Silk Nail Thread - how do I use it?!?!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoyalLass

Reaction score
Hi,

To save trying to explain the product - here's a link...
At Your Finger Tips > NEW! Silk Nail Thread - Cerise and Black

I wonder if some of you lovely geeks could explain how you would use it please?
I know it says on the website just just apply where you want it and encase...I thought it would be tiny slivers of silk in a tub or something and you would just pick it out with tweezers and place bits where you want them. But it comes on a long, wide strip...all stuck together! If you get what I mean....

You can't separate the strands of silk.... so if you wanted to place it on the tip, how could you get it to bend around the smile line?? At the risk of sounding thick....how would you use this product?

Thanks!

i would imagine that you could trim it with scissors to give the smile line then put it on to wet resin or glue,when its dry remove the excess edges and then encase? do you do silk enhancements? if not i would invest in some stork scissors as they are fantastic for cutting silk, you can get them from any salon supplier.
hth a bit x

Hi, thanks for the reply...I do L&P (NSI)....do you think it would look any good placed on the tip?? Unfortunately, I had a slightly different thing in mind when I bought it and have never seen or heard of this....
Told you I was being thick, never thought of actually cutting the smile line into it...tho the tips I use have a really deep smile line, so I'm thinking it may be difficult?

the tips I use have a really deep smile line, so I'm thinking it may be difficult?
If they're well-less tips then you 'can' apply the fibreglass/silk to the tip and trim to size prior to adhering the tip.

You would usually use fibreglass/silk strips with resin as opposed to L+P or Gel.

hth's

do you blend your tips? if you don;t try glueing it to the tip and removing excessbefore you attach the tip maybe? i would imagine it would look really good as a tip,worth a go anyway xx

I could be wrong but I think the product your'e after is art thread. Affiniti Nails do tubs of this thread in gold and silver. I have both colours and it looks amazing embedded into L+P.

Heres a link to the website Art Thread at Affiniti

anne xx

hi anne....that is exactly what i thought i was buying! so thanks for that link...v, helpful.

I do use well-less tips so I will give it a go sticking it on then trimming before applying the tips.

thanks guys!

you could chop it up small and use it in little tiny bits.
or if you cut it into smaller squares you should be able to fray the threads off to use singly.

Latest posts

Back