silk/fibreglass strip with acrylics?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deb379

Reaction score
Hi there - long one!

My client who has acrylics is super hard on her nails, I can guarantee she will need 2-3 tips replaced when coming for maintenance, always the same nails, and we have kept them shorter due to this problem.

She has had the fabric# system by someone else and isn't keen to have this again because she could see the fabric - I thought this might be an alternative.

I was wondering if I could use a silk or fibreglass strip across the stress area under acrylic to add extra protection for the tip. If so, how would I go about it and would it affect the acrylic.

I have suggested we try bio sculpture gels when I have done my course as they are more flexible and not as hard as acrylic, as this time she has obviously really knocked her nails hard as the tip has taken several layers off the nail plate.

Any suggestions? Oh as as the nails were quite damaged I have not replaced the tips as I felt if she did it again she could cause more damage. We are going to see how they are in 2 weeks and I have applied nailtique so strengthen them.

Deb379

Deb379 said:
Hi there - long one!

My client who has acrylics is super hard on her nails, I can guarantee she will need 2-3 tips replaced when coming for maintenance, always the same nails, and we have kept them shorter due to this problem.

She has had the fabric# system by someone else and isn't keen to have this again because she could see the fabric - I thought this might be an alternative.

I was wondering if I could use a silk or fibreglass strip across the stress area under acrylic to add extra protection for the tip. If so, how would I go about it and would it affect the acrylic.

I have suggested we try bio sculpture gels when I have done my course as they are more flexible and not as hard as acrylic, as this time she has obviously really knocked her nails hard as the tip has taken several layers off the nail plate.

Any suggestions? Oh as as the nails were quite damaged I have not replaced the tips as I felt if she did it again she could cause more damage. We are going to see how they are in 2 weeks and I have applied nailtique so strengthen them.

Deb379
Well there are many questions to answer on this post.

1. You say the client is super hard on her nails ---- THAT is the problem, not what system you are using.

2. If the client could see fabric through the Resin ... her nails weren't done correctly, why not offer to do them so she doesn't see the fabric through the resin.

3. Liquid/Powder is the strongest system so if she is breaking this, then I wouldn't choose a less strong system. Nails with flexibility will only flex so far and will break just the same on a person as heavy-handed as this lady. So be logical in making your choice.

4. If she wants nails with no breaks she is going to have to wear them shorter still or make an effort to take more care. Nails do not break if they are not knocked and I mean knocked hard. Perhaps she is not a suitable candidate for nails ... some women aren't.

5. 2 weeks of Nailtiques will not make much difference to the damaged nails, it will not replace the bulk of the nail plate that has been lost ... this will have to grow out.

6. No you would not add a stress strip under the acrylic. It would add nothing and take away from the attractiveness of the enhancement.

Tell this lady the fault is hers and to do something about it or nails are not for her.

I think I knew the answer really, but thought I would put it up anyway.

When she had fabric done once before it was by a master tech.

Deb379

Master classes do not include Fabric# as it is the Fabric# brand and not a Creative product.

Whoever did them was not a Master at using Fabric# clearly.

Hi there

Didn't realise that about Fabric# not being creative, assumed it was one of their products because they sell it.

The tech was a Creative Master, I assumed being a master technician meant you are excellent at doing nails, and you only do master classes when you are good and have lots of experience? Need to understand more about the master classes etc as not really sure about them as no one has explained about them before.

Deb379

The master classes are for L&P, but changes are on the way......Samuel hinted at that at ExCeL, and if you know Samuel, you know that all he will do is, hint and smile....:p .........So lets hope we will find out soon !!!!!

Fabric# is by Designer Nails , and they are the sole UK distributors for CND.....

But Fabric# is my speciality and I would jump at the chance to take my Masters in that...........as soon as it becomes available....let it be soon.......I hope.!!!!!........Not getting any younger lol....

I have been using fibreglass for more years then I care to remember and if done correctly. it will look brill,will be strong and flexible, but there are limits to what kind stress any system can take.... they are meant to break at a certain point, or else we would have clients with severe nail damage on our doorsteps at all hours lol.....

Latest posts

Back