Sienna X patchy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glow!

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Ive recently done my Sienna X spray tan course and after practicing have found that the tan has gone a bit patchy. We were trained to do one coat on the legs and arms and 2 coats on the body and face, is this what others have been taught? After spraying do you get the clients to hold there arms up to dry? Im finding that the underarms and the upper inner part of the arm is looking quite patchy and wondered if this is because the tan hasnt dried.

Any help or advice would be great

Thanks in advance x

Hi,
Sorry can't help as I currently do Sunspa and am thinking of buying into Sienna X.
I would call your trainer. hth
JES

I'm Sienna X trained but was only taught to do 1 coat all over, i do sometimes spray the face twice as i find with most people it doesn't take so well on the face and fades quicker.
The insides of the arms can be tricky as it depends how the person holds their arms, I always check the inside of the arms afterwards as sometimes there is white patches, if thereis I get them to hold their arms out and spray downwards, this always sorts it out.
hth x

Thanks for advice I think I'll try doing 1 coat all over. Its not so much white patches as darker patches that Im seeing under the arms, will just have to try out different techniques till I perfect it! x

Yes I was trained just one coat all over. Maybe you are spraying too wet, try turning your gun down just a tad. hth x

the dark patches under the arms are where the tan is still wet when the client lowers there arms, the bronzers in the tan double up on one of the areas, hence a dark patch under the arms and a white patch on the body, if you spray from the elbow to arm pit and then down the side of the torso in one stroke then remove the hose from your gun and dry this area before the client lowers there arm this will not happen again , it tends to happen more with the slightly larger client like myself where my bingo wings touch my man boobs lol
you only need one coat all over the body as spraying a 10% solution twice will still only produce a 10% tan once its washed off, and incedently the dark patches you have mentioned onthe clients you have already done are nothing to worry about as once the tan has cured the patches will wash off and leave an even coloured tan underneath
If you look on my profile page there are pictures from our training manual of the positions to spray arms ..happy to help

Thanks Steve I will have a look at your position pictures :)

Latest posts

Back