Skin testing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lorna_

Reaction score
Hi, wondered if anyone can help with some questions I have on skin testing.

At my last salon we did skin testing religiously on every new client and wouldn't do any colour service if they refused a test.

Whereas at my new salon, they hardly ever skin test, I think because they don't want to turn custom away. This is all new to me as I'm used to being quite strict with skin testing, however I don't want to seem like I'm refusing to do clients.

I'm concerned as all these new clients are being booked in with me as I'm still the new girl. Im sure I heard somewhere that if a client has an allergic reaction it is classed as the stylists fault and not the salon itself. Is this true???

Wow they don't want to turn custom away. I'm sure they'd enjoy being sued.

If you didn't skin test someone the salon would be reprimanded, not you. I would imagine.

:rolleyes:We were told at college it's the stylists responsibility to skin test

:rolleyes:We were told at college it's the stylists responsibility to skin test

Say I didn't have a say in it? Like they've booked someone in I didn't know who hasn't had a skin test. Is that still my problem?

Wow they don't want to turn custom away. I'm sure they'd enjoy being sued.

If you didn't skin test someone the salon would be reprimanded, not you. I would imagine.

I know exactly! I hope so! I skin test everyone but there's always a few I haven't booked I don't know about

Do you pay your own insurance? I would imagine that if the salon pays the insurance, you're working to the salons policy and they would get sued. If it's your own insurance you play by your own rules.

Vic x

No I don't pay any insurance. That's good to know [emoji5]️ thanks I didn't think of that x

No I don't pay any insurance. That's good to know [emoji5]️ thanks I didn't think of that x

If you're employed by the salon, the salon is legally liable for any harm suffered by the client that was caused by the actions of an employee. It's called 'vicarious liability'.

If your client suffers a serious reaction, the salons insurance won't help them if they don't stick to a sensible skin testing policy as per manufacturer's instructions. They risk losing their business and more if they aren't a limited liability company.

Awful [emoji30] skin test should always be done! Have you tried asking why they don't skin test everyone?

Basically because they don't think it's necessary (!)

Latest posts

Back