Skin Base - advice on this brand please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellymare

Reaction score
morning all, I've been looking into 'skin base' to start offering microdermabrasion from my home salon, but I wondered if any of you already use this and had any advice please? I currently don't offer facials or microdermabrasion so I'd need to start attracting this customersin first. thanks in advance

Maybe it would be an idea to ask your current client base of it would be something they are likely to want. You could post on your social media that you are considering it and for your clients to comment if interested.

Be mindful that some may say they are interested but will never actually book in, but if you get overwhelming interest then investigate its viability.

morning all, I've been looking into 'skin base' to start offering microdermabrasion from my home salon, but I wondered if any of you already use this and had any advice please? I currently don't offer facials or microdermabrasion so I'd need to start attracting this customersin first. thanks in advance
Hey

So my first Microdermabrasion training was Skin base.Now this was like 5 years ago and i did rate them on the effectiveness of removing dead skin. I cant comment on scars,wrinkles and pigment but every client came out looking fresh.

My issue was the machine was realllllly loud made a high pitched sound at the end of the session lol clients would jump. So i had to pre warn every client about the noise. I also found it very messy so there was cleaning up after..and the hose blocked up a few times. The company did amend this issue so yeah just on the basis of a good facial i rate them. These issues may not be present now, it was a while ago they may have different machines. Get them to come and demonstrate one.

I know skin base do the pay as you go so it is a good way to start up without a huge investment that may or may not take off.

In terms of your clients do a questionaire asking what treatments they would want to see in the salon and take it from a vote.

Microdermabrasion like other treatments of its nature needs a lot of talking about. People need to have it personally advertised to them.

If you decide to go for it do a trail day and get some pre bookings down with the payment of a deposit to secure the booking and make some goody bags with info about skinbase and maybe a product tester..

Good luck.

that's really great advice, thank you both!

I have Skinbase microdermabrasion on payg,
Brilliant machine, crystals & tips come within the price,
You do have to sign up for a minimum of 6months ( so I’d def work out the min costs, but as long a I do 1-2 treatments a month it pays for the mc. So it’s a win win for me.
I’ll pm you the costs.
Xxxx

Latest posts

Back