skin care range

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mizzy

Reaction score
hi could someone recommened a good skin care range i have blemish /oily spoty skin with open pores ive used dermalogica but it doesnt work any advice would be nice thank you i was thinking about liz earle or whitch hazel

hi could someone recommened a good skin care range i have blemish /oily spoty skin with open pores ive used dermalogica but it doesnt work any advice would be nice thank you i was thinking about liz earle or whitch hazel
Eve Taylor do a lovely range for oily/spotty skin,it's purifying,they are all aromatherapy based so not too harsh but do the job.Reasonable prices as well.

How often are you exfoliating?Have you been given any preventative tips?I.e drinking plenty of water,watching your diet,exfoliating twice a week,following your cleanse,tone moisturise routine,not using different products from different ranges as this can cause a clash with PH levels and cause problems.I.e overload of products,leading to problems.

Witch Hazel is great to dab on the blemishes or T Tree.

Have you tried Australian brands Miessence, Jurlique or Kosmea?

They are all natural and miessence is certified organic

I use skincare / bodycare products from all three of these companies.

People with oily/problematic skin types get spots (whiteheads) because the excess sebum on the skin causes an imbalance in the acid mantle (the skins natural protective barrier) which allows bacteria to enter the skin and cause spots. Comedones (blackheads) occur when excess sebum blocks the pores which are often enlarged.

Obviously, i am going to recommend Matis Oil Control products because thats what i work with and i really believe they work. Thay have lovely products in the oil control line such as Claryfying Cleansing Gel, Intensive Puryfying Serum and Oil Control Gel Cream (the latter i use at home myself).

When you select which products you want to use bear in mind the ingrediants, alot of brands fill thier products for oily/problem skin with alcohol as they leave the skin feeling clean but they actually strip the skin of so much moisture the skin produces even more oil to compensate so you are then back at square one.

HTH xxx:)

i use dermalogica both personally and professionally and it has really helped my skin - what products where you using?

becki

i was using dermal clay with daily microexfoliant and active moist before that i used the anti bac wash instaed of dermal clay and it didnt help either im using neutrogena wash at the moment as ive stoped using the dermalogica products i need a good skinscre which will help control blackheads and spots

any skincare range needs to be used for at least a month to be effective.

But obviously if you used it that long it just wasnt for you!

Are you suffering with redness tenderness?

hi i was using it for about 3 months it just brought out loads on my cheeks jawline and mouth they wont go there getting even worse very sore plus ive noticed little veins on them red and purple where they are how can i get rid of thease thanks i do suffer with redness

in my opinon you need to deal with the redness/inflammation/sensitivity using soothing products - I only really know dermalogica/elemis and champneys.

Elemis do a lovely cleanser and toner - camomile which would be good for you.
Do not touch the area - avoid make up if possible - or use mineral makeup.

Have you been to the doctors?

You may have acne or infected spots which a doctor can sort out.

becki xxx

im going doctors next week they get really itchy and sore i might try elemis thank you

We can all recommend different skin care ranges to suit your skin but in all honesty the Dr is probably your best bet.There are some fantastic treatments for problem skin via your GP.Good luck with your visit and if you dont get any joy with the Dr ask to be referred to a dermatologist.:hug:

Latest posts

Back