this thread I wonder if it is the solution? No one has said anything other than her, but strangely enough I have gone SERIOUSLY quiet the last 3 weeks!! where I normally do around 10 tans a week i've done about 2 - 3!! :irked: Wonder if everyone has experienced the same thing but no-one has said anything to me??

Sherrie,

From what I was told the 12.5% has not been changed at all so maybe your client just did not suit it. I must admit the original 10% is my all time fave so if she was used to that maybe she just felt the same!

Don't worry, it has been a little quieter later all round from the school hols so things should pick up again soon. :hug:

Hi applepie

are they going to replace your tan? i havnt heard anything yet, sent an email last night xx

Latest posts

Back