Simple salon software

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlee-c

Reaction score
I'm looking into doing my appointments electronically,I just need something so simple,I'm only a small salon so something small and not over priced.anyone have anything they can recommend?

Thank you

I'm looking into doing my appointments electronically,I just need something so simple,I'm only a small salon so something small and not over priced.anyone have anything they can recommend?

Thank you

If you're going for 'not over priced', will free do you? :)

Have a look at Salonlite - The worlds first free online salon and spa management software, would've thought that would be a pretty good fit for your requirements (disclosure - I work for the company the provides the software.. which also means I can answer any questions, should you have any)

Have a look at Salonlite - The worlds first free online salon and spa management software, would've thought that would be a pretty good fit for your requirements (disclosure - I work for the company the provides the software.. which also means I can answer any questions, should you have any)

This is amazing. I have customized it for myself (although I don't really need such a big system) it works great.

Thanks for this :)

no problem, glad it helps :)

Salon Iris - its amazing! Google it :)

But do you need to be connected to the Internet all the time?

It's entirely web-based, so yes, an active connection is required to use the system.. but in all honesty, when was the last time you didn't have some access to the internet in some form? 3G on your iPad, a wireless internet dongle (I use one for working outside, ridiculously cheap these days), wireless broadband in virtually every building you walk in... it's fairly hard to actually find somewhere where there isn't some sort of cheap internet connection anyway!

It's entirely web-based, so yes, an active connection is required to use the system.. but in all honesty, when was the last time you didn't have some access to the internet in some form? 3G on your iPad, a wireless internet dongle (I use one for working outside, ridiculously cheap these days), wireless broadband in virtually every building you walk in... it's fairly hard to actually find somewhere where there isn't some sort of cheap internet connection anyway!

Plus it says on the site that they are working on apps too so you can have the app on your iphone (wish they would do an android one at the same time).

And you also have the option to use a text service to your clients to make sure they remember about their appointments. Yes it costs but not that much and done through paypal.

I still think its a great site and so much cheaper than other sites.

How many people are currently using this and would you recommend? Is it more for mobile clients or salon based as well? Can you use it's with an epos till?

Thanks

Plus it says on the site that they are working on apps too so you can have the app on your iphone (wish they would do an android one at the same time).

I still think its a great site and so much cheaper than other sites.

Thanks, always nice to hear positive comments! I'll definitely raise your request about Android apps!

How many people are currently using this and would you recommend? Is it more for mobile clients or salon based as well? Can you use it's with an epos till?

Thanks

Since launch (which wasn't too long ago), we've got well over 300 people signed up, with over 2000 appointments booked in.. so yes, it does appear that people are very happy with it :)

You can happily use it in any instance where you want to make bookings - best thing to do is sign up and try it out - as AngieF has mentioned, there's absolutely no charge involved for using the system.

Let me know how you get on or if you've got any questions.

Looks very interesting, I came online last night to find a simple software solution for a sole trader. Will you be offering upgrades to EPOS software at a later date, so we can track retail sales tie everything all together? Not what I need now, but might be good know there are plans.

Are there any hidden extras that you need to pay for apart from the sms service, and how much does each text cost please?

Oh, one last thing, will I be able to access my bookings system through my HTC windows phone? Will it all work, or are there restrictions when connecting from a webphone?
Many thanks.

Last edited:
Salonlite looks great but iv just signed up and when trying to edit things, it constantly gets stuck on "please wait, processing..." when you attempt to save changed data. Anyone else find this?
It just seems extremely slow?

Hi,

StudioTracker is an easy to use software system with advanced and sophisticated features designed to enable hair, beauty and tanning salons effectively manage all aspects of their business. StudioTracker offers flexible packages to cater for both large and small salons. The software does not need to run over the internet and this therefore guarantees its security.

Salonlite looks great but iv just signed up and when trying to edit things, it constantly gets stuck on "please wait, processing..." when you attempt to save changed data. Anyone else find this?
It just seems extremely slow?

Strange, not had anybody else reporting any issues - could you let me know what you're trying to do and how you're accessing the site (browser, iPad etc) and I'll have a check into it for you?

If you'd prefer, you can send us a message via the 'contact us' page on the site and we'll get back in touch via email :)

Looks very interesting, I came online last night to find a simple software solution for a sole trader. Will you be offering upgrades to EPOS software at a later date, so we can track retail sales tie everything all together? Not what I need now, but might be good know there are plans.
Part of the idea of Salonlite being wholly internet based is that we can update it quickly, so we can add in requested features. I can't give too much detail away at the moment as nothing is definite, but let's say that there's some been strong suggestions about certain elements of EPOS...

Are there any hidden extras that you need to pay for apart from the sms service, and how much does each text cost please?

No hidden extras, and no limitations - you'll find others offer 'free 30 days' or 'free for a single column - there's nothing like that in Salonlite. It's just free.

SMS Messages are sold in 'packs' of 100, at £10 per pack.

Oh, one last thing, will I be able to access my bookings system through my HTC windows phone? Will it all work, or are there restrictions when connecting from a webphone?

The site has been optimised for portable devices such as tablets etc, but you might find that currently on a phone you might have some display issues (simply due to the size of the device). However, our team are working on creating a 'phone view' at the moment, so this should come along shortly.

Hope that's answered all your questions :)

Hi,

StudioTracker is an easy to use software system with advanced and sophisticated features designed to enable hair, beauty and tanning salons effectively manage all aspects of their business. StudioTracker offers flexible packages to cater for both large and small salons. The software does not need to run over the internet and this therefore guarantees its security.
Had a look at your website, thanks. How much would the software only package be, and what is the monthly fee, any additional fees etc like sms reminders?
Many thanks.

Premierian is there a beauty one because when I have signed up its just hair unless there is a hidden button and I can't see it because I'm on my phone

Thanks

Charlee-c

Once your on a pc, you can go in and edit the contents as its just a template. I have deleted all the sample and now have it set for nails.

Hth
Angela

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

That's great just had a look on my Iphone and can view so great keeping a eye on how busy when i'm not there and for mobiles as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back