Skin reaction help!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunniebee

Reaction score
help I have a client that I have used 3 differance skin ranges on, and each time she has had a reaction, but only on her neck......

I have not had any problems with these ranges with any one else, 2 were mini facial so only cleanse tone and massage and one was a full facial with scrubs and mask.

so can any one tell me why her neck is the only place that comes up in hives and scab like sores ..... if she was alegic to the products would not the whole of her skin have come up in sores??:cry::irked:

sorry about the spelling

to be honest it could be lots of reasons why its only her neck right from her skin type through to any medication she may take.

if i was you i would make the effort to take a real detailed and extensive medical/personal history just to make sure she has not forgot to tell you anythink then go from there.

The only thing I could think of is that her neck area has been previously sensitized to some other product. Some people have a greater tendancy to sensitive skin that others, for example, I have religiously sprayed perfume onto my lower neck and wrists on a daily basis. About 5 years I developed very sensitized skin in those areas only. Literally one day it was fine, the next it was very reactive to sunlight. I can no longer expose my neck to strong sunlight without then ending up in the doctors office needing steroids!

Now I'm not saying that is what has happened with your client but it may be worth getting a really detailed history about any products that she has ever used/had a reaction to - ever. Become a detective and you may find your answer.

What is the common component of the products you have used and she has reacted to?

Thanks you for your help, I had given here samples to try before I did the facial they I do all new facial clients, but of course she never did her neck. I she isin her 50's not on any med , one range was marine based the other aromatherapy (lav and cam).

I think I will have to think up some more question for her, but thank you for all your advice:smack:

may be the aroma oils are just to highly concentrated for her neck as some can be quite strong.

Also when asking her questions about her history are you asking her any aroma based questions rather than just facial and basic history questions?

some people/salons have a whole other range of other question when it comes to essential oils.

Hi honeiebee,
the products I use on my clients are very mild, not perfumed and the ingredients are nutritional. I have never had complaints and my clients really like the products. They regularly purchase the products for homecare use. If you want to know more about the products you can pm me. :)

Hi All the above posts mention really good points - but to add check what range she uses at home (this will tell you what does not affect her) and if she is using any topical steroid creams, retinoids, AHA's as well. Look at your product ingredients and see if there are any likely suspects. The face, neck and decollete are very sensitive areas and I would suggest patch testing products on her before any more facials.

Latest posts

Back