Significant time out of action

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cathie!

Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you guys with a pretty full book have ever had to take a significant amount of time off work due to illness, like 4 weeks plus and how did you cope.

Did your clients hang on in for you?

Did you have someone to help you out?

Did you loose many clients?

What did you do?

Any advice greatly appreciated xxx

Hi Cathie,

I took 4 months off work when I had my 2nd child. I did have a girl who took on my clients while I was off and it worked out so well as she was going to uni at the same time as I was planning on returning to work. I guess it doesn't always work out that well and I know i was lucky as I got pretty much all my clients back.

Good luck with everything xx

Is there a geek who would help out, maybe you could return the favour when they go on holiday? I would offer them a half price voucher for when you are back on par, just as a thank you for holding out for you and to entice them back.

Where are you?

Hi Cathie,

I took 4 months off work when I had my 2nd child. I did have a girl who took on my clients while I was off and it worked out so well as she was going to uni at the same time as I was planning on returning to work. I guess it doesn't always work out that well and I know i was lucky as I got pretty much all my clients back.

Good luck with everything xx
Thanks hun, were you self-employed at the time? If so, how did you work out the money side of things?

Is there a geek who would help out, maybe you could return the favour when they go on holiday? I would offer them a half price voucher for when you are back on par, just as a thank you for holding out for you and to entice them back.

Where are you?
I'm in Bristol. I have had offers to help but both are busy techs themselves so I don't like to impose. Both have said they will come to my place of work so it's not too much hassle for clients, I guess sometimes you have to ask for help, it's that or the high road I guess. Thank you for your reply. xxx

I had 2 months off when i had my Carpel Tunnel op last year and i have another op this March for my Cubital Tunnel (joys of being a nail tech:mad:)
I am so lucky as i had Sue, my nail tech from my old salon take over my clients while i was off and they all came back to me after. Lets hope they do the same this March!

Being self employed and needing time off, for any reason, good or bad, is always a struggle. If you have enough warning, find another tech who works like yourself and see if they can take over. Worst case, find another local salon for your clients. If you are good and give them a freebie gift, they will come back to you.

I had 2 months off when i had my Carpel Tunnel op last year and i have another op this March for my Cubital Tunnel (joys of being a nail tech:mad:)
I am so lucky as i had Sue, my nail tech from my old salon take over my clients while i was off and they all came back to me after. Lets hope they do the same this March!

Being self employed and needing time off, for any reason, good or bad, is always a struggle. If you have enough warning, find another tech who works like yourself and see if they can take over. Worst case, find another local salon for your clients. If you are good and give them a freebie gift, they will come back to you.
Thank you for your reply, I do believe all my regulars are loyal and would come back, fingers crossed......so it's about 2 months for hand surgery then? Blimey what a nightmare!

Good luck for yours in March xxx

CTS op is normally only 4 weeks off, but i got a blood clot so needed extra time. Pain in the a... (or should i say wrist!) I have my next op March, have to wait until the PB nail comp at Excel is over and then i get 4 weeks off clients again. I miss the money and miss the chat!

R xx

CTS op is normally only 4 weeks off, but i got a blood clot so needed extra time. Pain in the a... (or should i say wrist!) I have my next op March, have to wait until the PB nail comp at Excel is over and then i get 4 weeks off clients again. I miss the money and miss the chat!

R xx
4 weeks is long enough without the money, nevermind the chat lol, did you need physio etc after?

Yes, 6 weeks (going once a week). It took a long time to recover but i dont regret getting it done, all those sleepless nights due to the pins and needles!

yes honey I was self employed but was mobile at the time so she basically took on all my clients, used all her own products and took all the money so I didn't make anything but I did get my clients back which was good enough for me! xx

Latest posts

Back