silent birth

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
erm......duno but i know homophobes isn't the right word lol!

Getting back to the subject what was he all about on the Oprah show about then!!! He jumped up and down on her furniture and told all the world (Plus venus mars etc) how much he loved Katie. oh let poor katie scream to the world and let her hug little baby once born surely if they took it away for 7 days that effects the (bonding) stage more. If I was having a baby I would want it close to me after I have gave birth.
Oh yes and I don't think there are any bigots here on this site.With no mention of nastyness towards anybody (just to clear it up.) we all get on fab. xxx:hug:

barbienails said:
Oh yes and I don't think there are any bigots here on this site.With no mention of nastyness towards anybody (just to clear it up.)
i think the point being made re 'bigots' was.... who are we to judge whether they're right or wrong?

When i gave birth my midwife told me to stay quiet too.....she explained that shouting/groaning out was using energy that can be put to better use elsewhere....yeah right i thought...first contraction i groaned....she reminded me of being quiet so next time i held it in and used that energy to help me push and it was much better...had all my kids this way.....i have always listened to my midwife...done just what she told me and had great, quick births with no stitches and pain controlled with breathing and a little gas and air......so i do agree with silent births but not for the same reasons as them.

I hope that Kate does hold her baby straight the way....those precious moments can never be re-had....she will regret it. x

Hmm i think everyone should be able to do what they want to do with no judging, however i think its abit crazy (if its true!) But saying that i was quite reserved when i had my lil boy, i just made a few groans!! I dont know how i managed that!!!

ValencianNails said:
i think the point being made re 'bigots' was.... who are we to judge whether they're right or wrong?
Oh yes I know but if you're going to quote me could you quote my whole post. Nobody should have there baby took off them for seven days surely that would affect the 'BONDING' stage unless there are medical reasons or post natal depression why! she shouldn't have her baby in her arms for 7 days. Surely that would be upsetting for her. All you mothers out there tell me if I'm wrong! But yes everyone is right do what THEY think is right for them and their baby but does that always mean they are right Scientifically speaking!!!

barbienails said:
Oh yes I know but if you're going to quote me could you quote my whole post.
i quoted the part of the post i was referring to, didn't see the point in quoting the bits that didn't apply to the reply.

back to nails??? :wink2:

What I can`t understand - is why women choose to give birth with no pain relief?

would they also have a tooth extracted with just gas and air or would they want the full monty drugs quota??

I can understand the bit about keeping quiet - and diverting energy into pushing - but no pain relief??? sounds way toooo primitive for me.

incidentaly - I had an emergency C section - and will be eternally gratefull for it. Morphine and full pain relief for 10 days - didn`t feel a thing.

But each to their own - just thought I`d spend my two penneth before I turn in for the night.

Am I reading this right? What a plan that is... wont work though.
Tom says he wants her to be calm and pain free... well correct me if i'm wrong.. a lady giving birth doesnt scream out of choice... she does it to get past the pain.... like the deep breathing. Theres no way she'll be silent! haha

Anyway, am I missing something?
I thought Tom Cruise only fired blanks? :rolleyes:

NailStyle said:
When i gave birth my midwife told me to stay quiet too.....she explained that shouting/groaning out was using energy that can be put to better use elsewhere....yeah right i thought...first contraction i groaned....she reminded me of being quiet so next time i held it in and used that energy to help me push and it was much better...had all my kids this way.....i have always listened to my midwife...done just what she told me and had great, quick births with no stitches and pain controlled with breathing and a little gas and air......so i do agree with silent births but not for the same reasons as them.

I hope that Kate does hold her baby straight the way....those precious moments can never be re-had....she will regret it. x

we took childbirth classes and were told the same thing. it wasn't totally on my mind when i was in labor, but i wanted everybody QUIET (and i let them know it from the get go!). nobody was allowed to talk except for the nurse who was talking me thru pushing. i liked her:) . but i didn't scream or moan. i was too busy breathing and staring at a dot on the ceiling.

to each her own...

just as long as they don't name the kid Shiney Moon Tea Leaf Cruise or some crazy crap like that...

I remember before I had my first how I had it all planned. Loads of deep breathing, no pain relief, sitting up, no swearing or screaming. YEAH RIGHT!!!! When you're trying to pass a bowling ball plan A kind of went out of the window so I had to switch to plan B - GIVE EM HELL!

kelly01 said:
Apparently, the birth has to be silent so that the child isn't traumatised!
K x

The child won't be traumatized but the mother sure is likely to if she has to hold in all that emotion instead of doing what comes naturally.

loualarta said:
I thought tom cruise was a jaffa anyway so the baby probably was fathered by one of the cult members.

I also thought Tom couldn't father children, but apparently if you get the right acid/ alkali balance of body fluids it can work. I'm trying to say this without being graphic, LOL.

I think we should pray that she gets a emergency [FONT=&quot]caesarian on that bed.

Because I almost thought I am going to die on that table with normal birth. I screamed so loud they could here me down the hallway.

The wheel will turn for Tom. One day he will feel what pain is. I can't believe this, I am really dissapointed in him.

He is an a*****e!!!

Sorry, but he was like my idol.
[/FONT]

I must say that I have lost respect for him. One can't argue about his acting abilities. He's done some brill stuff and he was just 'drop dead gorgeous' in Top Gun, but IMO he has turned into a wacky, weirdo. In the media it is rife that his relationship to Katie is a sham anyway.

if she can't scream for some relief she should smack him! - as long as her movements are slow of course and comfortable for the baby

princessniknox said:
What I can`t understand - is why women choose to give birth with no pain relief?

would they also have a tooth extracted with just gas and air or would they want the full monty drugs quota??

I can understand the bit about keeping quiet - and diverting energy into pushing - but no pain relief??? sounds way toooo primitive for me.

incidentaly - I had an emergency C section - and will be eternally gratefull for it. Morphine and full pain relief for 10 days - didn`t feel a thing.

But each to their own - just thought I`d spend my two penneth before I turn in for the night.

my reasons where because i didn't need them (everyone's pain threshold is different) and also it takes longer to come round to feeling normal again some of the drugs....some drugs can make you feel sick....some make you feel so spaced out that you cant even remember giving birth.

I have had both natural birth and c-section...natural birth was so much better....i was in the shower 10 mins after natural birth.

Weird man. he would have her keeping quiet - but he's not the one feeling the contractions, the head of the baby etc. If that were me I'd have an epidural that keeps you quiet and relaxed somewhat. Also I'd get a new man!

this was discussed yesterday on gmtv before i took the boys to school.
a couple who had 2 children where scientologists and she had 2 silent births.
she said you are not pushed into it at all if you want to scream you can you either take on fully the silent birth or adapt you are not forced or excommunicated if you dont.
she had a water birth and the reason that she had a silent birth was because of her beliefs and that the beliefs is silent birth helps the mum stay calm quiet and focussed and she had good stress free births, she also said that she had a bag packed and if the child was in destress hospital was the only option.
it seems that the media does blow things up and we dont know the full facts, if this was sujested to katie i cant see that she was forced into it.
i agree with angie with my third i had him at home i concentrated on my breathing and focus and was able not to shout....but peoples pain threshhold is diferent and if katie did scream i cant see her being discommunicated or causing shame.
i think people need a better understanding of scientology before passing views like the media does.
i dont know anything about it but the scientology couple with theor 2 kids seemed pretty normal grounded and sensible

pmsl!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry refering to Tink18 comment made me laugh!!

xxxx

Latest posts

Back