silent birth

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tink18

Reaction score
I aren't a mother so help me out here but is this even possible?!? it looks quite painful to me (from video's they use to show at school but they could have just been there to scare us!) how is Katie Holmes going to keep quiet? Tom Cruise has even had posters made for her to read while shes giving birth to keep her silent! how daft is that! I don't understand all this scientology business and each to their own but surely they understand giving birth is a natural process and your allowed to scream the place down! she's not even allowed any pain relief. wonder if she's allowed to even hold the baby when it's born?

i used to think that Tom Cruise was the best thing since sliced bread, but I now think he's turned into a bit of a wierdo! Bet it would be different if it were him giving birth! how about we amputate one of his testacles and he gets to look at some posters and keep quiet???

So are you telling me she has to keep quiet whilst giving birth.....???

silent birth...hahahahahahahahahahahaha!:irked:
yeh right! I woke my then two year old up as I had his little bro in the next bedroom, I was trying to be quiet, and yet howwwling and moaning like some person i'd never met before...:eek:
Good Luck Katie (if your an aspiring techie who happens to geek!),,,

I woke up the next dorr neighbour!!!

Is she allowed and epidural or anything like that...maybe he will just have to gag her...it's totally rediculous in my book...

Just read on sky news interactive thingy that they can't talk to the baby for 7 days after it is born either!!!

Apparently, the birth has to be silent so that the child isn't traumatised!

Shes gonna need some luck! I remember with my first sitting in the labour ward listening to women screeming like banshees, and me thinking I'm not gonna do that, only to find a few hours later that I too turned in to a banshee!

Good luck Katie!

K x

I just Googled this and it seems like it is being taken to extremes by the media!

the baby will be traumitised enough having him as a father if he's this mad! lucky Nicole Kidman!

Well that scientology lot are definatly on the strange side. John trevolta and his wife belong to them to. Aparently she was meant to have one of these silent births but screamed out for pain relief in the end. I read in a mag that tom cruise and katie holmes were told they had to have a baby by this bunch of cult weirdos. I thought tom cruise was a jaffa anyway so the baby probably was fathered by one of the cult members.

shes apparently got a scientology advisor that goes everywhere with her telling her what is and isn't against the rules of scientology. was also rumoured to be one the reasons him and nicole split

I agree Lucky old Nicole!

K x

Katie Holmes is apparently readying herself for the Scientology birth of her first child.

Holmes, 26, and fiance Tom Cruise met in April 2005, with Cruise swiftly converting the Batman Begins star to Scientology. The philosophy of Scientology teaches that women should keep silent during labour so they do not traumatise their newly born child.

According to BreakingNews.ie, placards saying: "Be silent and make all physical movements slow and understandable" were carried into Holmes' house last week.

Cruise advocates the system, explaining: "There have been misinterpretations that the woman can't make any noise, and that's just not true. It's nutty. No, but just calm and quiet. I want Katie to be as comfortable as possible."

Yep 'its all about Katie......................

thats probably why they adopted kids , coz she wouldnt have them lot telling her to give birth silently ,
it sounds totally stupid to me , how can you not talk to your baby when its born :eek: weird !!!

LOL this is weird aint it........Well each to their own, but how the hell is that baby gonna hear its mother scream when it has its head held in a clamp by the birth channel..I think the poor sod has his own agenda there and probably wont give 2 hoots what his mother is saying at the other end ... I have just asked my son did it bother you that I called your dad all the things under the sun when I gave birth to you???? he said, hmmm let me think...... NOOOOOOOOO I CANT REMEMBER THAT LOL.....
If that is the issue and I was Katie I would go for the under water birth, sound doesn't penetrate water does it lol......
As for then taken the baby away for 7 days, righty ho.... poor cow her hormones will be all over the place and she cant even cuddle her baby.....Nice religous group.....
I know what I would do with those posters lmfao, but do they fold that small and will they fit ????

Guys, I agree the scientology thing is a little bizarre, but some of the things that have been said on the subject so far are a little strong. I think its time to back off a bit and remember that many different people read this forum and we dont want to come across as a bunch of homophobes. I dont believe everything I read in the newspapers, its probably best to take it all with a pinch of salt.

Well I think they are all nuts ha ha

Nailsinlondon1 said:
I know what I would do with those posters lmfao, but do they fold that small and will they fit ????

love it!!

money seems to drive people wappy! id rather be skint and sane thanx!

tamimac said:
we dont want to come across as a bunch of homophobes..

no ones mentioned anyones sexual orientation

tink18 said:
no ones mentioned anyones sexual orientation
Sorry, should I say bigots instead?:lick:

Latest posts

Back