Sienna x how to choose % for client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pink-pi

Reaction score
I done a search and couldnt find what I was looking for..
I have just trained in spray tanning and wanted to know how do you know which tan to choose for the client or how do they choose?
I will be using Sienna, she said most people will be 8% but I thought that was a bit strange to just do one %

:lol:

I'm a Nail Geek, so am unable to answer your question unfortunately.

I did just want to suggest that you also place your post in the Sienna X social group though, so as to maximise the replies.

Hope that helps.

I done a search and couldnt find what I was looking for..
I have just trained in spray tanning and wanted to know how do you know which tan to choose for the client or how do they choose?
I will be using Sienna, she said most people will be 8% but I thought that was a bit strange to just do one %

:lol:

I would get an 8%, 10% and a 12% solution and ask the client whether they would like a light medium or dark tan and obviously give your professional recommendation as well.

hiya, i use suntana and thought the same most people would want 8% however its turned out iv used a lot of the 12% as quite a lot of my ladies like a really really!! dark tan, so you deffo need to get all 3.

Hi, I use Nouvatan and don't have a call for 8 %, mostly 10,12 and 14%. If you got a bottle of 10 and one of 14, then if someone wants 12 then you can put equal quantities i.e. 50 mls of each, then that will give you 100 mls of 12..saves spending out on 3 bottles..:)To explain to clients how tanning % works (individual results will vary though lol!) I explain that 10% will give them a colour like they've had 2 weeks in Bognor Regis, 12% 2 weeks in the South of France, and 14% 2 weeks in Egypt. Usually raises a laugh but gives them the general idea! HOWEVERRRRR.. if you have a very pale skinned girl who fancies a 14%..I would def advise against it as it wouldnt look good or natural, but Im sure they explained that in your training..hope this helps..xx

I've not been tanning very long but i tend to ask my clients what sort of tan they would like to achieve and also how they would react naturally in the sun. I find that 10% and 12% are very popular with my clients but if i am doing a very pale skinned client for the first time and they tell me that they burn in the sun i find that 8% is perfect for a nice healthy looking tan and that they usually love the results, Should say that i usually spray with suntana.

Thanks girls!

I ask my clients whether they want to look like they've been to spain for one week or two weeks, or the caribbean for one week or two weeks, or whether they want the gypsy wedding look :eek: (I am in Essex afterall lol)

i use sienna and i stock 8.10, and 12 % most of my clients have 10 or 12% and i have had a couple ask for the 16% so think im going to have to order a try me size in 16% and see how that goes

i use sienna have 8,10,12 and 16 in. i use mainly 12 a few light people have 10 and few that want to be dark 16. i think sienna is a very natural looking tan. i personally wouldnt class the 12 as dark

I would always pay attention to your clients skin tone, someone with very pale skin for example will not be able to get a good result from a high percentage solution, you will have the risk of DHA overload, and could be a bit orange, a light skin tone can get a great result from a lower DHA and look a lovely brown. Alson if you were to stock for exampe an 8% and a 12% you can combine these two in equal quantities to get a 10% solution, this can save on outlay when starting, and reduce the risk of having to throw solution away after it goes past it's shelf life, hth x

Thanks for all the advice and tips!

Latest posts

Back