SJK problems anyone?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Binnsy29

Reaction score
I'm feeling really rattled about SJK. We ordered 2 lots of weft hair extensions from them before Christmas and both of them matted. We have never had this happen before and something doesn't feel right with SJK. Hair quality has definitely deteriorated and you cannot get hold of them for love nor money.

We're now in Feb and have we been able to resolve this? No, its still ongoing. Their number just rings and rings and they only respond and receive emails if you chase and chase, and we've now resorted to using Facebook to chase them. We have finally got some dialogue going this week and they are saying they have had no other complaints which I find hard to believe.

We can't be the only one experiencing issues with their service and ignoring customers. I get the feeling they are experiencing supply problems, and have probably bought emergency stock from alternative sources which is a lower quality. Perhaps they have a cash flow problem, would that explain why their phone number was taken off their website for a while? Who knows.

At the end of the day, we just want a refund for selling us an inferior quality hair than we ordered but god knows how long that will take, if it ever will, but rest assured we'll fight for our client and will make sure they leave our salon happy with high quality hair.

They'll probably also tell you everyone that comments on this post is a fake profile. Feel free to print screen this and send it to them! You are NOT the only one having issues.

There's threads and threads on here about SJK's problems since around October/November. Common SJK surely they're not all fake?

I've seen numerous comments from people complaining on their facebook page, which within minutes are deleted.

I ordered 150 lux bonds from them late October within a week it was a matted mess - I booked my client in for removal and SJK told me to send the hair back for testing, once it got round to removal it was around the 2 week mark - the hair was snapping all over the place when brushed stretched like chewing gum and matted like crazy. Now my client has been with me for a while - she made cheap Xtensions hair last 6 months! Which is budget Chinese. But opted for something a little more expensive to treat her self - this happened - I removed and returned. I then paid for my client to have a new set of extensions from Angel remy - with my own money (this has lasted and still feels like brand new!)

Weeks went - no contact from SJK, tried contacting them - nothing. They then claimed they didn't recieve the hair - even more crazy (I sent it recorded delivery) they then said my client didn't use the correct shampoo or conditioner - I supplied her with Options shampoo and conditioner etc - the same as they use but I'm not paying £11 per bottle when I have exactly the same but without their logo.

I kept pushing for it to be rectified, I contacted trading standards to try and get it sorted (inline with the sale of goods act - the product should be of satisfactory condition and last a reasonable amount of time 4a Indian being like it was I don't class this as reasonable) who told me to allow it 8 weeks if it's not resolved they will start looking into it. I told SJK this and started a thread on here, they told me EVERY ONE who commented was a fake profile - in fact I know half the people who posted - trust me they're not fake!) and bribed me to delete the thread and tell trading standards it's resolved if they give me 100 strands of 3A hair - erm nope! On the last day of the 8 weeks I got my refund.

I will never use then again.

Olletta Spring from Locks of Love xx

It's funny how no one ever recommends them anymore when there was always the same 4 or 5 people on every thread recommending them? I think it was them who had the fake / personal friends profiles, just use the search option there's loads of bad reviews lately : (

Wow thanks for the replies. I've gone through some posts on here and have numerous screenshots to provide trading standards, which is the route I'll go down if they try to intimate they are not at fault. Thanks so much for the help. I knew something didn't feel right!

They really have gone down hill unsure on the hair, but customer service is shocking & slow, no notification of when your orders been dispatched, no phone number incase of any problems, i only found out they were going downhill last week i didnt realise as i havent been as busy but i have now moved onto Angel Remy which is recommended alot & a 30% discount cant argue with great hair at a great price, cheaper than sjk too! Xx

Ive had exactly the same issues with them. I have never had a refund agreed though. Just loads of excuses and then no contact at all.
I swapped to transform and angel remy hair and have had no issues. Customer service is great and I feel confident that if I ever did have problems they would be speedy to rectify them

Ive had exactly the same issues with them. I have never had a refund agreed though. Just loads of excuses and then no contact at all.
I swapped to transform and angel remy hair and have had no issues. Customer service is great and I feel confident that if I ever did have problems they would be speedy to rectify them

Completely agree xx

Thanks so much for replying everyone, I'm so glad it's not just us! it's just so awful they've let down so many of our clients with their shoddy service and quality.

I used to love their but since seeing all these posts i quickly moved on from them! Xx

I was the first to complain when I found the quality slipping but I have to say, that I have continued using the wefts for my micro ring weaves and found them still useable after the 2nd and 3rd refit. They aren't silky soft like some you can get but it can look more natural and blend better with real hair. Tried the stick tips again recently and client says it's knotty but saveable with my shampoo and conditioner. It's hit and miss I think

We also gave had a few customers saying that the hair is knotty but all in all still good quality but will be trying a few other suppliers

Nothing but problems with them!! The hair has definitely deteriorated. And they definitely send wrong hair! Quality wise.. if I order luxury im sure they send aaa! Positive of it.

Stephanie x

Im using now.. style icon, remi couture, remi goddess, beauty works x not had any problems with these. And use Hairtrade to order x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I ordered 150 of colour #1b got sent 100 of that colour & 50 colour #4 as if i wouldnt know!! xx

Latest posts

Back