Signature gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had a client contact me to say there nails have only lasted a week which I am surprised about and haven't done anything differently! I used the black colour and had to do 3 layers so I am wondering if this had anything to do with them not staying on. Has anyone had the same problem?

Also does anyone recommend the hard asp gel as I am considering doing this to, does it take long to do a set of nails with this?

How glittery are the new Christmas sets? Please can someone upload pics :)

I have had a client contact me to say there nails have only lasted a week which I am surprised about and haven't done anything differently! I used the black colour and had to do 3 layers so I am wondering if this had anything to do with them not staying on. Has anyone had the same problem?

Also does anyone recommend the hard asp gel as I am considering doing this to, does it take long to do a set of nails with this?

If you cap every layer then it could cause chipping at the free edge. I only cap the first colour coat and the clear top coat. I always use the bonder. I swipe the nail plate with alcohol/steriliser spray before bonding then use Asp dehydrator before bonding. Some colours do last differently. Gunmetal glitz tends to chip some what.

The new Christmas shades are lovely, the march up duos are so glittery they look like fairy dust on speed. However some of them are translucent so are better over opaque colours.

Thank you for your reply.

Can I just run through my routine and see if I am doing everything right.

Buff the nail, file, cuticle work

Apply nail prep- do not cure
Apply bonder straight over- do not cure

Base coat

2 layers of colour

Top coat

Wipe over with conditioning solution

Also which duos would you say are the fuller glitters as I want to use them as an all over colour?

Procedure is similar to what I do. I do cuticle work then file then buff and also dehydrate nail with hand sanitiser sprayed on a lint free pad. Then prep then bond...

Where are the Christmas polishes?! Really want to find them!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

They are in Sally's salon services you can see them on the website.

How are you getting on with your signature now??

I was just re-reading the post on here. And remembered that I had problems in the past and it was to do with applying to much base layer. And the colour would just chip away from the free edge. The ASP helpline suggested dry brushing the base layer before applying the colour coat to help it stick. And avoid capping to many layers.

Hi I haven't used it again since the post I will be doing the same clients again
On Wednesday so hopefully they will lasts better this time! Thanks for the advice I will only cap on the first layer and see if that helps. When you say use a dry brush does that not take all the base off?

Had anyone done anything different with metro? I want to put it on myself but u find it a bit dull. Was thinking of the peach sorbet on the top like smuff has done but wondered about moonraker on the free edge as some sort of gradient?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I love the asp and find if you do the base and top coat layers thin and use bonder sparingly it comes off niceley

Latest posts

Back