Silly question how do you empty wax into heater

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flapjack

Reaction score
Hi

This may sound bit of a silly question but I have always had the phd wax kit so having the new hive digital in pots etc is all new to me. I have been buying pots of wax and emptying into the little bucket type inserts in the hive heater. But this is quite a slow process its really hard getting wax out of the tub into the heater pots.
Is there an easier way of doing this ? as im getting in such a mess lol!

Thanks

Depending on what wax pots you buy you can heat them in the microwave (if plastic tubs) and then easily pour into the wax heater or for hard wax its fairly straight forward if you use the pellets as you can keep topping the wax pot up as you go along and always work with a full one :hug:

Why not just take the liner out of the heater & put the whole pot of wax in:) When you have done waxing just wipe out any spills with the cleaning fluid and a cloth

If you are trying to decant a small tub of wax into the Hive digital heater then place the inner bucket inside the heater and place a wooden spatula across the top beside the scraper bar then turn the tub of wax upside down, it will balance on the spatula and the scraper bar , turn the heater up high and the wax will drop into the heater. Just ensure you adjust your temperature and check before use.
Hth Jack

great tip thanks Jack, I've been faffing about with 2 mins in the microwave, test and another 2 mins etc...takes ages!!

Word of warning, I have melted a plastic pot in the microwave before lol.

You could always buy a cheap single pot heater, you can get them for about £20, which you can just keep a spare pot in ready to top up your main heater.

Also, check out H&S guidelines, they say that you're supposed to empty and clean the wax pot every week or month or something like that.

I heat the wax in the pots it comes in, in a double 500cc heater. So it's not an issue for me. The pots are usually empty after a day. :D

If you are trying to decant a small tub of wax into the Hive digital heater then place the inner bucket inside the heater and place a wooden spatula across the top beside the scraper bar then turn the tub of wax upside down, it will balance on the spatula and the scraper bar , turn the heater up high and the wax will drop into the heater. Just ensure you adjust your temperature and check before use.
Hth Jack

I do the same as Jack. To get the last bits out of the pot, dip your spatula in the hot wax to warm it up and just scrape the rest out of the pot.

Interesting reading what everyone does.

I just balance my tub of wax over the wax pot (beehive), & let it melt into the pot, doesnt take too long, then just use a spatula to scrap the excess in.

I am thinking of getting a new wax pot, but was just going to get the same as I have at the moment, a number dial, white beehive, the larger one, but have heard about the digital ones - are these better/ more popular than the older ones? x

Hi

This may sound bit of a silly question but I have always had the phd wax kit so having the new hive digital in pots etc is all new to me. I have been buying pots of wax and emptying into the little bucket type inserts in the hive heater. But this is quite a slow process its really hard getting wax out of the tub into the heater pots.
Is there an easier way of doing this ? as im getting in such a mess lol!

Thanks

Can I ask why you stopped using phd?
As that's what I use and LOVE it, no mess, hygienic, clean and safe!
Id never go bck to a stick and a pot now, with the mess the faffing and hygiene reasons!
X

Latest posts

Back