silent birth

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tink18 said:
if she can't scream for some relief she should smack him! - as long as her movements are slow of course and comfortable for the baby
PMSL :lol:

loualarta said:
Well that scientology lot are definatly on the strange side. John trevolta and his wife belong to them to. Aparently she was meant to have one of these silent births but screamed out for pain relief in the end. I read in a mag that tom cruise and katie holmes were told they had to have a baby by this bunch of cult weirdos. I thought tom cruise was a jaffa anyway so the baby probably was fathered by one of the cult members.

Excuse my ignorance but wtf is a jaffa?

Fingertips ND said:
Excuse my ignorance but wtf is a jaffa?
i think its a (not very nice) word for a man who is infertile

well that is what I thought as I read it and then decided I would wait to comment until I knew for sure!

I think it is an extremely horrible term and (it doesn't happen often but) i'm really disgusted by it.

personally, i would tell any man where to get off if he told me (a) i couldn't scream the place down (b) was not able to make any sudden movements and (c) (most importantly of all) was not allowed to have my baby medically checked for 7 days after birth!

or maybe i would just hold on to his b*lls and squeeze them as hard as i was not able to scream. see if he's able to keep his gob shut.

Toni Talons said:
or maybe i would just hold on to his b*lls and squeeze them as hard as i was not able to scream. see if he's able to keep his gob shut.

:lol: :lol: :lol: L.O.L !!!!! My kinda thinking hun!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tracey

How to give birth the scientology way - The Guardian

A new arrival is expected in Los Angeles this week: the child of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes. Reports suggest the babe will be born under the strictures of Scientology, the "religion" practised by Cruise. But what strictures are they exactly, and do they stop after birth? Below we offer a digested guide.

1. According to L Ron Hubbard - founder of Scientology - it is important to stay silent during childbirth. This is to ensure the avoidance of "engrams' - impressions formed in the brain because of "physical pain or painful" experiences.

2. Engrams are only relieved through "auditing"- a form of therapy - which is presumably difficult to perform during childbirth. Morning sickness is an "engram" - causes distress and pain (well, duh!)

3. Says Hubbard, in his book Dianetics: "A woman who is pregnant should be given every consideration by a society which has any feeling for its future generations." - I agree with that

4. These considerations should apply to those attending a birth. "Maintain silence in the presence of birth to save both the sanity of the mother and the child. And the maintaining of silence does not mean a volley of sh's."

5. Meanwhile: "Women, you have a right and a reason to demand good treatment."

6. He also claims that a great number of midwives and doctors are scientologists themselves.

7. By the way, life in the womb is not the paradise it has been presented as. Instead "the womb is wet, uncomfortable and unprotected".

8. Even once the child has been born, Scientology can help. According to Hubbard, emotions are transferred to a child through an electrical wave. "Therefore anyone who is emotional around a pregnant woman is communicating that emotion straight to the child."

9. Childhood illness mostly comes from - you guessed it - engrams. Prevent this, says Hubbard, by creating a "calm and harmonious atmosphere" for the child.

10. Furthermore: "Say nothing around a sick child or an injured child. Smile, appear calm, but say nothing."

11. "If she [the child] falls, she should be helped - but silently."

12. "Drooling sympathy" offered to a child when he is sick or feeling unwell can trigger engrams

13. When a young child bounces on a pregnant woman's lap, her unborn child gets an engram.

14. If the husband uses language during sex, "every word is going to be engramic".

15. In Scientology, there are those who are prone to engrams and those who are called Clears. A Clear is a rational person who forms the best solutions he can on the information he has.

16. And pray tell how does one become a Clear? With "some patience and a little study", says Hubbard.

what a load of twaddle

Aspirations said:
i used to think that Tom Cruise was the best thing since sliced bread, but I now think he's turned into a bit of a wierdo! Bet it would be different if it were him giving birth! how about we amputate one of his testacles and he gets to look at some posters and keep quiet???

Here here, as a mum of four. I'd like to see him try it!!!!!

Aspirations said:
i used to think that Tom Cruise was the best thing since sliced bread, but I now think he's turned into a bit of a wierdo! Bet it would be different if it were him giving birth! how about we amputate one of his testacles and he gets to look at some posters and keep quiet???
PSML!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Almost exactly what I was thinking (what I had in mind had soemthing to do wiht a watermelon, I wont go in to details) xx

loualarta said:
Well that scientology lot are definatly on the strange side. John trevolta and his wife belong to them to. Aparently she was meant to have one of these silent births but screamed out for pain relief in the end. I read in a mag that tom cruise and katie holmes were told they had to have a baby by this bunch of cult weirdos. I thought tom cruise was a jaffa anyway so the baby probably was fathered by one of the cult members.
Jaffa?!?!?!?!

tink18 said:
if she can't scream for some relief she should smack him! - as long as her movements are slow of course and comfortable for the baby
psml, you are killing me, I dont remember when I laughed so much (I really dont get out much) xx

i though that was a type of slang for mad or a looney

No it means seedless in the case of oranges...... apply that to a bloke and you get my drift....?

oh right i just thought it meant you were mad! lol

princessniknox said:
What I can`t understand - is why women choose to give birth with no pain relief?

would they also have a tooth extracted with just gas and air or would they want the full monty drugs quota??

I can understand the bit about keeping quiet - and diverting energy into pushing - but no pain relief??? sounds way toooo primitive for me.
with my first and second, I was doped up to the eye balls couldn't push propely or control my breathing
With number 3 I was in control, no pain relief ment I was free to walk up and down go have a bath or anything else that took my fancy, 4 hours from start to finish and best of all my baby wasn't glassy eyed and drugged up as she lay on my tummy. wouldn't say I was silent thow:lol:

Hey Tink, just read what you quoted from that bloke, I agree with you but it makes you think, this guy defenatly has far to much time on his hands, if he was a mum I think his whole religion would have a totaly different out look:)
It must be nice to have so much time to contemplate the meening of life etc.

Susie H said:
Hey Tink, just read what you quoted from that bloke, I agree with you but it makes you think, this guy defenatly has far to much time on his hands, if he was a mum I think his whole religion would have a totaly different out look:)
It must be nice to have so much time to contemplate the meening of life etc.

lol true! plus all the money tom cruise has donated so i bet he's loaded too! i don't like what he says about when a child falls over or is ill, you need your mum to cuddle you and tell you you'll be alrite!

tink18 said:
lol true! plus all the money tom cruise has donated so i bet he's loaded too! i don't like what he says about when a child falls over or is ill, you need your mum to cuddle you and tell you you'll be alrite!
To right, didn't they prove about 20 years ago that prem babys that were cuddled and sung to grew way faster then prems who were just fed?
My daughter is 17yrs old and she and I still need to hug:hug:

iv just been for a hug lol (explanation in my journal)

tink18 said:
iv just been for a hug lol (explanation in my journal)
just read it:hug::hug:

Latest posts

Back