Silk lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brownt62

Reaction score
Hi geeks...I normally use mink lashes which I get from lashbase but I'm interested in trying out faux silk ones....can anyone recommend a good company to get these from and are these silk lashes the same curl/length as lashbase mink trays?
Thank you
Jan
Xxx

Anyone please??

Are you looking at Nouveau Lashes? If so they'll be the same as the synthetic mink ones x

Are you looking at Nouveau Lashes? If so they'll be the same as the synthetic mink ones x

Thank you Rubytues....I'm basically trying to find companies that sell silk lash trays....I'll try Nouveau xxx

As far as I'm aware the silk are the same as the fake mink?

I prefer silk lashes to mink lashes. They give a much nicer finish.
Eyeluvlashes sell them in mixed trays so you can but a couple of trays and try them out.
Eyelash Extension Trays by Eyeluvlashes

Last edited:
Maybe I should rephrase the last post...if I was ordering c's in silk should I order d's if the silks are not as curly as the minks? Thank you

Depends where you buy them I guess.
Here is a pic of a Lashbase mink'c' curl and a silk eyeluvlashes 'c' curl. Both are the same length but there is a difference.

Attachments

• lash comparison.jpg
    lash comparison.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 156
There is a FAQ page on the lashbase website that explains the difference between mink and silk lashes. see LashBase FAQ and Information

Great thread :) been wondering the same thing myself as I had a set on before that were just so stiff I hated them - don't know what they were. My lash course is booked for 11th April so I want to make sure I get the right ones. However - on the lash base FAQ page (above) it says:

The difference between a Mink lash and Silk lash is in the manufacturing process,
both of them are made of the same synthetic PBT material. The design of the Mink eyelash produces a softer and lighter lash than the silk eyelashes.

So is it mink that are softer or silk? I would have thought its be silk????

Silk are softer. They are stretched more in the manufacturing process making them softer and more akin to the natural lashes :)

Latest posts

Back